Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah..pick up time i said riding bike... see her still want to go out with my bike or not...

if yes..later she can ride me :driver: :biggrin: :rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
At the end, it depends on what situation one is in then. If for you, would you have one car or two cars?
For me probably better just 1 car coz I don't have space to park more cars now. I can actually get a cheap/crappy car and just park it outside my house but I don't prefer driving such crappy car daily. I want to drive something that at least I enjoy to some extent. To me no point suffering every day looking at and driving something I don't like and only enjoy something I like on the weekend, that can make me stress which in the end does no good whatsoever. So like I mentioned earlier, for me the ideal solution is to have a powerful sedan, so practical enough yet has good performance, and of course I have to like the look of it.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
For me probably better just 1 car coz I don't have space to park more cars now. I can actually get a cheap/crappy car and just park it outside my house but I don't prefer driving such crappy car daily. I want to drive something that at least I enjoy to some extent. To me no point suffering every day looking at and driving something I don't like and only enjoy something I like on the weekend, that can make me stress which in the end does no good whatsoever. So like I mentioned earlier, for me the ideal solution is to have a powerful sedan, so practical enough yet has good performance, and of course I have to like the look of it.
True about your points. To fulfill your requirements, not many cars on the market can perform such role. Some may even require high maintenance costs. I think your method is workable but the owner probably needs to spend more money compared to having the performance car as a non daily car. But then, I think it also depends on which performance car is chosen for daily.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
1 modded car ok laa for daily. Just mild mod to make it for cheerful to drive and can overtake other 'ricer' enough la. No need fancy high cam, etc. Just my 50 cent opinion. :burnout:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
1 modded car ok laa for daily. Just mild mod to make it for cheerful to drive and can overtake other 'ricer' enough la. No need fancy high cam, etc. Just my 50 cent opinion. :burnout:
If is like yours, that is okay. :biggrin:

Heavily modded ones or high performance cars like Supra, RX-7, Skyline and the others in that category probably will be too much for daily even though one can afford to buy the cars.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

Heavily modded ones or high performance cars like Supra, RX-7, Skyline and the others in that category probably will be too much for daily even though one can afford to buy the cars.
Those car you mentioned in stock condition already super powderful. No need extreme mods oredi. Plus, most of the people who can afford these beast are not working 9-5 jobs. #truestorybro

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

That is why in the beginning already mention, what extent of mod? If stock skyline still ok, if mod some more for what unless you track it......lol:rofl:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Well different people have different definition of 'streetable'
As for me, just don't over do it, one knows their car best

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
True about your points. To fulfill your requirements, not many cars on the market can perform such role. Some may even require high maintenance costs. I think your method is workable but the owner probably needs to spend more money compared to having the performance car as a non daily car. But then, I think it also depends on which performance car is chosen for daily.
Actually something in the 200-350hp range is good enough for me, I'm not a pro skillful driver anyway to really exploit that. To me I think a std to mildly modded Evo would be the most hardcore I can still take as a daily, anything beyond that is probably getting too much to tolerate at my uncle age now. If got much money, the CLA/A45 AMG would be great. If still struggling like me now, then Mark X is good enough, at least meet minimum requirement (and not protested by the wife). :biggrin: If I were to go for the weekend car approach, I'd get the Lotus Elise.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That is why in the beginning already mention, what extent of mod? If stock skyline still ok, if mod some more for what unless you track it......lol:rofl:
Some say stock Skyline are a bit restrictive and slow even for Skyline GT-R? Since it is heavy and makes around the same power as Evo and STI. Still, 2.5 litre or 2.6 litre turbo engine still sounds like heavy FC in my opinion.

Actually something in the 200-350hp range is good enough for me, I'm not a pro skillful driver anyway to really exploit that. To me I think a std to mildly modded Evo would be the most hardcore I can still take as a daily, anything beyond that is probably getting too much to tolerate at my uncle age now. If got much money, the CLA/A45 AMG would be great. If still struggling like me now, then Mark X is good enough, at least meet minimum requirement (and not protested by the wife). :biggrin: If I were to go for the weekend car approach, I'd get the Lotus Elise.
I thought Evo's suspension setup is a bit too stiff for daily use? For fetching family, maybe that is not so comfortable? I could be wrong though. If for me, a 200-350hp daily family car would probably be cars like Legacy turbo or Accord Euro R. Not as hardcore as Evo and larger interior space.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Some say stock Skyline are a bit restrictive and slow even for Skyline GT-R? Since it is heavy and makes around the same power as Evo and STI. Still, 2.5 litre or 2.6 litre turbo engine still sounds like heavy FC in my opinion.

I thought Evo's suspension setup is a bit too stiff for daily use? For fetching family, maybe that is not so comfortable? I could be wrong though. If for me, a 200-350hp daily family car would probably be cars like Legacy turbo or Accord Euro R. Not as hardcore as Evo and larger interior space.
My VR at it's peak was 200bhp, which I find more than enoguh for daily use, so if is newer Evo those are at 280bhp should be more than enough.....no need mod for daily loh......hhahahhaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yea hi sifus..

I'm driving a 2001 Satria Auto, and i wanted to change my air filter to open pod with steel ram pipe. However, the potential seller said that my car would probably managed by the infamous siemens ecu and the filter can't be used on my car.. so here i am wondering... my car was bought late 2001, so that'll make it siemens, right? and what if i simply pasang the thing, what'll happen?

Thanks ya friends!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience