Need Help: Previous car owner's summons

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
I recently discovered that my car previous owner still had 3 speeding tickets from the police that he did not settle yet.
It dated back to the year 2002 and I bought the car in the year 2004.
What am I suppose to do?

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
The thing goes like this, as far as i concerned, after changing ownership, the summons will fall under the previous owners identification card number. The record may not be updated by the Police force or JPJ. Please consult and explain to them.

Bring along the ID number, car registration & change name form for record purpose to Police or JPJ wherever u have the summon from.

Not to pay single cent.

Cheers buddie!

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
As far as you are concern, you need not do anything. They (the police and jpj) should track the previous owner to his IC and address in record.

If you want to play safe in case of roadblock, just have a photocopy of your transfer paper handy in your glovebox, or with you whenever you are in the car.

Cheers.

d6d2

1,000 RPM
Sep 17, 2005
kl/ipoh
nowadays all summons based on driver's name ic. wont be anymore of car registration number.
so never fear of someone knocking ur door, it wont b police coming wif warrant! keke ..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
yeah, dun wori. and dont bother. my car has 6 summons from previous owner.

traffic police dept told me not to worry. she said - 'we are not stupid after all' with a smile. :)

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
yup yup.. dun settle it.. let de previous owner haf de debts n pay for it.. :X-:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
zan said:
yeah, dun wori. and dont bother. my car has 6 summons from previous owner.

traffic police dept told me not to worry. she said - 'we are not stupid after all' with a smile. :)
haha but "we r not smart after all too" lol

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
If you ever buy another second hand car, its best to check the previous owner summons before deciding to purchase it. Ultimately you don't have to pay for it, but you still wouldn't want a car with lots of summons in its registration. It just won't feel right.

Make sure the owner or second hand dealer settles the summon before buying it.

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
my car now. previous owner. got 10 saman. hehe..

its not registed under my name/ic/address/ownership.

the police/court should find the old owner. not me!

dome zero

Known Member
Jun 14, 2006
if u go to TP check got summon o not, they juz ask u show IC, dun tiu previous owner summon la.~~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since buying a used Waja 1.6 (on the road 2002) just about a month ago for about RM15 K, I have been wondering why Waja has such poor resale value. The original Waja 1.6 auto price in year 2000 was RM64K and after 12 years has depreciated almost 80%. Of course this is true also of Continental cars and of Korean cars. The depreciation of the Waja is due to its replacement by Proton new Saga and Persona, also the Preve and the Campro models.
Before I bought it, I was looking at the Myvis and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience