Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yah, straight line the Galant was very stable, the easily most stable of all Japanese mid size sedans that time, even the older versions like mine.

No, unfortunately we did not get the VR4 versions in Indonesia market. Mine was only a non turbo 4G63 FWD version (they called it Eterna GTI) with manual 5 speeders. Yeah similar seats, mine was leather though.
The size, weight and 4WD contributes a lot to its stability. Other than this, I think Toyota's JZX series mid size sedan is quite good too during that time. Chaser, Mark II and Cresta. Same platform across all three.

In a way, the Eterna GTI in Indonesia is similar to the old Perdana SEI in Malaysia? 4G63 NA, FWD and 5 speed manual.

Gearbox from halfcut, suspension plenty of after market ones.
Engine parts also have half cut and new. Japan MMC ones or some parts can use other Mitsu model sometimes or even Proton parts. My brake pump is Wira one, Speedo cable also and steering tie rod end is Perdana ones....:driver:
Actually, you are referring to the older VR or the 6A13 VR?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
wah... then vr should be a moderately easy car to maintain.. (mechanically wise ofc).....

my junk mitsu banyak parts abit odd... tukar tukar, usually have to modify/halfcut/custom make or it will be slightly 'off'

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Older VR of course, plenty of users, got VRC club so telling bro. 6UE5t not a problem with engine parts....:driver:
I thought 6UE5t is referring to the 6A13 VR because he said black VR4 manual for sale now and worried about parts availability. Which I thought he is referring to this particular VR4.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=462652

wah... then vr should be a moderately easy car to maintain.. (mechanically wise ofc).....

my junk mitsu banyak parts abit odd... tukar tukar, usually have to modify/halfcut/custom make or it will be slightly 'off'
Your model is quite uncommon actually. You are driving AT or MT version?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I thought 6UE5t is referring to the 6A13 VR because he said black VR4 manual for sale now and worried about parts availability. Which I thought he is referring to this particular VR4.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=462652
I refer that as the VRG...hahhaha. If that is the case then no because that model very little around. That was one of the reason I did not buy also.....hhahahhaha

Anyway, the VR4 in Malaysia and the club are for the E30 series and some later member with the RVR

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ohh mt for sure!! i looked high and low for a mt car!!! its what i call 'powerful enough' to make me happy for now~~:driver:
Good decision. AT on old JDM feels somewhat crippled. :biggrin: Plus yours is a MIVEC version... Pulling revs and rev matching during downshifts is going to be much fun with a manual.

I refer that as the VRG...hahhaha. If that is the case then no because that model very little around. That was one of the reason I did not buy also.....hhahahhaha

Anyway, the VR4 in Malaysia and the club are for the E30 series and some later member with the RVR
I wonder if VRG can use parts from Perdana? I think halfcut for VRG is hard to find too. Except the front nose cut maybe since many Perdana owners converted to that front look.

So, VR4 club in Malaysia is like a one single model club? Anyone had the original 6A12 Eterna VR4?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Hehehe that's why I'm also reluctant! But I don't know, maybe the owner has channel to get parts for that car. If the E30 series then yeah I know still easier to get engine/brakes/suspension parts.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I wonder if VRG can use parts from Perdana? I think halfcut for VRG is hard to find too. Except the front nose cut maybe since many Perdana owners converted to that front look.

So, VR4 club in Malaysia is like a one single model club? Anyone had the original 6A12 Eterna VR4?
Nope, did not see any........

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Just found this video about daily driving a high HP Evo. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CskMDuG8u3g
500 seems a bit more for daily driving. Considering how powerful evo is in stock form, I think anything exceeding 400hp could be too much.

Why do I call stock evo as powerful is because I think Evo IX stock can reach 0-100kmh in around 4.5 seconds while the V8 Audi R8 only achieves it in like 4.8 seconds. This kind of speed is considered as supercar rivaling kind of speed.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
500 seems a bit more for daily driving. Considering how powerful evo is in stock form, I think anything exceeding 400hp could be too much.

Why do I call stock evo as powerful is because I think Evo IX stock can reach 0-100kmh in around 4.5 seconds while the V8 Audi R8 only achieves it in like 4.8 seconds. This kind of speed is considered as supercar rivaling kind of speed.
Yes agree, stock Evo is already borderline supercar performance, in fact the cheapest supercar I'd say.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone have or know about the Starbo turbo timer -no idea about the model-. I just bought from my friend, but i am having a few problems figuring out the wiring. It has multiple modes plus taco display, timer itself, autostart and stopwatch feature. All sounds pretty good but can't get it going. If anyone have any idea bout it hope can help me... :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience