Myvi 1.3 SE lagi best improvement

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But but but... I thought a heavier rims will help improve stability while cornering?
Assuming stock suspensions lah.
I have a friend driving a stock viva, changed to Vios rims. Definitely feel very planted.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But but but... I thought a heavier rims will help improve stability while cornering?
I have a friend driving a stock viva, changed to Vios rims. Definitely feel very planted.
Alloy rims have wider offset then stock metal rims also, so center of gravity improved....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's not heavier rims la. Heavier rims just increase momentum and makes braking goddamn scary. Oh and kills acceleration for small engine cars.

And your friends Viva changed to larger and wider Vios wheels, sure la planted. Hell, My myvi 175/60/14 change to 185/60/14 already got difference lor. But tyres in these range are kinda limited. CS1 just does not grip as much as RSR. :biggrin:

Screw high profile tyres. LONG LIVE LOW PROFILE!

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
It's not heavier rims la. Heavier rims just increase momentum and makes braking goddamn scary. Oh and kills acceleration for small engine cars.

And your friends Viva changed to larger and wider Vios wheels, sure la planted. Hell, My myvi 175/60/14 change to 185/60/14 already got difference lor. But tyres in these range are kinda limited. CS1 just does not grip as much as RSR. :biggrin:

I want to hear you say it when you are 50. :laugh:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I'm using 185/60/14 in Wira also. But haven't tried before any other Wira in stock tyre size. Does it make much of a difference compared to stock? If there is, in what way?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm using 185/60/14 in Wira also. But haven't tried before any other Wira in stock tyre size. Does it make much of a difference compared to stock? If there is, in what way?
175 and 185 got difference in the Myvi, Wira I dunno. Slightly wider track can hold on longer before giving way to 175. But then again it might be the tyre brand and quality itself now that you mention it.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Is 175/65R14 original size not 175/60R14....:biggrin:

CS1, you mean CD2.....you getting confused yourself....hahahaa:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I want to hear you say it when you are 50. :laugh:
I am running 45 series even lower then bro. Izso 50 series.....:driver::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Wira 1.5 original is 175/70R13, if change to 185/60R14 sure traction & handling will improve. Wider for traction and grip, lower profile for handling, even if same tyre brand....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
175 and 185 got difference in the Myvi, Wira I dunno. Slightly wider track can hold on longer before giving way to 175. But then again it might be the tyre brand and quality itself now that you mention it.
Even 10mm also can feel the difference. I still need to learn more about tyres.

Yours bigger and wider, ass shorter also :biggrin:
You mean his car or tyres?

Is 175/65R14 original size not 175/60R14....:biggrin:

CS1, you mean CD2.....you getting confused yourself....hahahaa:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I am running 45 series even lower then bro. Izso 50 series.....:driver::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Wira 1.5 original is 175/70R13, if change to 185/60R14 sure traction & handling will improve. Wider for traction and grip, lower profile for handling, even if same tyre brand....:driver:
Now i feel grateful that the tyres have been changed

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

You mean his car or tyres?
If change to performance model tyres, the handling and traction will even be better.

Bro. Sc will get shot for that.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
To be honest on normal driving and even most 'spirited' driving cases, you won't really be able to tell the difference in with 10mm. But once you find a corner you're really familiar with and whack the crap out of it, that 10mm will come into play. Just today on my favorite stretchy windy road I grew some balls and pushed the car harder than my normal speed of 90km/h. Now I'm going at 100k/h and the car isn't even sweating (except for things in the boot flying around). The newfound grip in these RSRs is bloody amazing. I haven't managed to reach the limit of grip for these tyres. Even in Sepang it only started to complain after 6 laps. Maybe by then it was already overheated. Gotta really push it to feel the small differences

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
To be honest on normal driving and even most 'spirited' driving cases, you won't really be able to tell the difference in with 10mm. But once you find a corner you're really familiar with and whack the crap out of it, that 10mm will come into play. Just today on my favorite stretchy windy road I grew some balls and pushed the car harder than my normal speed of 90km/h. Now I'm going at 100k/h and the car isn't even sweating (except for things in the boot flying around). The newfound grip in these RSRs is bloody amazing. I haven't managed to reach the limit of grip for these tyres. Even in Sepang it only started to complain after 6 laps. Maybe by then it was already overheated. Gotta really push it to feel the small differences
How much thread left?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Should have checked the air pressure then go in again.....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Since I started driving the car, it is already using 185/60/14. Never tried any with the stock 175/70 size before so I can't tell how much the handling has improved. Besides, mine is also equipped with a strut bar and that sub frame reinforcement bar if I am not mistaken. I'll attach a pic below, not too sure what is this thing called.

Attachments

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Since I started driving the car, it is already using 185/60/14. Never tried any with the stock 175/70 size before so I can't tell how much the handling has improved. Besides, mine is also equipped with a strut bar and that sub frame reinforcement bar if I am not mistaken. I'll attach a pic below, not too sure what is this thing called.

Hmmm, I don't see any strut bar. I saw the reinforcement bar tho. Some say it is useless, take it off and lose weight!

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Oh! you were the air man that day?:biggrin:

Izso didn't ask for my help. I helped with Johnson though haha

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hmmm, I don't see any strut bar. I saw the reinforcement bar tho. Some say it is useless, take it off and lose weight!
I din't put pic of the strut bar. I just want to know what this rear bar is called. Reinforcement bar is it?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I didn't call for Stupidcars help that day cuz I asked him to ride shotgun mah. Mana tau he disappear and next thing I knew it rained.

Renesis : that bar is called... er.... lower arm bar. Since you have it, leave it. It's not beneficial in any way though. You'd do better with a rear ARB

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I didn't call for Stupidcars help that day cuz I asked him to ride shotgun mah. Mana tau he disappear and next thing I knew it rained.

Renesis : that bar is called... er.... lower arm bar. Since you have it, leave it. It's not beneficial in any way though. You'd do better with a rear ARB
That bar tells you it is a wira.....hahahahahhaha:biggrin: