bucket seat dilemma

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
what would be your choice?an original but used and old bucket seat, or brand new thailand or taiwan made replica bucket seat. will the used original seat be good after refurbished, or straight away use brand new ones, but not original. please give comments, thanks!!!:wavey:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
my choice would be...(in order)

used ori recaros...
sscus brand new
replicas.

alot of used seats out there doesnt even need any refurbishing... alot of them can just direct install in the car. at most... mebbe cleanup abit... it just depends on the unit u buy.

even so.... refurbishing will not only rewrap the seat... but the sponge will also be worked over to make it better.

n then theres also the safety aspect of ori seats.

i was in the same dilemma as u last time... used type r recaro or brand new bride low max replica... got me the recaros and never regretted.

as for sscus... i have a pair which was installed in my ex-kelisa... very bang for buck... awesome seats imho... i sold the kelisa but still keep the seats... planning on installing them in my wife's car... coz my wife also loves them sscus..but she still prefers the recaros though ahahahahha

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
last time, wen i wan to buy faith bride....some one advice not to use....coz....got xperience.....wen accident......te faith bucket seat hook will easily broken....so....theres no safety....finally listen to so many advice.....decided to buy old JDM....sport car bucket seat.....Takut Leh..:s:

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Haha mADmAN,

I went through the same situation before. I have a budget less than RM1.8k, its either a pair of half cut Recaros or Bride replicas because they cost the same on market. After weeks asking reviews and comments from people, have a try at all Bride seats, I ditch the plan to get the Bride Replica and opt for a pair of Recaros. The reason being is that replica tend to break or snap at the mounting/back frame! imagine if one were doing a drift or touge run!

Anyway, I bought pair of SR3 black Recaros (from Honda DC2 Integra), about RM1,600.00 (without seat railing) for my previous car and love every minute on it. It was a bit awkward at first with the seat positioning is much lower than your original stock but after awhile you'll get used to it.

The comfort level is way higher than my original seat and perhaps, better than the Low Max replicas. The biggest win for me was the fact that even my wife fell in love with the Recaros as well! :rofl:

TS, if you ask me, get the Recaros. Even if its old & worn, there's always option to re-wrap it (H-Performance shop offers rewrap of seat If Im not wrong). The railing, if you use different from Honda, might cost you around RM300-RM400 for a pair. I did my custom railing from SSCUS. Kena RM350. Oh another plus side from having the gorgeous Recaros on your car is that the seat is still have a high resale value.

My advice, take your time in scouting and looking for it. Google for pics & info so you wont be cheated in the future.

Good luck!

Last edited:

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Please do not get replica seats. Your life depends on the seats and the frame they are on. If it breaks you break. Imagine fiberglass at the back of neck or back.

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
Finally, i bought my Bride semi bucket seat, it is old model, Brix, at least i know it is original, i dare not gamble with replica ones. got it rewraped and change the centre bride cloth to new ones. Enjoy.. tmr will get it to be installed, along with the 4 point bride seatbelt,haha!

Attachments

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
congrats....

but errr... 4 point bride seatbelts??? got such a thing ah?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
me just use modified/recond semi bucket....rm 500/pair+rear seats set for another rm 400

both was refurbished and re-wrapped with front seats become semi-bucket seat....

all the railing and bracket came from previous trade-in seats and most important means it was factory railing....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Bro, is all the railings in the car universally sized?

not really...but proton mostly same railing as mitsubishi

while perodua with toyota a bit (not all)

but because the shop i went last time got many stock for common cars...so not really a problem to find one that suits...but the shop was in melaka-cheng or malim like that....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Another GTR crashes on Jalan Ampang. This time, it's said to be a Bangladeshi car jockey who probably thought the GTR's really fail proof. Sad to say, it's not exactly dummy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience