My 20V SVT idle sucks, need help...

shizilki

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
terengganu
shizilki: I think maybe just change the throttle body with another one. Might help resolve your issue if you cant find anyone to set it properly. If can, try to post up a video of you engine RPM when starting up until idling.
ok, i'll try to post the vidoe later on

to FGT, port n polish for my car done at balakong, there's a Sabahan mechanic there

Thank guys for the help

shizilki

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
terengganu
guys thanks 4 the info especially to levin818 aka wong who really2 helped me tackle the problem here in kerteh :biggrin: the main problem was the distributor spoiled already. the rest was dirty throttle body n ISCV which levin818 helped me to clean it. he adjusted the TPS n throttle opener. the result was...better idling n better response.
again thanks guys n levin818 for the DIY stuff tutorial. u have my gratitude
"live long n prosper":driver:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
From Shah alam all the way to Kerteh.... haha
For optimum result, you may want to completely strip down your 4-throttle for a good cleaning job.

ee90kl

Known Member
Sep 3, 2006
bro,my svt when cold start,rpm din goes up,it around 800rpm.if i press d pedal abit,d rpm wil become unstable,goes up n down between 400 n 800,it feel like wan 2 die out.
But if i leave it warm up itself,after few mins,everything is ok n idle stable.
Juz face tis prob recently,b4 tat when cold start,rpm wil goes up to 1200.
Wats d prob?
Tq

et_box

500 RPM
Aug 27, 2006
Same problem. During cold starts the rpm is normal. Once i press the accelerator, the rpm drops and i have to press harder to compensate.

The engine feels like dying until when it has warmed up sufficiently, it becomes normal.

So strange... wonder what is wrong... Car also feels a bit underpowered too..

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Idling problem at cold start - clean your ISCV + 4-throttle
Underpower - check your TPS & Timing's setting

Last edited:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
What is function of the screw at AFM? I remember last time when idle suck during aircon on, the foreman re-wired aircon vsv (maybe the vsv did not switch on). After wiring done the idle still suck the he adjust the screw at afm. SO what actually the screw use for? Some said do not touch the screw.

Attachments

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
What is function of the screw at AFM? I remember last time when idle suck during aircon on, the foreman re-wired aircon vsv (maybe the vsv did not switch on). After wiring done the idle still suck the he adjust the screw at afm. SO what actually the screw use for? Some said do not touch the screw.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Last edited:

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
hi to everyone bro,
i'm newbie for this forum, need u all to help, because my levin bzr spoiler brake lamp suddenly malfunction. shall u all having this issue before? besides that, now i also facing shortage about the wire socket for the crystal white sides corner and also the wire socket for the small lamp.may i know where i can buy these item?(wire socket, and brake lamp levin BZR)

LevinTE27

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

The screw on top of AFM is the bypass valve from afm flapper ... it would help to slightly adjust the idle fuel mixture

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
So it is for air fuel ratio tune right?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
It decides how much air bypass the AFM flap before go into the engine (not read by the ECU) so will have some effect on the A/F if you adjust it.
Some sifu here have tried to mess with it but ended up no significant result.
Any how it is for emission (CO) adjustment only NOT for other purpose.