National Automotive Policy 2009 Review Results

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Re: The New National Automotive Policy

Mustapa said as part of ongoing efforts to help Bumiputera entrepreneurs in the automotive industry, a Fund for Bumiputera Development will also be established.

Besides this, he said that a charge of RM10,000 for each open AP will be introduced as announced in the 2010 budget last week whereby under current status, APs are issued for free.

A fund will be established to assist Bumiputera companies venturing into the automotive and other related businesses, he said.
All this to only help the bumiputra's ?? what about the non-bumi's? I thought the whole government was barking about the 1Malaysia campaign?? what about it now? all bull shit... a stupid campaign to make money ! :thefinger:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
malaysia's NAP is...

zzzzzz zzZZZ zzzzz zZZZzz zzzz zzZZ ZZzZ ZZZZ

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
hi all,

not much we can do in here. maybe the reason for all of this.
the local product get "better" score from previous.

News: Better built this year, says J.D. Power - Star-Motoring

just my 2 cent:
no point to spend so much money becoming a doctor, an engineer or what so ever.
nowadays all going to drain.... better to be a politician will get better earn/luxury...

wrong move... from the start...arrghhhh.....

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
First, there is this stupid system that imposes so much tax on imported cars to protect protong...
Good, shouldnt be too bad.... then, theres all the lame laws that vaguely states what is legal to be done and wat is not... coupled with those "hungry officers", u often hear things such as:
"Lampu encik manyak putih/biru... Ini salah... tak bole..."
"Ekzos encik terlalu besak... manyak bising... tak bole..."
How blue is considered blue? How loud is considered loud?
All these judgements based only on their eyes and ears that maybe can outrun the acuracy of decibel meters and such.... Perfect...

Then there is this NAP announcement.... what?!!
This is just a hideous way to tell us, "scrap ur 15+ years old junk and buy a new mighty protong".
Why is this so? Simple.....
You have a 16 year old beloved daily driven ride...
One day, aircond compressor kong... wat to do, no chop shop stuff... buy new lo...
maybe get surprised by the price of new parts that cost few times more, but tekan ur balls and pay...
Then, its time that ur roadtax expires... cannot renew easily like before... have to dig out some time, go and queueeee up for inspection.... next? The officer says this cannot, that cannot, ur car not safe to drive, not roadworthy, blablabla.... huh? in your heart, ur cursing their grandma's dog and cat and etc... u try to argue with him, but remember the power to pass/fail the inspection is still in their hands.... even if they let you go this round, u still have to follow the damn routine to go for inspection each year if it is mandatory for each road tax renewal...
What if ur g/box kongs next? Block warped? buy a new one?...:banghead:*faint*
G is trying to force us to get though this hell again n again..
After that, protong will come down from heaven and offers us the path of light to stop our sufferings....Which is to trade in our so called junk for 5k and go for their new car....:stupid:

I rest my case... The G has been treating car enthusiasts worse than whores all this while...Im not sure if i am one, but im sure a lot of enthusiasts in ZTH will feel that its worthier to scrap the G than their rides..........sory if the post is too long.. juzz wanna express wat i feel

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
fark this bloody G....ridiculous self centred bastards...still wanna protect protons shit market?

omg....how is this countyr gonna progress when we have idiots running the country?? i think chimpanzees can do a better job running this country....

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

if got any protests or riot please let me know...i will be in KL...i also want join in !!!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
ur eg more den 15years ord?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

No more half cut??where can get new sparepart for old car la like dat??..they want us to scrap car every 5 years kaa?
use proton car lol, saga model lasting for 20 more years. new saga BLM ll be produce at least till 2020.

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
aiya 1st the RON rating....Then this...After this what will happen?:egg:
on december they are going to increase petrol price or floating system.
what i heard is subsidi till up to above 1.6 liter car & using IC system to run.

sometime i just wondering vision 2020 is based on what calender???? no offence

JEBON

500 RPM
May 4, 2005
The next General election.......let us show dis Barua Negara whose the real boss! :thefinger:

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
those cars that need lots of maintenance special care....or easily break down.....resale value will suffer even more with this announcement

---------- Post added 10-30-2009 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-29-2009 at 11:58 PM ----------

1 solution to all this crap, 2 wheelers will rule !!!! get either some bike or bicycle.....

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006

1 solution to all this crap, 2 wheelers will rule !!!! get either some bike or bicycle.....
then every night we rempit in front of that bugger minister's house and throw ikan masin into his garden, let his whole house stink...

Muhammed

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
www.dezignercustoms.com
Hi Guys

Being a Foreigner living in Malaysia , It astounds me to read through the New National Automotive Policy. The Points being raised are absolutely Frivolous and Absurd and Reflect poorly on the government to address and ease the lives of the Citizens in Malaysia.

This Whole move is a measure to provide security to a Local Manufacturer , that cannot build cars that will suitably be able to compete with any rivals in the same category , I am sure that anyone on this site , If given the option between a Honda City / Toyota Vios as opposed to the Proton equivalent in a free market economy , will definately choose the Japanese Alternatives , Simply because they Provide exceptional Value , Reliability , and have a tendency to outlast , Out perform and outprice the local offerings on a price vs Spec vs Reliabilty and Resale Value .

The JD Powers & associates survey should never serve as a Feather in the cap of Proton , Fair enough the Saga has performed Well , But it is the only model in the Entire lineup that has scored a decent Result , and it comes after the Japanese rivals from Honda and Toyota that it competes against in the first 6 months of ownership only, most problems with build quality rarely become apparent in that time frame, So Proton still has a lot to learn , And using a Survey like this as a trump card to Promote their well establised Insecurites , will only help them in becoming complacent

In a company as old as Proton, providing security through the means of exhorbitant taxes and the AP system , is just protecting an Industry thats doomed to failure , since in a free market enviroment , Proton would be forced to Improve Quality, Lower production Costs and streamline operations to be Competitive which in the process leads to research and developement and the end result is Quality that is on Par with other manufacturers , The Infrasrtucture required is already in place , All that is needed is efficient Quality Control , Good Management and good marketing to remove Proton from the Doldrums it currently finds itself in. This move to Protect the local industry will be defended by the powers that be , But in the Long term , Proton will have to streamline as the local Market is in no way large enough to absorb the Entire Production and Export markets will have to be found to buy up the surplus , If quality is such a problem , which countries will consider Proton , So protection is just delaying the Process which would have to be addressed to ensure the Sustainability of the local Manufacturer.

Another Issue that needs to be addressed is the question of the Road tax in Malaysia , I find it absurd to impose tax tiers based on the Capacity of the vehicle , ie upto 2.4 capacity , and then higher tax as the Capacity of the Engine increases , The Rationale behind this , I assume , is that if you can afford a bigger car , then surely you can afford the Higher tax , these trivial and childish issues are irrelevant when applied to the impact on infrastructure. Wear and tear on the national roads system is in no way proportionate to engine capacity , but directly proportionate to the Curb weight of the Vehicle , Ie a heavier car will affect the road infrastucture far more severely than a lighter car with a bigger engine , this Impact on Infrastucture is what costs the government money to continually repair Potholes and other hazards on the roads which are a routine occurence in Malaysia, But since the money Making Machine of Imposing tax on displacement results in alot of revenue, and the fact that most people prefer a Powerful car when choosing a Family Saloon , this provides a captive market and the choice to streamline this aspect will not be forthcoming anytime soon

Another issue is that of Spare Parts , Is the primary rationale behind this move to curb supply because no Revenue is generated when a Car is stripped and the Parts sold as Stand alone units? Does anyone even bother to calculate the costs to the Economy of an Indifferent move of this Nature, How many Jobs will be Affected , How many companies would literally run themselves out of business just to comply with regulation?

Why is specific mention made of the Bumi aspect when the powers that be, firmly support and Introduce a 1 Malaysia concept?

Clearly the Legislation is poorly thought out , and would require a serious rethink to be effective in promoting the interests of malaysia as a credible investment alternative to other manufacturers, And to the development of local industry that would turn an inefficient Manufacturer into a quality assured , competitive force in the Global market

Last edited:

alibaba

Sep 16, 2005
KL
The person who set the policy, he seems like pre-mature, lack of knowledge and zero leadership, we dont know he came out from which university. Someone seems want to suicide themselve and support, and next time dont blame this blame that and talk all kind of shit. Proton failure not because of other factors, the most important is 'human error'. The peoples working inside proton how many staffs is useful or useless? How many quality staffs they employed? Proton sponsor British Rally, A1 gp and also Proton use the expensive Lotus to race in MME ( The car not cheap cos is GT spec), why they want to spend all these of money? What is the value of the objective? Good method to build the brand name? Proton, please build a better quality car. When i was in UK, the proton sale person told me the proton rubber quality is very good, he asked me did i know Malaysia is very famous in rubber, and many rubber tree in Malaysia, WTF, this is the only selling point for Proton?

Regarding the used parts, not everyone can afford to buy a new car and new parts, why they need to give hard time to us? How many new parts can fully supply for our Malaysia car industry. The person set the policy is he come from the rubber estate plantation? If every malaysian almost rich, i think we will say bye bye to Proton.

We love our country, Malaysia. So please dont let some malaysians make shame to other Malaysians. If you think you are not smart enough, please diam diam and balik rumah tiduk, or may be you can think how to make the palm oil to become the petrol and make money for our country, rather than give hard time to rakyat Malaysia.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I just noticed that my car's steering wheel automatically swerves to the left whenever I ease my hands off it. My car, of course automatically turns to the left as well. The steering doesn't swerves much, just a slight tilt to the left.

I just had a 4 piece of tyre changed last week. What could be wrong?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience