Mivec Modification

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
hehehe..i noe y u change bro...u wan comfort driving while fecthing chicks rite...
muhahaha..neway NA is small amount of power and the g-force almost none but
the reliability and satisfaction of modding is the one we looking for...im rite bro?:burnout:
hahahah about chics i doubt ler as i dont let any gurl sit in my modded car...sial babe..hahah
well actually i wanted a change..so mayb once i am bored with N/A di then i will try boxer engine in my car now...mayb the new subaru engine..haha..lets see what JPJ has to say then

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
hahahah about chics i doubt ler as i dont let any gurl sit in my modded car...sial babe..hahah
well actually i wanted a change..so mayb once i am bored with N/A di then i will try boxer engine in my car now...mayb the new subaru engine..haha..lets see what JPJ has to say then
aiyah..u owez cr pasal wei..hehehehe..well nvm let me noe once u
car fitted wif boxer engine wna try how it like..:driver:

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
Sorry for interrupt, need to highjack a bit,

Need some advice regarding 4G92 Mivec.
My fren juz complete install the mivec head (lock the rocker - welding) on his car, but problem is at 1st idling not stable (AF show rich - below than 11.0). After that, adjust afc 5 button type until minimum but AF show somewhere at 11.++

When take for ride, low rpm really suck. If do launching, when hantam d gas pedal then is like kosong then suddenly power only come after mid range all d way to high (like mivec engagement). Suppose when weld mati d rocker, it should run on d high lift cam rite, should not feel the sudden engagement rite? Pls enlighten.

PS: Have adj. cam pulley, adj. fuel regulator, afc, af meter, chip ecu.

akukeng

Aug 24, 2006
bro,

If you lock the mivec rocker...it's not really usefull unless you launch the car at somewhere 5.5k rpm...

it's really depending on your cam shaft type / setting....

Say if you run on stock mivec cam...the intake duration was 300Degree and exhaust 285degree...from this hint we understand that the power band for this camshaft should be after 5k rpm....

If you running over Jun TypeII cam....it even worse as the duration and lift was higher....you might need to launch the car somewhere 5.5k - 6k rpm....

what you can do...i think install a better response final drive ratio....say ....4.844 or 4.9....

we have tried vtec killer cam....(it almost the same as lock the mivec rocker) thing comes in that manner....huhuhhuh....lucky we are launching the car at 7k prm with fully drag slick tyre....not forgotten the close ratio gearing....

P/S: dont advance the intake cam too much...kekekeke

Bump:
maybe can , if got big budget wanna try this project

300 hp mivec parts list : :idea:

1) custom stroker kit 2.0-2.2 cc
2) high compression ratio 15.1 and above
3) runs methanol
4) full dry sump system
5) 50 mm ITB ( 4 THROTTLE )
6) mega lift cam , duration 315-325 degree
6) fully race coating ( all parts )
7) race header ( 4-1 )

Bump: Bump: hahah bro kroolada, high cam for mivec gt discount or not, eco no good. budget less n i dream every nite the high cam. but y mat speed cam so expensive?

for serious buyer can contact me , special discount will be given

sms / call 017 6917136 :biggrin:

why matspeed regrinds cam expensive :

1) proven performance all kind of motorsport
2) the machine cost hundred thousand or less
3) :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Kekekeke....let me know if you need the mivec/4g93 stroker motor...93mm over stock block height...piston and conrod ....as per you requirements....

Alloy...or forged stell rod...

low silicon alloy or nickel piston....

not forgotten the custom oil pump gear....for 10k rpm revving safety...

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
mivec is for two stage rev, 1st stage is for normal driving, safe fuel, gd torque and idling stable. 2nd stage is for high rev to let engine to run higher rpm with steady torque, RPM x torque = HP. tis is y ppl create VTEC n MIVEC. if u dun wan run 1st stage n only wan running in high rev, y dun jz put normal DOHC head? wen a mivec engine only run in 2nd stage cam, is oni like 1st gen CamPro engine which is sudden torque appearing in mid rpm. so pls dun waste the mivec head anymore

Bump: mivec is for two stage rev, 1st stage is for normal driving, safe fuel, gd torque and idling stable. 2nd stage is for high rev to let engine to run higher rpm with steady torque, RPM x torque = HP. tis is y ppl create VTEC n MIVEC. if u dun wan run 1st stage n only wan running in high rev, y dun jz put normal DOHC head? wen a mivec engine only run in 2nd stage cam, is oni like 1st gen CamPro engine which is sudden torque appearing in mid rpm. so pls dun waste the mivec head anymore

Bump: mivec is for two stage rev, 1st stage is for normal driving, safe fuel, gd torque and idling stable. 2nd stage is for high rev to let engine to run higher rpm with steady torque, RPM x torque = HP. tis is y ppl create VTEC n MIVEC. if u dun wan run 1st stage n only wan running in high rev, y dun jz put normal DOHC head? wen a mivec engine only run in 2nd stage cam, is oni like 1st gen CamPro engine which is sudden torque appearing in mid rpm. so pls dun waste the mivec head anymore

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
bro,

If you lock the mivec rocker...it's not really usefull unless you launch the car at somewhere 5.5k rpm...

it's really depending on your cam shaft type / setting....

Say if you run on stock mivec cam...the intake duration was 300Degree and exhaust 285degree...from this hint we understand that the power band for this camshaft should be after 5k rpm....

If you running over Jun TypeII cam....it even worse as the duration and lift was higher....you might need to launch the car somewhere 5.5k - 6k rpm....

what you can do...i think install a better response final drive ratio....say ....4.844 or 4.9....

we have tried vtec killer cam....(it almost the same as lock the mivec rocker) thing comes in that manner....huhuhhuh....lucky we are launching the car at 7k prm with fully drag slick tyre....not forgotten the close ratio gearing....

P/S: dont advance the intake cam too much...kekekeke

From your point of view, is there any improvement can be made other than u mention above in-order to get slightly better low end power..:listen:

My fren is using the stock mivec cam. Wan to ask, advance intake cam mean adjust the cam open earlier or later? or i'm totally mess up? pls advice:adore:

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
K.L
all my frenz playing turbo so now kena poison by them and they r getting faster and faster. even high cam & 4 trottle also kenot catch up them..haihz:bawling:

planing to swap in evo..bro u still keeping the diesel crank, bearing, 1.8 kastam paper?

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
all my frenz playing turbo so now kena poison by them and they r getting faster and faster. even high cam & 4 trottle also kenot catch up them..haihz:bawling:

planing to swap in evo..bro u still keeping the diesel crank, bearing, 1.8 kastam paper?
yeah i still have it....why straight wana play stroker...hehehe not bad..u siap your evo..then come test power with me

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
why do ppl lock the mivec rocker n use only the high cam lobe? confius:confused::confused:

akukeng

Aug 24, 2006
From your point of view, is there any improvement can be made other than u mention above in-order to get slightly better low end power..:listen:

My fren is using the stock mivec cam. Wan to ask, advance intake cam mean adjust the cam open earlier or later? or i'm totally mess up? pls advice:adore:[/quote]

bro...the reason we use the killer cam is to counter the metal head gasket problem...if you're running very high compression 15.5:1 to 17:1 for variable valve car....seriously you will kill the gasket...

from that angle only we doing that....if low compression car i think you should let the mivec low cam fuctioning....

Advance cam mean....make it open earlier....but be carefull of cam setting....as the cam pulley center is for mivec 1.6....

mivec RS

Mar 6, 2009
hai bro .
why only use high lift cam only . use both as normal la . using high lobe at low rpm speed are wasted . no tork . if u plan using single acting cam just use mat speed cam or high cam for non variable one la bro .:burnout:

Bump: hai bro .
why only use high lift cam only . use both as normal la . using high lobe at low rpm speed are wasted . no tork . if u plan using single acting cam just use mat speed cam or high cam for non variable one la bro .:burnout:

alvin_lkw

Nov 30, 2005
which type of piggyback is more suitable for mivec

Bump: and also wat injector should i use for 1.8 mivec with 1.6 mivec ecu and wiring

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Bro,

I'm a GSR CK type owner which is auto transmission. Is there anyway to strengthen the auto gearbox to withstand bigger horse power? or is it interchangeable with other car GB such as EVO GB?

please share your opinion and experience. thanks~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience