4age20v svt with e manage

seg 7138

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
hi, friend.....now i just starts play e- manage with my svt.. have any sifu help me?? bcos i lean to tunning myself....hehe...

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
hi, friend.....now i just starts play e- manage with my svt.. have any sifu help me?? bcos i lean to tunning myself....hehe...
Mind to tell us the phrase "lean to tune" is what mean? :hmmmm: I bet you miss typing kua.. Learn to tune, isn't it?

If want to self tune, 1st step & important step is you need to have at least a wide band O2...

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Mind to tell us the phrase "lean to tune" is what mean? :hmmmm: I bet you miss typing kua.. Learn to tune, isn't it?

If want to self tune, 1st step & important step is you need to have at least a wide band O2...

Not necessary to have Wideband sensor to tune it if you know the trick and have enough experience.

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
Not necessary to have Wideband sensor to tune it if you know the trick and have enough experience.
Well.. Mind to share your experience? I heard that you can self tune & made the map for the standalone ECU as well... So yours experience will be useful for us, if you manage to share with us. Anyway... me kinda noob in tuning.... Every time got to find tuner for solve it.

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
Well.. Mind to share your experience? I heard that you can self tune & made the map for the standalone ECU as well... So yours experience will be useful for us, if you manage to share with us. Anyway... me kinda noob in tuning.... Every time got to find tuner for solve it.
You got to have something to tune then only you can learn to tune. Mind to tell what is engine management that you're using? I'm seriously curious to know. Sound like you do have advance engine management. Every time got to find tuner to tune? why? Engine management setting won't reset itself and it's not necessary to tune it all the time.
As long as you got it right, that it.

Last edited:

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
You got to have something to tune then only you can learn to tune. Mind to tell what is engine management that you're using? I'm seriously curious to know. Sound like you do have advance engine management. Every time got to find tuner to tune? why? Engine management setting won't reset itself and it's not necessary to tune it all the time.
As long as you got it right, that it.
bro.. please don't run away from other people topic le..
Anyway, I didn't mean go to tuning every time... I mean if i done anything on engine, then want to up a bit... then this time only i go to find tuner (example change Turbo, injector and etc)... Beside, means that I don't know how to setting ma.

So please let's discuss in this topic back... I hopefully you may teach us some trick in tuning field. Thanks

Last edited:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
what would u like to knw about e manage blue? i can share u some simple tricks wid e manage blue.. frankly speaking its a very simple device. and do not have much parameters to play with. you could pm me ur email and i can email u a copy of what i get frm my friend.

and u do need a wide band if you would like to be accurate. else u can use those narrow band autometer thingy. at least better than none....

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
what would u like to knw about e manage blue? i can share u some simple tricks wid e manage blue.. frankly speaking its a very simple device. and do not have much parameters to play with. you could pm me ur email and i can email u a copy of what i get frm my friend.

and u do need a wide band if you would like to be accurate. else u can use those narrow band autometer thingy. at least better than none....
1 of our bro here said no need to use wide band also can be tune properly wo... So i think we better wait he to guide us depend on experience that he got le :listen:

bro EG9, please teach us le... :adore:

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
bro.. please don't run away from other people topic le..
Anyway, I didn't mean go to tuning every time... I mean if i done anything on engine, then want to up a bit... then this time only i go to find tuner (example change Turbo, injector and etc)... Beside, means that I don't know how to setting ma.

So please let's discuss in this topic back... I hopefully you may teach us some trick in tuning field. Thanks

RUN FROM TOPIC??? No, I never....the reason I ask you those question because it's related. Why ? can't share with us what you have in ur car? or it's "invisable" tunable stuff that sit in your car and can't let other ppl see?
You need to have something tunable before you can tune, you can't tune stock ECU. You don't even know what is in your car, how are you going to tune it? (Turbo Change, Injectors?...up abit? up what????)
You don't even specify what car that you're driving, with what engine and manage by what ECU, how do you expect me to to know?
Nobody going to say anything if you don't know how to tune, but at least specify what is you running on and what is the tuning problem that you're facing?
Then we have problem to solve here. I'm more then happy to share if someone is serious and dealing with serious tuning matter. I like to solve problem but not just talking without any direction.

Bump:
1 of our bro here said no need to use wide band also can be tune properly wo... So i think we better wait he to guide us depend on experience that he got le :listen:

bro EG9, please teach us le... :adore:
You don't need to use wideband for piggy back tuning because you're not dealing with new fuel mapping creation which the value is far away from the narrow band able to read.
You're still playing within the narrow band value which can be read through narrow band indicator that can be tap on you O2 sensor.

it's piggy back, very simple devide to add or substract the fuel value. It's as simple as that.
The real HP and torque generation is not from there.

Last edited:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Yup e-manage is easy to tune, very straight forward but the tuning process is quite time consuming and subject to user's preference. Anyways, I'm kinda new in this area but as long as you don't touch the airflow/injector map, you don't actually need a wideband 02 controller. Can always check the plug leads (color) after each tune to see if its rich/lean.

In fact, I read that tuning the airflow map is not going to bring up any more HP. The key to power, it seems, lies on the ignition map. Nevertheless, airflow & acceleration map does help to improve response a bit (light throttle feeling).

Anyways, back to the topic. E-manage blue with 20V SVT should gain about 8-10hp if done properly and you'll need the ignition harness. If anyone here have their 20V running with e-manage, please do share you map with us. :wavey:

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
good discussion. just hope somebody dun keep on shooting his own feet. sometimes less is more.

sorry ar offtopic..hahaha..i know nuts about ECU tuning. juz used before TRD for AFM and Buddy club for MAP. both juz toggling the preset map...hehe

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
good discussion. just hope somebody dun keep on shooting his own feet. sometimes less is more.

sorry ar offtopic..hahaha..i know nuts about ECU tuning. juz used before TRD for AFM and Buddy club for MAP. both juz toggling the preset map...hehe
Good point there. but too bad, someone is prefer to shout around pointlessly.

To topic starter, it's advisable for you to plug in the serial connection from your e-manage to your notebook and get the e-manage software to online. Take a look at the fuel and ignition mapping adjustment. then let us know what do you want to tune, you can print screen the value and share with us, we may able to guide you how to do it but of coz you need to know how do you want your engine to behave 1st.
The reason we tune because we have objective to reach such as better ideling, better AFR and ect....

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
Good point there. but too bad, someone is prefer to shout around pointlessly.

To topic starter, it's advisable for you to plug in the serial connection from your e-manage to your notebook and get the e-manage software to online. Take a look at the fuel and ignition mapping adjustment. then let us know what do you want to tune, you can print screen the value and share with us, we may able to guide you how to do it but of coz you need to know how do you want your engine to behave 1st.
The reason we tune because we have objective to reach such as better ideling, better AFR and ect....
correct correct,only share inputs and knowledge if any.. bro eg9, got a noob question to ask, when u say e manage can improve response n idling on svt, what about bt? coz my mechanic argue that map is easier to tune than afm, but i think the other wise, but based on general knowledge, coz what i know is svt comes with loads of performance parts (especially management and ecu) while bt has very little, mind to share more? izzit due to the ligthened internal of bt that it can't go hi rev compared with svt, or simple fact that svt runs on afm hence easier to tune?

Last edited:

seg 7138

Known Member
Oct 13, 2008
hehe...thx to all my sifu....but now i need to know 1st,what is narrow band autometer & wide band? ......1st i will find tuner to install & tuning..afterthat i wish to learn tuning myself. so need help lo...

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
RUN FROM TOPIC??? No, I never....the reason I ask you those question because it's related. Why ? can't share with us what you have in ur car? or it's "invisable" tunable stuff that sit in your car and can't let other ppl see?
You need to have something tunable before you can tune, you can't tune stock ECU. You don't even know what is in your car, how are you going to tune it? (Turbo Change, Injectors?...up abit? up what????)
You don't even specify what car that you're driving, with what engine and manage by what ECU, how do you expect me to to know?
Nobody going to say anything if you don't know how to tune, but at least specify what is you running on and what is the tuning problem that you're facing?
Then we have problem to solve here. I'm more then happy to share if someone is serious and dealing with serious tuning matter. I like to solve problem but not just talking without any direction.

Yes, you did.. You didn't answer to the person who question up but instead of keep questioning me back. No mention? Yes, I do use the SAFC 2 only. I know the stock ECU definitely cannot be tune la. Why i need to mention to you? Since i not asking you how to tune my car!

Anyway... since you state "You don't even know what is in your car, how are you going to tune it? (Turbo Change, Injectors?...up abit? up what?????)"... So now see how u gonna tune it.

My engine spec:
Block - 4AGE 16v - 140ps
Piston - 82.00 mm - lo com
Bearing - King Race Bearing
Rod - BC con rod
Crank - stock supercharge
Turbo - HKS Garrett 2530
Injector - 510 cc
Intercooler - Custom
Cam - TRD 272 in and ex - Lift 7.5 - Ex. 98° BTDC. In. 102° ATDC
Spring valve - HKS
Valve - 32mm intake and 27.5mm exhaust
Map sensor - supercharge
Fuel Pump - SARD 280 lph

My now SAFC setting is:
1000 rpm - -10%
1600 rpm - -8%
2200 rpm - -5%
2800 rpm - +2%
3400 rpm - +5%
4000 rpm - +10%
4600 rpm - +12%
5200 rpm - +12%
5800 rpm - +10%
6400 rpm - +11%
7000 rpm - +13%
7600 rpm - +14%
8200 rpm - +14%

Anyway I know Narrow band can be use too... But why i said need wide band is because you can tune for more power, closer to the edge, precisely monitoring Air/Fuel ratio Boost, EGT, RPM and throttle position datalogging

Bump:
hehe...thx to all my sifu....but now i need to know 1st,what is narrow band autometer & wide band? ......1st i will find tuner to install & tuning..afterthat i wish to learn tuning myself. so need help lo...
Narrow band is Basic Air fuel meter lo... Got show rich and lean only...
Wide band is Advance Air Fuel meter with showing the exact digit ratio...

Autometer is a brand name...

Anyway please view below link for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air-fuel_ratio_meter

Last edited: