Mildly modded skyline GTT as daily driven car?

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
guys,

still contemplating on whether to get a GTT to replace my current daily driven car.... was wondering, how many are you guys using a GTT as daily driven car, and any problems with your car?

hows the monthly expenses like (approx).... am not still decided whether to get a AT or MT... hmmm...

thanks for the feedback!

padi83

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
me me~! used as daily drive.. GTT AT.. no problem at all..
full tank can go for 450-+ km..
change oil and filter when times come~
and one more, dont put in barang tiruan if wanna upgrade sumthing~ huhu..

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

me me~! used as daily drive.. GTT AT.. no problem at all..
full tank can go for 450-+ km..
change oil and filter when times come~
and one more, dont put in barang tiruan if wanna upgrade sumthing~ huhu..

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi there, I ran an auto r33 gts25t (older brother to gtt) for almost 2 years as a daily driver. It was superb, uber-reliable, relaxed in the usual KL traffic jams and very sporty when the need for speed arrived. Fuel consumption was excellent too but will depend on your right foot.

The r34 gtt is a better car by all accounts so it should be a fantastic daily driver. There's quite a few guys on here who drive their gtts daily eg. Azmir (blood red) etc. I'm sure they'll vouch for the gtt being a great daily driver.

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
any MT gtt drivers here? so far i know v-spec is using his for daily driven car..... how bout others? mileage wise?

padi,
450km? for AT Gtt? u sure ah? fully city driving or mixture?

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
i use GTT manual daily..around RM50 per week of 40km daily driving..standard everything..the key is not to go to "boost rpm" (when ur turbo start spooling) everytime

for daily driving i used ron95 no knocking whatsoever..some people say we need to avoid it bt i think Rb25 can use ron95 and above in standard form.

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

ohh btw, skylines have big fueltank haha

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hansc,

I can vouch for the GTT as an excellent daily driven car. My car is stock standard with only pod filter & straight pipe exhaust as mods.

Consumption wise, I get on average 350km for full tank (52-53 liters). If you are worried about the rising RON97 price, I've heard of RB26 owners running on RON95, but I would assume that you need to tune the engine.

In terms of basic maintenance, it is not too bad. The only part that is going to kill you is when your tires botak and during insurance/road tax renewal. If it happens the same time, then you'll probably be screwed hahahahahahah....

Otherwise, I go to and come back from work always with a smile on my face. The car is excellent!

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
for daily driving i used ron95 no knocking whatsoever..some people say we need to avoid it bt i think Rb25 can use ron95 and above in standard form.

Yes, I forgot to mention I ran my car on ron95 the whole time. It's a stock rb25det. I boosted on a regular basis. Mileage already 90,000km when I bought the car. Zero problems over the 2 years.

A taiko here explained to me that the standard ECU will detect knock IF it happens and then retard ignition/timing - ie. run a different mapping. But most likely, at stock boost on standard turbos, knock won't even happen. :adore:

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
I ran a full 1-2 weeks in a month to office. Fuel is truly an issue if you have Honda civic as your parameter in fuel efficiency. Especially when running 1bar of boost every morning to avoid traffic jams or overtaking idiots on fast lane.

But, its a great car overall and the feel of satisfaction and happy when reaching to the office. Its a great motivation before starting your day. Off course, the anxiety feeling when about to finish your work and knowing your 'ride' waiting for you to go home and another round of adrenaline rush before heading to sleep.

hmmm..................

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Hi bro Hansc. Yes I use my ER34 as a daily since the day I got her 4 years plus ago. Granted my daily mileage is actually kinda low since my work place and office is very near and I don't use her for my outstation business trips as I'll use one of the company mules.

I've never had any sort of mechanical problems with the car in my daily use. Yes the fuel tank is kinda large at 65 litres capacity. It'll last me 300-320-ish km (normal driving) on my mildly modded GTT. Other than that, it's just an oil change and oil filter at every 5,000km interval.

It gets expensive when you start to itch for mods.

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
argggh.......... all these temptations....... hahahha..... ok....... i hv now decided on which one i wanted.......now sourcing for good loans and interest rate.......

any idea what's the current loan rate and max loan amt for the GTT 01/07?

btw, is a twin plate clutch GTT ok for daily driving? hahahha........ sorry ya... too many q...

padi83

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,
yup my car runs 450km per full tank.. tiptronic~!
combine driving style... if long run, maintained 120-140 and sometimes out meter still got 400++ milage per full tank.. ron97 always..
stock turbo and just playing around with my ebc only.. 0.6bar and 0.9 bar if mau pecut2 huhu~
never reach 1.0bar due too stock turbo ceramic fin.. but so far, can easily tapau la other cars hee~
waa~ rb25 can put in ron95 without any prob ya?? interesting....

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
I drive a quad plate and although it's not a daily driver, I don't see why it can't be driven daily if need to. I've driven it to work and back a couple of times including after office traffic jams and stuff (Klang to UMMC) without breaking a sweat.

It's an OS Giken quad plate which is as light as OEM I might say. Had an HKS twin plate which was a bitch to drive in traffic jams though others may be okay with it.

So it depends on the brand/type of clutch as well as how u drive.

It is relatively cheap to daily drive a performance car (cheap means bearable, though u obviously can't compare it to a Myvi laa..). And like what V-Spec has mentioned, it gets expensive if u start to mod it.

Erm.. Why would u have a twin plate clutch? Buying a modded car I suppose? Be prepared to spend some for wear & tear mantenance.. Which may be just the regular fluid changes (engine, differential, gearbox oils, radiator fluids etc) or could include more expensive things like tyres, brake pads, engine overhaul etc).

I'd suggest those who intend to buy these cars to get a stock standard car if possible as maintenance cost would be fairly minimal and u don't get the bug to mod that quickly (maybe).

Good luck in ur search and hope u enjoy ur ownership of the Skyline. Join us on drives.. Which is almost weekly thanks to the cravings of our Ketua Darjah.. :rofl:

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
hi temujin,

currently looking at this ride..mildly modded with common mods such as open pods, aftermarket exhaust, etc... he mentioned that there's a racing clutch on the ride as well.......

looking at it, i will wanna maintain it standard or as it is basis....not planning to venture into mods as i wanna keep this car....

as for unmodded rides, cant really find any GTT with mildly modded ones.

if i can land my hand on the ride, for sure i will join in the activities... been in a car club before and knows all the stuff with ROS if u guys need any helps on MY Skyline Club..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i am totally new in car maintaining as i am going to get my first own car soon.
Is Tufoil suitable to use for a brand new car? Will it void warranty?

I understand that every 5000 km we need to change car oil which we called black oil in cantonese. So is Tufoil a kind of black oil or it's a supplement oil which means we still need to use black oil + Tufoil?

Where do we fill Tufoil into? How? When?

Sry if the questions r too newbie :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience