My 4G93 SERIOUS Tappet Sound, Hydraulic lifter changed . Same Result

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
i see, just that i read that the stock tappets have a design flaw so am wondering if the aftermarket ones will silent the noise. yep my engine is pretty much stock as of now
Didn't know the factory tappets actually have a design flaw. All this while I thought of the tappet noise to be Mitsubishi's signature. Got kind of used to it after using 4G93 for a few years before converting to 4G93T. Both have the same tappet sound.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Didn't know the factory tappets actually have a design flaw. All this while I thought of the tappet noise to be Mitsubishi's signature. Got kind of used to it after using 4G93 for a few years before converting to 4G93T. Both have the same tappet sound.
Sound always there? Mine comes and goes, sometimes have, sometimes no sound......lol:biggrin:

Rahman77R

Known Member
Oct 16, 2011
Petaling Jaya
Sound always there? Mine comes and goes, sometimes have, sometimes no sound......lol:biggrin:
Last time my mechanic will always ask me the same question every time when I send my car for service. "Do you want to change the tappet?". Guess he was trying to convince me not to sell my Satria at that time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Which shop in KL/PJ area uses Meguiars products only ? I remember reading a thread a while back but i cant find it now..

Details are appreciated...

Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience