[Question] 4age20v throttle opener

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi all sifu and all fellow forumers.

What is the purpose of this thing and how it work? Coz my observation of my car, when engine on(vacuum applied) the rod will be lowered (move further) from throttle stopper.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
When vacuum is absent, the opener will push the 4 butterfly to open a little bit. This is similar to lightly press on the throttle. So when the moment we start the engine, the rpm surge to 2500rpm.
When vacuum is present (engine started), the vacuum will suck down the opener's rod and the 4 butterfly will be at completely closing position. At this point (idling), the engine breath through ISCV. This explain why after start the engine, the rpm will move down to 800~1000rpm.
So its similar to auto choke, right? :biggrin:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
When vacuum is absent, the opener will push the 4 butterfly to open a little bit. This is similar to lightly press on the throttle. So when the moment we start the engine, the rpm surge to 2500rpm.
When vacuum is present (engine started), the vacuum will suck down the opener's rod and the 4 butterfly will be at completely closing position. At this point (idling), the engine breath through ISCV. This explain why after start the engine, the rpm will move down to 800~1000rpm.
So its similar to auto choke, right? :biggrin:
Becoz of no answer from the others, so you will get an A**.
Keep up good work..:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dogs... Best friend or pest? You decide...

This time's correction was on my own car. Damages done by men's best friend that have been bothering me for a long time. What better time to do it than on a vacant saturday...

Swirls and random deep scratches. Must have had a party on my bonnet.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience