• Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my all daily car is modded car... no problem...

mod towards the direction u usually need the car to do...then sure no regret....

like suspension, yes im using coilover, but with softer spring rate to compromise rough road surface, yet bigger antiroll bar to compensate...

no solid bush/mount installed, but my own semi-solid hybrid bush/mount....

and so on so on....

modded car doesnt means u need to follow other people install 8k spring on 700kg car,
lowest ride height as possible,
semi slick tyre yet your travelling road was 99% highways....

each mods need to compliment each other for your smile on your everyday journey....

heck even my fully moded handling dept satria still have stock engine untouched and super silent exhaust.... and it was autobox summore....can do wangan, can do touge, wifey drive it everyday even while she was pregnant on rough kampung road to sum it up
You daily not your bike meh!.......hhahahhahahhahahahah:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the stock boosted oem clutch is already pretty firm compared to oem proton...when im driving perodua it felt like they didnt have any clutch pressure :biggrin: :lol:

its not preventing chassis flex...but any side to side suspension movement is lesser coz left and right connected more rigid...thats why on worst road surface sometimes can feel the harshness...but on normal road its pretty much like any other car...and when sweeping corners ahead, i can start smilling even from distance.... :biggrin:
Seems like it will be tiring to drive these cars during heavy traffic. I've tried before the clutch for H22A SM4 Accord. It is as light as my own Wira 1.5.

So, if I equip ARB even with stock suspension, the differences can be felt during hard cornering?

You daily not your bike meh!.......hhahahhahahhahahahah:driver:
Is it a superbike?

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
my suggestion is to get a cheap daily driver. something that is fuel efficient, reliable and low maintenance.

you save money, headaches + gain some peace of mind (save your annual leave frm spending them in workshops).

the money u save, go get a nice car your can drive on the weekends, take your missus jalan2, tht occasional spirited drive to kuala klawang and tht weekend getaway drive.

daily u drive axia/bezza, weekend drive e92 coupe haha.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
my suggestion is to get a cheap daily driver. something that is fuel efficient, reliable and low maintenance.

you save money, headaches + gain some peace of mind (save your annual leave frm spending them in workshops).

the money u save, go get a nice car your can drive on the weekends, take your missus jalan2, tht occasional spirited drive to kuala klawang and tht weekend getaway drive.

E92 coupe is still reasonable for daily drive I think. Comfortable and shouldn't be very difficult to drive during traffic jam.

Now, I only have a Wira 1.5. I'm thinking that I should just keep this car for long as a daily car instead of selling it away. Aim for a weekend car in future instead of just having one car for daily and also for mods.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Seems like it will be tiring to drive these cars during heavy traffic. I've tried before the clutch for H22A SM4 Accord. It is as light as my own Wira 1.5.

So, if I equip ARB even with stock suspension, the differences can be felt during hard cornering?

Is it a superbike?
My VR clutch also light mah! Using normal Exedy clutch so like normal car drive only. Can use daily, traffic or no traffic....lol

He super on track only, got daily bike also.....hhahhahahhahaha:rofl:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
How did your stock clutch on boosted ride feel? Just as light as ordinary Wira/Saga kind of clutch? If it is, I think that is quite good. 3" exhaust muffler but somehow you manage to keep it quiet. S-flow muffler?
ehh dun compare proton's or perodua's clutches with the rest... (other than the sv thats super light)

i kept my saga for a few months after getting my old junk and wow... every time i switch between the 2 cars i get a shock..... clutch being one of those things i stomped on

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Daily - Myvi
Dating (Pick Up) - R35

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com

On point bro! Got my daily exactly correct but i couldn't afford an E92 yet :bawling:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
My VR clutch also light mah! Using normal Exedy clutch so like normal car drive only. Can use daily, traffic or no traffic....lol

He super on track only, got daily bike also.....hhahhahahhahaha:rofl:
Hope someday I can experience how it feels like. Not driving it, just feeling how does a 4G63T clutch feels like.

ehh dun compare proton's or perodua's clutches with the rest... (other than the sv thats super light)

i kept my saga for a few months after getting my old junk and wow... every time i switch between the 2 cars i get a shock..... clutch being one of those things i stomped on
So, are you saying that Proton and Perodua cars have very light clutch or very stiff? I know last time my old Saga Iswara at home had a very heavy clutch feel. Around 2 times stiffer than standard Wira clutch. After a clutch set replacement, suddenly the clutch feels very light. Lighter than Wira clutch.

Daily - Myvi
Dating (Pick Up) - R35
You are driving R35?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Average income as in like RM5k to 7k a month?

Yes, that is what I meant in my question. I think for the normal daily car, it is better to choose one that costs as less as possible to maintain. Otherwise, the add up costs will be even more than using 1 performance car for daily. I mean for some cars like Evo, I think the petrol bill can reach like over RM1k per month if driven daily. So, if one had another car like Myvi or Axia, then perhaps a lot of money can be saved in long run in terms of fuel costs?

Well I suppose there's no right or wrong answer here. Too many variability that can swing the decision into one or the other. It can depend on how far one travel, what is the traffic conditions regularly encountered, what cars considered (which like I said determine the depreciation and operational costs), how hardcore one is, how much income one has, other commitments, parking space availability, safety, etc2. For one guy can be better to own 2 cars as he has the means to own 2 and ok to drive any cars daily, but for another guy better to own just 1 that gives him enjoyment driving it daily and yet still not hurting him financially or elsewhere.

For example one travels short-medium range daily, with mostly smooth roads and not much jam, has no parking space for 2 cars, then having just 1 car that he likes is the best solution. For another guy, he travels longer thru more jams, no issues driving anything daily even low end cars, and has the means to own 2 cars, then maybe that's the better solution. So no right or wrong here, each is a unique situation with each own suitable solution.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well I suppose there's no right or wrong answer here. Too many variability that can swing the decision into one or the other. It can depend on how far one travel, what is the traffic conditions regularly encountered, what cars considered (which like I said determine the depreciation and operational costs), how hardcore one is, how much income one has, other commitments, parking space availability, safety, etc2. For one guy can be better to own 2 cars as he has the means to own 2 and ok to drive any cars daily, but for another guy better to own just 1 that gives him enjoyment driving it daily and yet still not hurting him financially or elsewhere.

For example one travels short-medium range daily, with mostly smooth roads and not much jam, has no parking space for 2 cars, then having just 1 car that he likes is the best solution. For another guy, he travels longer thru more jams, no issues driving anything daily even low end cars, and has the means to own 2 cars, then maybe that's the better solution. So no right or wrong here, each is a unique situation with each own suitable solution.
At the end, it depends on what situation one is in then. If for you, would you have one car or two cars?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hope someday I can experience how it feels like. Not driving it, just feeling how does a 4G63T clutch feels like.

So, are you saying that Proton and Perodua cars have very light clutch or very stiff? I know last time my old Saga Iswara at home had a very heavy clutch feel. Around 2 times stiffer than standard Wira clutch. After a clutch set replacement, suddenly the clutch feels very light. Lighter than Wira clutch.

You are driving R35?
If fit Race clutch sure heavy loh! Mine in normal clutch since I don't track why suffer.....lol

Probably your saga pressure plate heavy dy. Change it sure light....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
At the end, it depends on what situation one is in then. If for you, would you have one car or two cars?
Did mention before. Does the cost of running a modded car cheaper than owning 2 cars. Remember maintenance will be 2 cars, road tax, insurance etc.....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If fit Race clutch sure heavy loh! Mine in normal clutch since I don't track why suffer.....lol

Probably your saga pressure plate heavy dy. Change it sure light....
Pressure plate can get heavy when it gets old?

Did mention before. Does the cost of running a modded car cheaper than owning 2 cars. Remember maintenance will be 2 cars, road tax, insurance etc.....:smokin:
If the daily car is a normal Wira, I think road tax and insurance is not so expensive. Repair and maintenance cost is also considered as one of the cheapest in Malaysia.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifus,

i wanna lower down my serena C24 by 1.5" - 2", just for the sake of good
looking.
just wanna ask, can i just cut off the original spring? will this affect
the comfordness?.

just when to a workshop...FTS Motor works in Ipoh, the owner himself is a
drag racer, he advice me to just cut off the original spring and he will
modify the absober (shorten it) for me...

thank you very much!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience