Myvi 1.3 SE lagi best improvement

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
driving 120++ is asking a little too much for a car like myvi. Nevertheless, if you like speeding, perhaps upgrading the stock brake could help kill speed rapidly in case of emergency.....

All the good handling, cornering, acceleration would go down the drain if the brakes themselve suck.

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Yup...like all of them said.

Pelan - pelan kayuh bro. If you are unsure, ask away in ZTH. I'm sure a lot of sifus and myvi owners would be happy to provide you better information.

By the way, you did mention that the car is around 1 month. While waiting for the upgrades, I would suggest that you get used to the car. I know how you feel when myvi taking corners. Hell, even my 20 y.o. rolla takes corners better (with My02 rubbish tires - as Iszo points out in another post :biggrin:).

Not sure if your car is first hand or dunno how many hands, but if its brand new better maintain stock until your warranty habis just like what has been highlighted in the post linked by renesis.

Better to understand the characteristics of the car and at the same time honing your driving skills further :biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hualamak myvi again ka...

My suggestion: Front strut, rear ARB. And you can get the lower 4 point strut if you want to. Stiffen the front to reduce oversteer. Since the ori suspension set up is already too stiff to you, then dont do anything.

FC: Get lightweight rims, eco tyres, and improve the engine's efficiency rather than increasing power. And watch your foot.

P/S: 120kmh is like normal cruising for me. Average FC is 16-17km/l. Cornering I would say thrice better than stock, and I did not break my back bones or loose any bolt from the car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hualamak myvi again ka...

My suggestion: Front strut, rear ARB. And you can get the lower 4 point strut if you want to. Stiffen the front to reduce oversteer. Since the ori suspension set up is already too stiff to you, then dont do anything.

FC: Get lightweight rims, eco tyres, and improve the engine's efficiency rather than increasing power. And watch your foot.

P/S: 120kmh is like normal cruising for me. Average FC is 16-17km/l. Cornering I would say thrice better than stock, and I did not break my back bones or loose any bolt from the car.
You still on stock tyres, right? Once you upgrade your tyres the cornering can be improved on further.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I'm on these : Advanti Racing | Truly Desirable

Advanti storm Series 2 :biggrin:

I wouldn't have high hopes for brace bars on the Myvi. The front tower strut bar will stiffen the front so much so your steering will seem more responsive. Fender bars perhaps might help as well. 4-pt lower brace perhaps again might have some effect in the front. The rear torsion beam strengthener is a waste of money. If you like I can sell you mine cheap. :biggrin: Any other chassis strengthening bar will get in the way. Like the rear tower strut bar will kill boot space. The room bar will kill rear legroom. If ultimately you want to have stability you'll have to sacrifice some comfort. Go for fully adjustable suspension. Some sport springs will make the car unbearable low and crossing bumps will be a pain in the ass unless you go up in wheel size which might increase ride height. Anyway it's a science to get the right mix cuz not everyone has the same taste. You're better off meeting up Myvi owners and testing their rides, then only decide which one is for you then only buy it. Personally - I find the chassis alignment kits (like stiffring) are a waste of money on a car like the Myvi.
Makes me think gonna go get the Advanti 16". or 17" since is lightweight then won't affect much for me upgrading to 17". Room bar is good if we don't want any passengers at the rear :rofl:

shanfathi

Feb 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Please don't fully trust on those myvi's owner reviews. Some owners are too subjective (probably they too love their car). Personally i found out some are overrated the product performance. Example, front lower 4points structure bar. It does a little improve on the braking part (which the car won't falls too much to the front). Same to the rear ARB and front tower bar.

If you want significant improvement in stability. I can recommend you to install fully adjustable suspension and bear in mind that, your passenger (especially rear passenger) will dislike the feedback from the road. 

PS: Stay in stock form IS THE BEST!
thank you for your opinion :) will stay in stock until something happen or need to be changed :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
thank you for your opinion :) will stay in stock until something happen or need to be changed :)
Play Satria Neo if wanna play. Not myvi. :listen:

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
Hi,
i would like to ask all the sifus in these following areas, :
1) i have been driving this car for a month, and i feel this is abit bumpy ride compared to gen2 2003 i drove before. what improvement should i do on this.
(change the suspension, adjust damper rate, however, wont help that much due to the car weight and etc)

2) the normal cornering rate to me is really disturbing as i used to drive gen2, i sways alot to the side and i need improvement too. any suggestion would be great.
(lowered ur suspension, bigger wheel, more jj/ width, however all down to how u wan to tune ur ride)

3) im planning to change the stock rims to a 15" rim, budget less than 700bucks and black,light weights and attractive. any suggestion?
(nth to suggest, perhaps can go shop along jalan kapar)

4) I have no planning to do any modification on the engine and or anything like open port or air intake, for now i just need to improve on stability and comfortability to the ride.
(strut, suspension, better tyre, however still a myvi, dun expect much from it)

5) how to have a stable and heavy steering when on speed of 120kmh ++ ? i drove a satria neo ( friends) it has very stable and heavy steering. really convenient on highspeed
(it was meant and design ftowards urban usage, not so much for cruising high speed, however do check ur tyre, or u just need to buff up ur muscle (biceps and triceps)

**all parts are still stocks and under warranty. i just want to drive better at cornering and good FC.
(good fc, change engine oil on time,replace airfilter, remove unecessary items, and lighten your right foot)

thank you.
just my worthless 2cents from a noob

Last edited:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
You still on stock tyres, right? Once you upgrade your tyres the cornering can be improved on further.....:driver:
ya stock tyres...no $$ to change. Wait till tyres botak first haha.

Upgrading to tyres that bites more means higher FC...also wider tyres means more drag. If TS wana save more fuel than cannot loh haha. Gotta give and take :banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hi,
i would like to ask all the sifus in these following areas, :
1) i have been driving this car for a month, and i feel this is abit bumpy ride compared to gen2 2003 i drove before. what improvement should i do on this.

2) the normal cornering rate to me is really disturbing as i used to drive gen2, i sways alot to the side and i need improvement too. any suggestion would be great.

3) im planning to change the stock rims to a 15" rim, budget less than 700bucks and black,light weights and attractive. any suggestion?

4) I have no planning to do any modification on the engine and or anything like open port or air intake, for now i just need to improve on stability and comfortability to the ride. '

5) how to have a stable and heavy steering when on speed of 120kmh ++ ? i drove a satria neo ( friends) it has very stable and heavy steering. really convenient on highspeed

**all parts are still stocks and under warranty. i just want to drive better at cornering and good FC.

thank you.

get hwl/gab adjustable suspension...then if u want with slight comfort then find dealers that offer free selection of spring rate during installation...

then get the biggest front and rear anti-roll bar from ultra racing....

thats about it u can do

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But but but... I thought a heavier rims will help improve stability while cornering?
Assuming stock suspensions lah.
I have a friend driving a stock viva, changed to Vios rims. Definitely feel very planted.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But but but... I thought a heavier rims will help improve stability while cornering?
I have a friend driving a stock viva, changed to Vios rims. Definitely feel very planted.
Alloy rims have wider offset then stock metal rims also, so center of gravity improved....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's not heavier rims la. Heavier rims just increase momentum and makes braking goddamn scary. Oh and kills acceleration for small engine cars.

And your friends Viva changed to larger and wider Vios wheels, sure la planted. Hell, My myvi 175/60/14 change to 185/60/14 already got difference lor. But tyres in these range are kinda limited. CS1 just does not grip as much as RSR. :biggrin:

Screw high profile tyres. LONG LIVE LOW PROFILE!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

planning to install clifford 2 way alarm system for my car. anybody knows the price and shop which knows how to install the alarm system?

what is the max distance for the 2 way to respond? I worry that the alarm have approx 200 to 300m only.

does the alarm comes with immo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience