Mivec 1.6 AC Problem [noise and smokes....]

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
Hi to all Zth sifu's
im having some funny problem,
yesterday just took me car out from the paint shop. im very excited about the driving pleasure too..
out of the blue, something strange is happening,...

Situation 1:
while driving with AC, the AC is on and when ever me rev the car ... i see my AC become abit warm then once done with the rev then it comes to cold again..
very strange, and this been happening even way before goes into paint shop..
im just wondering what the cause for this...

Situation 2:
Once me went thru the "Situation 1" me face another one after...that..
waiting at the traffic light..."AC is on"...the car went OFF, turn on me car then heard some funny noise,then put "ON AC" suddenly smokes is coming out, so me pull da car to da side and open up me hood...and notice there's smokes and noise coming out of the compressor,...and some funny noise too...no burning at all...just plain white smokes as though something burning in it...wondering if the bearing innit causing this?

during this both situation, my car TEMP just normal...
no changes there, just that funny noise from compressor...and i didnt turn on me AC after that..
after one day parked me car in da house, i took the car out for a ride today...
the AC seeems to be cold...but the funny noise still coming out from the compressor when ever me start the car....but no smoke though

me not sure if this a compressor bearing issue or the alternator..

Please help mate... ;-)

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
compressor issue
get it reconditioned or get a new one if u have the money.

My putra used to have this problem also, but mine was worst in the sense that it was jammed up. So i advice u to get it fix.

U have more or less pin pointed the issue d

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
cheers for that DarkAccoon,
it is real ugly to hear that compressor sound when you have the smooth engine...

Next:..
what will happen if me still rev the car up on the road with the AC? As you mentioned, will mine get jammed up and screws up eventually?

Cheers for the solution matey ;-)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. n good morning to all sifu! first all sifu here.. i would like to know that 4g92p engine is sohc engine that my big brother plan to upgrade it.. my big brother advised by a sifu dont know where is the place one la.. just know the sifu know how to mod car one.. ok the stories is this sifu recommended my big brother to upgrade this engine change the engine head to 4g93p sohc including the head onli.. well other not included manifu, extractor 4-2-1, injector 240cc, 1 more is dont know wat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience