Myvi 1.3 bolt on turbo auto swap to yrv manual gearbox

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Currently have done and is not a direct installion.
So far currently facing an issue with the speedometer. Previously my myvi autogearbox has a speed sensor and the speedometer gets the speed reading from there. But on yrv the speedometer gets its reading from the abs sensor and sadly I just realized my car has no abs to begin with. My mechanic tried to insert a speedometer sensor in the yrv gearbox but no luck as the ecu is still an auto ecu.

Left with few choices
1. Change to a manual ecu but possibly might need to retune the engine(e manage) as a manual ecu has a different map and since I dyno on the auto ecu already I wouldn't want to do it again since its merely a transmission swap.

2. After market speedometer.

So does anyone have any other suggestions and does a manual myvi ecu has a different engine map or is it the same?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Since this is a mechanical issue, there's no way around it unless you swap out the hardware to make it compatible. I haven't heard of any adaptors that'll suite your requirements for the speedo. I guess the easiest fix would be to get an aftermarket one. Pivot digital meters!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just got my car a new paint. Very shinny now. Do I still need to wax it so that it can has one layer of extra protection? Paint shop say no need wo. What do you think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience