Jun 6, 2007
problem solve . tq

Problem solved ,thank you .

Last edited:

N E O

Known Member
Mar 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i think it is a common problem for 4g93.
my car is also having the same case.
higher the rpm, louder the sound.
planning to change all my hydraulic lifters soon to see if it can settle the problem.

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
I have changed those hydraulic lifters 5 years ago @ RM70 apiece, after changing it the clattering stopped, now after 5 years it only clatters during cold morning start up, after that it is ok.

If u don't mind me asking when u changed your lifters, were they new or 2nd hand?

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
bro try checking oil pump.. liffters? or main bearing?.. try checking wit workshop that used wit 4g engine..

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
had my putra also with serious tappet sound like motorboat.
the 4g93 engine has this design problem on their tappets, even after u changed to new it;ll be back only how severe, better to use/stick a type of oil not frm fully to mineral vice versa

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
Neo,

cant solve it as its a design issue ,only need to stick to the engine oil change n better not switch frm fully synthetics to mineral etc. even some of us change the tappet later also i comes back. just have to get use to the sound but it doesnt affect the performance

N E O

Known Member
Mar 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
does it has any adverse effect on the engine?
cause mine can only be heard during high rpm and i am afraid to floor the pedal hearing the sounds. :vollkommenauf:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
nope it wont have any issues as theres some oil trap at the tappets thts all.
the functions still remains.
no worries used it way 160k km also no prob .
btw wat car is urs Neo?

N E O

Known Member
Mar 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
previously a satria neo, hence the name.
now a satria gti.
my car now is in a headache state.
during high rpm, it is making tappet sounds and serious knocking.
retarded my ignition timing a few times, problem still persisted. :banghead:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
u are lucky at high rpm only got noise, mine had it even at idling and its damn loud

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
hello there anyone got rid of the problem? my satria was going through the same problem too even after changing to FS engine oil. had an incident yesterday where my valve spring and lifters broke, what are your reviews on the revised aftermarket parts like Elgin and Dura Tech? or should i stick to stock? 4G93 NA here :itsme:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
i think most of us just try dumping in better (or thicker) oil or additives.... then just live with it.... my car sounds like its partially a diesel while idling

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Elgin and Duratech are pretty popular aftermarket brands. No harm going that direction but they are considerably more expensive than stock right? Got budget go for Duratech. No money go with stock. Your car is stock right?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have with us a 1 day old Honda HR-V. This round, we are at Malacca, the historical state of Malaysia. Not wasting any time, lets start with the process.

Upon arrival, we did our usual walk around the car to spot any visible damages...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience