Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yes agree, stock Evo is already borderline supercar performance, in fact the cheapest supercar I'd say.
Then perhaps the 500hp mod is a bit too much for daily? Considering that kind of power will affect FC badly as well.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
These days... cars like 328i is considered stupid fast already..even tanks like 528i does 0-100 in 6.3s...apa lagi lu mau..

Yes..subaru impreza sti 2005 is faster at 5.5s... but..

once you chip that 328i..yeehawww! maybe i'm getting old, i want some creature comforts.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
These days... cars like 328i is considered stupid fast already..even tanks like 528i does 0-100 in 6.3s...apa lagi lu mau..

once you chip that 328i..yeehawww! maybe i'm getting old, i want some creature comforts.
comfort monsters also have mah......:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

GDB Impreza STI at 5.5s? I thought they are like under 5s, similar to CT9A series Evo.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
GDB Impreza STI at 5.5s? I thought they are like under 5s, similar to CT9A series Evo.
Dunno man. I don't own one. A V9 spec c would be nice but the prices also very nice.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Dunno man. I don't own one. A V9 spec c would be nice but the prices also very nice.
Even when I googled for the acceleration time, search results varies. But from what I have watched before at Best Motoring, a V9 STI is on par with a Evo IX on drag. Since Evo IX achieves 0-100 in like maybe 4.5 sec or so, V9 STI should also be similar... 5.5s seems a bit far...

Difficult to get V9 Spec C here. Maybe S204 is more common...

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Even when I googled for the acceleration time, search results varies. But from what I have watched before at Best Motoring, a V9 STI is on par with a Evo IX on drag. Since Evo IX achieves 0-100 in like maybe 4.5 sec or so, V9 STI should also be similar... 5.5s seems a bit far...

Difficult to get V9 Spec C here. Maybe S204 is more common...
i miss the sti v8 rumble sound during test drive :love::bawling:

still driving my first car pv6 awaiting evo3 transplant..evo3 WIP overhaul..:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i miss the sti v8 rumble sound during test drive :love::bawling:

still driving my first car pv6 awaiting evo3 transplant..evo3 WIP overhaul..:driver:
Boxer engine sound is always pleasant to hear. Very unique.

Your first car is a Perdana V6? Quite good for a first car.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Midway to 3 series..hahaha..that's why still early to pull trigger on sti

Nope ...used from gov inventory
Midway to 30? I guess that is quite close to my age. I'm 23 now. Remarkable that you can achieve the budget to own a STI at this young age.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Yeah cars keep getting faster and we keep getting older!
Nothing wrong with creature comfort, having a fast comfortable sedan IMHO is the perfect solution for a daily fun car.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeah cars keep getting faster and we keep getting older!
Nothing wrong with creature comfort, having a fast comfortable sedan IMHO is the perfect solution for a daily fun car.
Fast comfortable sedan is getting more common nowadays. It is no longer that much of a compromise between either comfort or performance unlike older days. Now, you can have comfort and performance in the same package.

However, one thing that I felt was compromised in these new cars would be driving purity and engagement. Especially with the decline of manual transmission. They are fast, but probably less engaging to drive. Less work is needed to make the car go fast. But I guess that can be considered as making the car more comfortable.

I get the point that many of these new techs actually made the car go faster and easier to control for most people. But sometimes for car guys like us here, it isn't about specs and figures. Is more about the fun in driving the car and having the ability to have more control yourself.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Midway to 30? I guess that is quite close to my age. I'm 23 now. Remarkable that you can achieve the budget to own a STI at this young age.
Rezeki bro on job..didn't get the car though..due to current economy..i'll play safe..

Anyway heard of race chip for Honda civic 2016?..gain 3x Hp and save fuel..10-15%.. sounded funny though..

Can car save fuel as performance gain.. especially on modern car

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Fast comfortable sedan is getting more common nowadays. It is no longer that much of a compromise between either comfort or performance unlike older days. Now, you can have comfort and performance in the same package.

However, one thing that I felt was compromised in these new cars would be driving purity and engagement. Especially with the decline of manual transmission. They are fast, but probably less engaging to drive. Less work is needed to make the car go fast. But I guess that can be considered as making the car more comfortable.

I get the point that many of these new techs actually made the car go faster and easier to control for most people. But sometimes for car guys like us here, it isn't about specs and figures. Is more about the fun in driving the car and having the ability to have more control yourself.
Not just for more comfort but also in pursuit of more safety, that's why cars nowadays are so complicated with so many different systems. Hence they're more costly to maintain and repair, plus also more expensive to buy. I imagine if my car has a manual 6 speed version, that would be whole lot more fun to drive yet cheaper and easier to maintain. :banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Rezeki bro on job..didn't get the car though..due to current economy..i'll play safe..

Anyway heard of race chip for Honda civic 2016?..gain 3x Hp and save fuel..10-15%.. sounded funny though..

Can car save fuel as performance gain.. especially on modern car
I thought you are still searching for a STI now.

Yeah, I heard about racechip for Civic turbo. It was all over Facebook. Based on what they describe their product, it seems that they are playing around with the ECU settings since no hardware mod is done to the engine itself. Since this is still relatively new, nobody knows whether will such mod have any long term effects or not on the car itself. Especially with the CVT gearbox since they are sensitive to power increment.

Maybe the fuel saving part is something like they changed the torque curve of the car? Gives better torque during lower rpm and the driver doesn't need to press on the pedal too much to make the car go?

Not just for more comfort but also in pursuit of more safety, that's why cars nowadays are so complicated with so many different systems. Hence they're more costly to maintain and repair, plus also more expensive to buy. I imagine if my car has a manual 6 speed version, that would be whole lot more fun to drive yet cheaper and easier to maintain. :banghead:
Very true regarding maintenance and repair. Last time when cars are more mechanical and simple, almost any shop out there can perform basic fixes and maintenance. Parts are easy to remove and install. Today, most of the time the car needs to be send back to service centre where the experts will deal with it. After that, the cost of repair won't come out cheap.

And there is this saying that the more parts a car had, the chances of parts failing is also higher. If let's say a car had a 1% chance of parts failure. Between a car with 100 parts VS a car with 1000 parts, the one with 100 parts will only have 1 part that is broken while the 1000 part will have 10 parts.

Manual gearbox is not totally obsolete yet in new cars but in most markets, they are gone. I see many new cars that is newly released still comes with a manual gearbox, but mostly for European market or USA market. In fact, the latest generation Subaru WRX (VAG chassis), is only available in CVT on its home market Japan while other places gets a 6 speed manual. Unfortunate that the new FA20DIT engine can't be paired with a manual gearbox in Japan. I heard the engine is more fuel efficient than the older EJ boxer engine and yet able to produce similar output of 300hp.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I thought you are still searching for a STI now.

Yeah, I heard about racechip for Civic turbo. It was all over Facebook. Based on what they describe their product, it seems that they are playing around with the ECU settings since no hardware mod is done to the engine itself. Since this is still relatively new, nobody knows whether will such mod have any long term effects or not on the car itself. Especially with the CVT gearbox since they are sensitive to power increment.

Maybe the fuel saving part is something like they changed the torque curve of the car? Gives better torque during lower rpm and the driver doesn't need to press on the pedal too much to make the car go? .
Nope..since the sti that I'm eyeing for has sold ...and haven't found a good one..I change plan..manage to secure evo3 for pv6..:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope..since the sti that I'm eyeing for has sold ...and haven't found a good one..I change plan..manage to secure evo3 for pv6..:driver:
I see. You should have waited. Occasionally there are good condition Ver 8 or Ver 9 STI appearing for sale either at mudah or at marketplace over here. I think for those older than Ver 8, they are quite rare, especially a good condition one.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I had some questions here, I heard from most exhaust shop, which tell me auto car must maintain certain level back pressure(flow velocity).
But some says auto tranny need as much back pressure as possible to get the best fc and pick up:hmmmm:??

My current exhaust set up was
4-2-1 - 1.6(piping) - 2.0 inlet straight flow long type muffler - 1.75 straight flow ( hotbits ).

The reason I using straight flow, because when I was asking the open pod method with speedwork, they ask me to do...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience