Myvi 1.3 Ezi lagi best: Where you usually install the DRL?

scoutfai

Nov 3, 2013
Referring to this Myvi type:

Usually which location at the front will you install the DRL?
Unlike the Myvi 1.3 SE which has the Myvi 1.5 SE front bumper, Myvi1.3 SE can easily choose to install it at top or bottom of the foglamp. The design of the foglamp cover of Myvi 1.3 SE just make a DRL installed there nicely fit to the existing front bumper.
But for Myvi 1.3 Ezi does not enjoy this advantage. I have seen ppl install it on the far side end of the lower black grill, but I personally feel not my preference (of course is a subjective matter). Curious to know other Myvi 1.3 Ezi owner where you usually install it.

Other installation locations that I have seen on the street before are:

1) Around the upper headlamp perimeter

2) On the upper front grill.
3) On the lower front grill.

4) Installed inside the side mirror turn signal lamp.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Own preference brah, but I got a suggestion. Install at the lips just below the fog lamp. But you gonna cut a hole first

scoutfai

Nov 3, 2013
Own preference brah, but I got a suggestion. Install at the lips just below the fog lamp. But you gonna cut a hole first
Yes, couldn't agree more it is completely personal preference. Just curious and survey see got other creative location thought out by other owner.

Do you mean at the red square I circle at the following picture?

If that is the case then this is quite big "sacrifice". Hope no need drill holes on painted part. Having it so close to foglamp, I think if go with this suggestion, probably will more willing to go with foglamp ring LED or CCFL. Saw some ppl did it. But it seems like the ring light strength degrade very fast, same car few months later I already see the light dim at one side.

I was once have an idea to install it at the green square location at the picture above.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Certain cars just dont look good with DRLs :biggrin:

scoutfai

Nov 3, 2013
no need to install :biggrin:
kena ada semangat DIY. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Scouting kah? haha
Surveying what creativity other owner has.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Certain cars just dont look good with DRLs :biggrin:
Agree, since at the beginning of styling such lighting element is not put into consideration by the designer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what would be your choice?an original but used and old bucket seat, or brand new thailand or taiwan made replica bucket seat. will the used original seat be good after refurbished, or straight away use brand new ones, but not original. please give comments, thanks!!!:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience