My Snail Rebuild Integra DB8

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
U can bring the seat to seat shop n custom the railing....usually ard 100 per rail..or u could probably buy the sscus rails oso ok....dun bother abt the recaro rails..itll cost u abt 6xx a pair. Plus, i heard that the rails that come with the type r seats r not really recaro rails but from honda themselves

Not sure if ur db8 stock rails can be bolted to the recaros (doubt it) but in terms of the hole on the floor alignment...eg,db,dc are the same...mebbe thats what they meant.

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

U can bring the seat to seat shop n custom the railing....usually ard 100 per rail..or u could probably buy the sscus rails oso ok....dun bother abt the recaro rails..itll cost u abt 6xx a pair. Plus, i heard that the rails that come with the type r seats r not really recaro rails but from honda themselves

Not sure if ur db8 stock rails can be bolted to the recaros (doubt it) but in terms of the hole on the floor alignment...eg,db,dc are the same...mebbe thats what they meant.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Do you think getting this is a good idea? Will it suit my car? It's not sporty but its cheaper and newer.

Honda DC5 integra type s bucket seat - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Johore - Mudah.my

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

If only I had seen this earlier, I could have stopped by on my way back to my hometown the other day.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Do you think getting this is a good idea? Will it suit my car? It's not sporty but its cheaper and newer.

Honda DC5 integra type s bucket seat - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Johore - Mudah.my
1.5k for those?? no..not a good idea... 1.7k can get u DC2-R SR3 Recaros in very good condition...and they directly bolt into ur car....dont even need to worry about brackets, railings etc...

if ur coming to KL/shah alam anytime soon ill bring u to my friends place and u can choose which one u want (its in shah alam n opens at night around 10 or 11pm

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
SR3 Recaros are red ones right?

How much is it for a good conditioned black DC2R Recaros?

By any chance, do they also have the rear DB8 black seats?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
SR3 Recaros are red ones right?

How much is it for a good conditioned black DC2R Recaros?

By any chance, do they also have the rear DB8 black seats?

it's around rm200 more than the dc5 type s seats u posted..very agree with madman, rm1.5k really not worth buying at all, better get the dc2's recaro..

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/interior-and-cockpit/407598-recaro-dc2-black-for-sale.html

Seat RECARO DC2 EK9 Type R - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

Seat RECARO SR3 Type R ek9 -DC 2 - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kedah - Mudah.my

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
1500 u can buy a pair of NEW SSCUS seat lo... then send ur rear for re-wrap to same fabric...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
SR3 is the recaros used in DC2 & EK9. be it red or black.

afaik they dont have the DB8 seats... u can always source the seats elsewhere...

avantech selling the DC2 rear seats for rm150/....dunno can fit DB8 or not

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Ok last upgrade was adjustable absorbers and front brakes.

I was actually thinking of changing my brakes from the DC2R to something better. Asked about Nissan and also a Mitsubishi brakes. But it won't clear because of my rim offset. So, my mechanic recommended the BB4 brakes.

Needed to change this...

and hope for better braking

The work begins

Old DC2R 96 spec brakes

Wish I could use something like this

But too expensive, no money...

Then, I was just asking my mechanic about the Energy Bushings. He turned and asked why do you want to change your bushings? I knew what he had in his mind at that time.

He asked to just change the absorbers. He said mine is like a boat at corners and too soft. Adjustable absorber was in my list but I wanted to save up more and do it at a later time. But as usual, cannot wait to change, I decided to upgrade it.

My old stock DC2R absorber..

Had to go.

It had to go not only because of handling but because of this too...

4 fingers, that was the gap

See what I mean?

Good bye old absorbers
BC Racing (Not Brian Crower, lol... it's Bor Chuann) BR type

Front spring rate:10kg
Rear spring rate: 6kg

Front, done..

Looking good..

Can't wait to try..

Now time for the rear absorbers

Rear absrober

Did I mention, I am using the EK absorbers. So, I needed to change the rear lower arms as well. Decided to go this way more for the bling factor.

Opted for the fake ones. The price difference was really too big.. couldn't afford the original ones. So, gave this a try.

Plus, the colour matches my ride

Haha... making myself feel good about using fake stuff

Anyway, I had to leave for work. So, couldn't take any more pics.

When I came back..
Everything was done. Ready to go!!

Remember this?

My new BB4 brakes with Ferodo Max, Changed my rear brake pads also.

remember this?

now this

Just joking, now only 1 1/2 finger

That's all for now.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
holy shit.....advan RG has THAT much caliper clearance ah??? urs is 15" right?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Hahaha. Nope. Mine's 16. The caliper is almost touching the rim already. Don't know if can fit the Nissan 4 pot or not. This rim offset quite high +42 iirc.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
damn...no wonder la i see between caliper and im so much space... hahahhaah

+42 dun think can fit the nissan caliper.. coz stock nissan rim oso +38 iirc

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I paid close to RM5000 that day. Can't recall the exact amount. This includes the coilovers, rear lower arm, brake discs, brake pads, skimming of discs, installation and all.

Yes, I think Bor Chuaan is different than the Brian Crower.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

But they do have BC in the UK as well.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Long time no updates, been busy.

I just started some work. Mainly to prepare my car for an important occasion. Changed the exhaust. Got bored with my quiet exhaust before this. Gonna respray my rim to either 2k black or flat black. Respray my calipers.

I have something in my mind for my calipers. Thinking of getting the word 'INTEGRA' on it. I have custom made the stickers and all. I have to options do what Chip Foose usually does on car bodies. Spray, tap it, then spray with another colour. So in my case, spray the colour i want the word to be, stick the Integra wording. Then respray with the colour of the calipers. Then peel of the stickers and then lacquer.

OR the sticker guy told me that i can even stick the wording after spraying. And then lacquer. He says that once lacquered, the stcker wont peel off. It's like it will "balut" the sticker together with the caliper.

True? Any other ideas on how should I do it?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Rims, calipers and rotors sent for spraying. Hope everything works as planned. Pics to come soon.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
when is the spraying supposed to be done?

did u send the rim to get sprayed at a car spraying shop?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Okay, we all know boring and stroking can add extra capacity to our engines.

One famous kit is the stroker kit. We know just by boring the engine alone we cannot increase much in cc, as the space between cylinders just isnt enough.

On the other hand, if we stroke it, we make the engine a longer stroke engine, therefore at times killing revving capabilities. Engine rebore, however, delays response.

I wanna ask your professional oppinions on this matter.
Is it really worth stroking up the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience