Need some help about Modification 4g92p engine

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
hi.. n good morning to all sifu! first all sifu here.. i would like to know that 4g92p engine is sohc engine that my big brother plan to upgrade it.. my big brother advised by a sifu dont know where is the place one la.. just know the sifu know how to mod car one.. ok the stories is this sifu recommended my big brother to upgrade this engine change the engine head to 4g93p sohc including the head onli.. well other not included manifu, extractor 4-2-1, injector 240cc, 1 more is dont know wat is that call is one the left side near the engine one.. look like a big plug.. paiseh dont know wat is that call..
total mod is quote RM2000 plus changing gasket n fix back the white smoke!
dear sifu is that ok for this mod? well this car also 1 part of me with my big brother so i ask is that good to mod klike this? thank you!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
any performance gain by jz changing the cylinder head to 4g93p sohc head without changing other stuff such as throttle body and injectors??..

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
hi skywalker thx for reply.. inside the cylinder head was mod to bigger intake previous is 42m then final is 48m just change the whole head onli.. later after this need to upgrade extrator 4-2-1, manifu, injector and the electronic head
erm. i not sure got gain performance or not oh.. but the sifu say will better than previous 4g92p original

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
hi skywalker how do u think this mod? i'm not sure about mod car so much just a little know..

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
better change to 4G93 DOHC ( cylinder head )
nothing different if still using SOHC...u 're not change the engine block right?

or maybe yur sifu give u a high profile camshaft together with 4G93 SOHC head ?

Last edited:

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
well as i know this car been mod to highcam, mod tottle body n manifu to bigger size n setup cam n vafe and also install hks mushroom! gearbox is 1.6 mivec! this are the thing car been modified! can anyone help? just want to ask any sifu can advise me because dont want change block if change block need to register at jpj right? this car is half half de.. not fully is mine so need to change also need to get approve by my brother ma.. so sifu can help me a bit.. thank you so much!

thx for reply me SRF Racing as u mention better change to 4G93 DOHC ( cylinder head ) u mean just change the head to 4g93 dohc onli? how much is that cost oh including install? well this sifu quote me rm2000 including whole head of 4g93 sohc n tuning n change gasket!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
hi skywalker thx for reply.. inside the cylinder head was mod to bigger intake previous is 42m then final is 48m just change the whole head onli.. later after this need to upgrade extrator 4-2-1, manifu, injector and the electronic head
erm. i not sure got gain performance or not oh.. but the sifu say will better than previous 4g92p original

yeap... the bore size of intake n exhaust is bigger than 4g92p.... but without changing to bigger injectors and throttle body, the performance gain is vr minimal....

try install aftermarket extractor, highflow intake filter, larger injector n throttle body, piggyback ecu and so on...

well, u are at the correct path already... jz move on and u'll able to achieve some good horsepower figure...

BananaBoyz

Known Member
May 22, 2007
just use back your soch head...change tb 60mm,use metal head gasket 0.4mm,port n polish head,rebore you block to 82mm,change your camshaft & upgrade ecu also dont forget safc 5 button or new version...i can tell your hp will be around 140-150hp & tq will be 120,170-180tq....a good tuner also you must have...

i got 60mm tb,2nd metal head gasket also brand new piston....want ? pls pm me

Last edited:

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
thx for ur advise skywalker and BananaBoyz i'm very happy that can know u 2.. nice to meet u here n take ur ur help! beside this is that anything additional need to do sifu any thing else? thx for helping me appreciated sifu sifu any? thank you!

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
for me the best will be 1st change ur head to a DOHC head...
with a DOHC head there is more future modification to be made...
and SOHC got pretty limited modification on it...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
no matter sohc or dohc, method of modification will still be the same lar...
i would agree that swapping to dohc head will gain a few more horses and will be good for further future mods...

it all depends on how thick is ur wallet.... the limits are still far from reach from the point u are standing...

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
well.. modification transplated head in! change to head to 1.8 sohc! just yesterday nite tested already! 0-80km not bad! 1st gear not bad 2st gear not bad but 3 gear feel like got power but cant out fast.. i press the pedal n test it feel got power but not moving fast! if not mistaken is bec of the extractor, manifu, thottle, n injector n 1 more is the electronic head! then speed is smooth but cant say power la.. light a bit when press the pedal! sifu sifu is that bec of that reason that i mention that y i feel like that? thank you reply me.. thank thank sifu! n advised

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
claimed back to yur sifu...
he was mod yur car not us...so we are clearly don't know what was he doing...
what he promised to u before?...is't just feel until 2nd gear only?

Last edited:

Edisonkim

Known Member
Feb 13, 2006
hi srf racing wat i mean is 1 gear quite fast up better than previous 2 gear also fast but 3 gear seem like the air cant release out got a bit delay! after that 4 gear n 5 gear smooth lo.. but havent fully test la.. i just testing the gear 1, gear 2, gear 3 up to 6800rpm around that... then enter gear 4 n 5 just enter smooth lo.. so i wonder is that the problem will be no smooth can cause because i havent upgrage manifu, thottle body, extractor 4-2-1, injector n electronic head! is that i mention just now cause of the flow air not so smooth? thank for ur reply..

SRF Racing

Known Member
May 21, 2006
seems it has been modified by yur sifu so better anything u refer back to him...

if this mod was done by yurself so it's easy to other sifus around here to assist you..

u got what i meant