Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
Whr's Proride? What shop is that? Tq..

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
I assume u meant the auto gear oil cooler rite? That and engine oil cooler u can get from ah sin. His workshop at 5th mile opposite the pottery shop just beside pro turbo. Well he is well verse in all kind of mods from na to turbocharge. Pay him a visit and he will advice u on the mods but be vary mods are poisonous and can be expensive lol. I did mine b20b bot there too.

As for plug cables, brands like nology and ultra are aplenty but all in halfcut condition, try sourcing at halfcut shops. Brand like ngk power cable are available new at sty and proride but I believe the price at proride is cheaper. Check it out.
thanks i will look into it.

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
I've post this before, not sure whether in ZTH or ClubAE111.UK
sorry coz I've not updated this since 2010...
anyway i've sold my 4AGE 20V Blacktop engine already...:wavey:

I believe this question was asked by all car enthusiasts, before or after they got their cars. Anyway just to get things started, I’ll put in my journey. I’m sorry that it’s not a Levin or Trueno; but a variant of it… its Corolla AE110…

- Oct04 - manage to get the car; Corolla 1997 AE110 4AFE with Auto Transmission, 15x7 Lenso Maglite.
- Upgrade air filter to K&N drop-in and putting 3” PVC flexible tube as CAI to behind the front bumper. Resonator remove and the hole enlarge to accommodate the PVC tube.
- Start using Bridgestone Potenza GIII; 195/55/15. Good in dry or wet (rate 7/10).

- Upgrade to coilovers; local licensed GAB adjustable Hi/Lo suspension.
- Upgrade front and rear brake hose to Pro-RS steel braided.
- Install MSD6AL + 8910EIS; dyno at 115whp. Use it for 1+year, faulty probably due to the engine bay heat.
- Upgrade to SARD adjustable fuel pressure regulator; after the modified OEM burst.
- Upgrade exhaust muffler to Fujitsubo Giken S-Flow – JASMA approved.
- DIY brake stopper and oil catch tank.

- Upgrade to HKS top suspension mount, camber adjustable.
- Install Ultra Racing bars; 3point upper front, 3point fender & 2point mid-rear.
- Upgrade brake; front and rear to disc. Front 2pot from SS modified to fit McPherson.
- Using Bendix Metal brake pads for front and rear. Not very good as it scrapped the rotor after 50% utilization.
- Upgrade rear brake hose to Pro-RS steel braided.

- Install MOMO Race steering wheel with MOMO boss kit.
- Upgrade front seats; been told from Corolla AE111GT.
- Convert to 4AGE Blacktop with Auto transmission, K&N and CAI tube retain.
- Upgrade to TRD thermostat, TABATA 1.3bar radiator cap, NGK Power Cable and Denso IK20.
- Upgrade to 50mm velocity stacks inside intake plenum; maintain original box with K&N and CAI tube.
- Upgrade to local 4-2-1 header; customized to HKS style. Change piping to 2.2” with 2 bullets, maintain muffler due to s-flow design for back pressure.
- Install Thermotec 1,200degree thermal wrap (only for 4-2-1 header).
- Start using Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE001; 195/55/15. Good in dry or wet (rate 8/10).

- Upgrade to Ultra Racing 19mm rear anti-roll bar.
- Upgrade to use Celica fuel pump.
- Upgrade brake pad to EBC Green for front 2pot and EBC Black for rear. (Update: Currently using Bendix General CT for front coz EBC Green lasted only for 6 months, probably due to auto transmission)
- Upgrade to PIAA 4700K bulbs and install headlight booster.
- Change to TITAN suspension; local custom built adjustable Hi/Lo coilovers.
- Upgrade to silicon radiator hose.
- Install ARC intake chamber.
- Rebuilt 4AGE Blacktop engine
o Rod from Silvertop engine.
o BT Head port and polish + groove (SOMENDER-SINGH.com)
o TODA Valve Springs.
o TODA Adjustable Exhaust Cam Pulley.
o TRD 0.8mm Metal Head Gasket.
o ACL Race bearings.
o POWER Kevlar II Timing Belt.
o Toyota Blacktop O/S 0.50mm piston kits.
o Balanced crank and auto flywheel.

- Upgrade to Walbro 255lph fuel pump.
- Convert to manual C56 gearbox with TRD 1.5way LSD
- Changed dashboard to Levin AE111 (mix BZG & BZR)
- Install Exedy 3 puck racing clutch and cover
- Install TRD steel braided clutch line
- Install CUSCO 2pt lower arm bar
- Install CUSCO Master brake stopper
- Upgrade to complete JASMA exhaust (No brand)
- Upgrade to Toyota 2layer aluminum radiator
- Install modified racing engine mounting for front
- Upgrade to TODA 272in/272ex cams with 9mm lift

- Removed extractor thermal wrap
- Upgrade to aluminum Water Pump & Alternator pulley
- Install TODA Intake Cam pulley (VVT disabled)
- Install PIVOT Speed Meter V
- Changed 50mm aluminum trumpet (with better bell-mouth)
- Changed to HKS Open Air Filter Reloaded with ZerOne 3.25” silicon hose
- Install TRD Oil Cap and Radiator Cap 1.3bar
- Install VVT solenoid cover

After this rebuild, then journey might be…
- Install water temp.
- Install in E-Manage Blue or Ultimate.
- Install oil cooler with oil pressure and oil temp gauges.
- Upgrade header to 4-1 HKS Racing or Cusco Power Ball.
- Install AE111 Levin BZG front body parts.

 So as you can see, my priority is always; handling to power to handling to power. Coz you need to able to handle the beast first before any power upgrade, then after power upgrade you need to learn to handle it again coz the characteristic changes, and this will continue.

About me:-
Working in a foreign bank, as such a bit restricted due to firewall policy, cannot upload pics to certain site. Only start to learn driving, got my license and first car in year 2000 at the age of 29, before this my interest mainly in motorbike. Most of knowledge is from Internet and Forums. Join as member in:-
- Zerotohundred.com | The Automotive Lifestyle Network
- www.toyotanation.com
- Ae111.co.uk
- www.wheelsjamaica.com

Some good reference:-
Thou must breathe:AE111 Stage 1 – Thou must breathe:AE111 stage_1
AE111: Stage III –
AE111: Stage III
AE111 Stage III Complete! –
AE111 Stage III Complete!
High Lift Cams AE111 BT 20v –High Lift Cams AE111 BT 20v

Reference to parts used:-
TITAN Suspension – TiTAN SUSPENSION
Ultra Racing Brace – ULTRA RACING Chassis Strengthening Technology

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009

I believe this question was asked by all car enthusiasts, before or after they got their cars. Anyway just to get things started, I’ll put in my journey. I’m sorry that it’s not a Levin or Trueno; but a variant of it… its Corolla AE110…

- Oct04 - manage to get the car; Corolla 1997 AE110 4AFE with Auto Transmission, 15x7 Lenso Maglite.
- Upgrade air filter to K&N drop-in and putting 3” PVC flexible tube as CAI to behind the front bumper. Resonator remove and the hole enlarge to accommodate the PVC tube.
- Start using Bridgestone Potenza GIII; 195/55/15. Good in dry or wet (rate 7/10).

- Install MSD6AL + 8910EIS; dyno at 115whp. Use it for 1+year, faulty probably due to the engine bay heat.
- Upgrade to SARD adjustable fuel pressure regulator; after the modified OEM burst.

- Install Ultra Racing bars; 3point upper front, 3point fender & 2point mid-rear.
- Upgrade brake; front and rear to disc. Front 2pot from SS modified to fit McPherson.
- Using Bendix Metal brake pads for front and rear. Not very good as it scrapped the rotor after 50% utilization.

- Upgrade to TRD thermostat, TABATA 1.3bar radiator cap, NGK Power Cable and Denso IK20.
- Upgrade to 50mm velocity stacks inside intake plenum; maintain original box with K&N and CAI tube.
- Upgrade to local 4-2-1 header; customized to HKS style. Change piping to 2.2” with 2 bullets, maintain muffler due to s-flow design for back pressure.
- Start using Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE001; 195/55/15. Good in dry or wet (rate 8/10).

- Upgrade brake pad to EBC Green for front 2pot and EBC Black for rear. (Update: Currently using Bendix General CT for front coz EBC Green lasted only for 6 months, probably due to auto transmission)
o TODA Valve Springs.
o ACL Race bearings.

- Install water temp.

 So as you can see, my priority is always; handling to power to handling to power. Coz you need to able to handle the beast first before any power upgrade, then after power upgrade you need to learn to handle it again coz the characteristic changes, and this will continue.

Working in a foreign bank, as such a bit restricted due to firewall policy, cannot upload pics to certain site. Only start to learn driving, got my license and first car in year 2000 at the age of 29, before this my interest mainly in motorbike. Most of knowledge is from Internet and Forums. Join as member in:-
- Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
- Ae111.co.uk
- www.wheelsjamaica.com

that is a very interesting history....it is nice to know that u spend alot of time with ur ae110. it give alot of information on what can be mod to it. thanks alot.

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
Nice, another blacktop enthusiast. Good to have light mods. NGK cable, our forumer Ivan Wong has a new set. I think is RM280 if i'm not mistaken, please check with him. Drop in filter, I won't recommend because this engine needs a lot of air intake and fast.. better get open pod. I myself using the Apexi dual funnel, I think they're the best in filtration system. If can get the apexi dual funnel with the apexi adapter built for blacktop engines.

With that engine, you'll need some chasis strengthening parts, get those ultra racing, or cusco. If you have even more budget, go for TRD. Bear 1 thing in mind, ur stock suspension will definitely fail you when you go hard with the engine. The suspension will not be able to handle the power output by blacktop engines. I suggest you get coilovers for best performance, if not at least put on some lowered sport springs (GOOD ONES, not cap ayam type).

But best is to install rear discs before u hentam kao kao, 4 discs are better than 2. As for the 4 throttle, playing trumpet is a different setup and it's not true when you say earlier on that trumpets are not suitable for auto blacktop. I've experienced a trumpet setup on auto blacktop, it can easily tapau manual blacktop. It all depends on how you do the setup.. heheheheh..

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
Nice, another blacktop enthusiast. Good to have light mods. NGK cable, our forumer Ivan Wong has a new set. I think is RM280 if i'm not mistaken, please check with him. Drop in filter, I won't recommend because this engine needs a lot of air intake and fast.. better get open pod. I myself using the Apexi dual funnel, I think they're the best in filtration system. If can get the apexi dual funnel with the apexi adapter built for blacktop engines.

With that engine, you'll need some chasis strengthening parts, get those ultra racing, or cusco. If you have even more budget, go for TRD. Bear 1 thing in mind, ur stock suspension will definitely fail you when you go hard with the engine. The suspension will not be able to handle the power output by blacktop engines. I suggest you get coilovers for best performance, if not at least put on some lowered sport springs (GOOD ONES, not cap ayam type).

But best is to install rear discs before u hentam kao kao, 4 discs are better than 2. As for the 4 throttle, playing trumpet is a different setup and it's not true when you say earlier on that trumpets are not suitable for auto blacktop. I've experienced a trumpet setup on auto blacktop, it can easily tapau manual blacktop. It all depends on how you do the setup.. heheheheh..
thanks for the advise. currently looking at ngk and ultra cable which i probably need to get it from outside kuching as i yet to find it here. as for chasis strengthening i will look into it and thanks again for the advise.

as for now, i have a set of gab adjustable installed and a k&n open pod filter installed in my previous engine. And upcoming with the transplant of the engine is a set of rear disc brake for the rear.

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
I found 1 sun plug cable but it only got 4 cable. 1 cable is missing from distributor to coil. Will it affect anything? If not, wat is the recommended price for it.

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE

o TODA Valve Springs.
o ACL Race bearings.

- Install water temp.

- Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
- Ae111.co.uk
- www.wheelsjamaica.com

how much RM put on it

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
yeah it will...since it connect you distributer to your power coil...without it...you cant start you engine without it...:wavey:

francbs

Known Member
Apr 11, 2009
yeah it will...since it connect you distributer to your power coil...without it...you cant start you engine without it...:wavey:
if i just change the 4 plug cable but didn't disturb the old cable from distributor to power coil ?? any different ?

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
If you didnt change full set then you most probably will not get the effect of the cables at all

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
- Install water temp tried but the one from halfcut is faulty
- Install in E-Manage Blue or Ultimate done, em-blue with modded 6spd ecu 9400rpm limit
- Install oil cooler with oil pressure and oil temp gauges
- Upgrade header to 4-1 HKS Racing or Cusco Power Ball done, and its Cusco.. very rare

All secret out coz I'm done with 4AGE 20V...:rofl:
Including the 'groove'...:listen:

with 2ZZ, it will cost even more...
most performance parts need to go thru USD-RM conversion...:banghead:

nappx,
still lesser than yours i think...:rofl:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hie...

im new in engine mod. if any forumer have advice for me regarding 4G91 engine.

I've realy have tight budget and need to replace my current engine. Stock engine has blow last saturday night and i want to do transplan in this week.

by the way... im driving Mitsubishi Lancer A172 (Lampu Kotak one), Rear Drive and and my stock engine is 4G12 (1.4cc SOHC)

i ask mechenic and mechenic told me that i can use any 4G engine < 1.6 that should ngam with my gearbox.

i notice that 4G91 has 2...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience