National Automotive Policy 2009 Review Results

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Found this is todays star paper....... im like wtf?

Wednesday November 25, 2009
Most cars can use RON95, says Ministry

THERE is no truth to the claim that RON95 petrol can damage a car’s engine, according to the Domestic Trade, Cooperative and Consumerism Ministry. Deputy Minister Datuk Tan Lian Hoe said the ministry was unaware of notices displayed at some petrol stations telling the public that RON95 fuel could damage some types of car models. “We will send our enforcement officers to conduct checks on these petrol stations,” she said to a supplementary question by Datuk Johari Abdul (PKR — Sg Petani). Johari had said the notices, shown at some petrol stations, but not Petronas, listed the type of cars that cannot use RON95. “These cars are also used by MPs, like vehicles with 1.6-litre capacity and above. “This can mean there is sabotage against RON95. Maybe the notices are suggesting that RON95 users are buying lower quality petrol,” he added. Earlier, Tan said most cars in the country can use RON95 petrol. She added that consumers in major car manufacturing countries in Japan, Europe and the United States also used RON 95. Tan told Hamim Samuri (BN — Ledang) that the Government allowed the sale of RON97 and RON95 petrol to give consumers a choice. “Good quality petrol is not necessarily one with a higher RON or Research Octane Number value, but one which suits the engine,” she said.

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
[H] [K] [S];4011429 said:
Found this is todays star paper....... im like wtf?

Wednesday November 25, 2009
Most cars can use RON95, says Ministry

THERE is no truth to the claim that RON95 petrol can damage a car’s engine, according to the Domestic Trade, Cooperative and Consumerism Ministry. Deputy Minister Datuk Tan Lian Hoe said the ministry was unaware of notices displayed at some petrol stations telling the public that RON95 fuel could damage some types of car models. “We will send our enforcement officers to conduct checks on these petrol stations,” she said to a supplementary question by Datuk Johari Abdul (PKR — Sg Petani). Johari had said the notices, shown at some petrol stations, but not Petronas, listed the type of cars that cannot use RON95. “These cars are also used by MPs, like vehicles with 1.6-litre capacity and above. “This can mean there is sabotage against RON95. Maybe the notices are suggesting that RON95 users are buying lower quality petrol,” he added. Earlier, Tan said most cars in the country can use RON95 petrol. She added that consumers in major car manufacturing countries in Japan, Europe and the United States also used RON 95. Tan told Hamim Samuri (BN — Ledang) that the Government allowed the sale of RON97 and RON95 petrol to give consumers a choice. “Good quality petrol is not necessarily one with a higher RON or Research Octane Number value, but one which suits the engine,” she said.
whats their freaking problem?? crazy :stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

they are just informing what....SOME CARS are NOT suppose to use..why the G back side so itchy !?!?!?!?

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
so if i pump 95 into my 4G63T and my engine gets farked up, will the govt buy me a new engine? petrol station owners are being ethical and informing the customers. wtf is wrong with that? sometimes can't really differentiate if idiots are talking or farting through their mouth. :stupid:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
so if i pump 95 into my 4G63T and my engine gets farked up, will the govt buy me a new engine? petrol station owners are being ethical and informing the customers. wtf is wrong with that? sometimes can't really differentiate if idiots are talking or farting through their mouth. :stupid:
thts y they r smart... say turbo cars not suitable...:smokin:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
feel lack of power when using RON95 in kelisa.

I think what G mean is RON95 is suit for most of the cars as can start the engine and drive.
However, performance wise, belakang kira.

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
i guess they are juz born deaf blind & stupid. petrol station staffs are advising us consumers whilst the G's assuming a boycott is on goin... wtf? dont they read their car manual? if they dont know anythin bout chemistry, juz stfu! god damitt!

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
[H] [K] [S];4012736 said:
i guess they are juz born deaf blind & stupid. petrol station staffs are advising us consumers whilst the G's assuming a boycott is on goin... wtf? dont they read their car manual? if they dont know anythin bout chemistry, juz stfu! god damitt!
well we're the one's that vote them in, perhaps next round could just give them a taste of being the opposition..... what say you guys:listen:

SEG86

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
KEPONG
Visit site
Dont say car use effected .. even my Suzuki Scooter feel the Different .
LAck Power + Engine Noisy + Vibrate Engine .. = Fuel Burning Not so Effective
Now my Scooter Use back Ron97 to Prevent Engine Damage ..
Ron 95 = Save Money Pay More for Engine Damage Repair

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i used ron95 for 2 months but results were horrible...lack of power and the horrible pinging sound. even 2 of my colleagues car(wira 1.5 and saga 1.3) had this horrible pinging sound continously throughout the drive. i switched back to 97 and had to drive for 20 minutes everytime to get to a pump that sold 97...

now...from what i understand, the pinging sound is the sound of pre-mature ignition of the fuel/air mix which is caused by the ron95 fuel type's lower resistance to ignite when compressed. pre-mature ignition will in the long run cause damage to the valve(both intake/outlet) as the valves may not be fully closed when ignition occurs. from my understanding, RON95 WILL damage your car if you hear pinging sounds. not all cars can accept RON95. the petrol stations are just doing their civic duties by informing the public that some cars are not suited to use the RON95 fuel and it will cause engine damage in the long run....

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
THIS IS WAT THE G WANT TO SPEAK, ONLY USE PROTON AND PERODUA, BUT NOT A IMPORTED OR 15++ OLD CAR, :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Erm hi everybody/senior2x/sifu2x n buddy...

would lke to know, where is the good spot to install this bush for SGti....

N where to install it ( I mean shop/workshop/acc shop )
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience