mivec engine?

Oct 21, 2010
Melaka
Previously, i don't know about mivec engine. Recently, I drove wira mivec 1.8 engine. The power is good and love it. But the most important things are maintenance and spare parts are chearper than honda and toyota.

I do research to understand about mivec engine. And I got some valuable info. But the problem is, although it is a mivec engine, but sometimes I heard about black top and silver top engines. Like toyota.

My question is which engine colour is more powerful (silver & black top)?

If the owner has paint with another clour instead of ori colour, how do I know the ori spec? Definitely, there is engine / block no. Can somebody tell me?

:driver:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
funny questions sir, haha..

4age 20v blacktop is said to be more powerful, i dunno since ive never made the comparison side by side.

mivec parts isnt cheaper compared to a toyota sir, other 4g9x parts are

akuygbes

Oct 21, 2010
Melaka
thanx bro for give good comment....
Ain't cheap?
I have several frez with mivec engine....
but they said the sparre parts are cheaper....
I don't know... probbly according to them....
If I compare with another frez that install v-tec b16a/c I dun remember, quite big different....

I'm still searching additional info about the mivec....
I would like to try one....
instead of using v-tec or vvti or neo vvl....
what say U?

mysyncorp

Dec 24, 2006
Mivec is a reliable engine but the parts are expensive and a bit hard to find.

mizi0604

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
There is no difference between (black&silver top)...Both produced same performance,silver top is the early production than black top...Me oso dunno how to recognize if the owner has paint it...

Mivec halfcut price now quite high,sometimes RM9k...But if u really need to feel the power,might think upgrade it to 1.8 block...:burnout:

Enjoy driving sir....:driver:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i prefer a non-mivec 4g9x,easier to mod, abundant parts to source out, and cheaper parts. plus, i hate waiting for the mivec to kick in, lambat sangat..

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
for me i think it is a good engine. i was a 4g93 non mivec user before. to be on par with mivec 1.8, i had to modify my 93 with racing camshaft (300/288) of duration and some other parts. the power was very good but the only thing that i hate is that the car is very hard to drive and not really suitable for daily driven car. now after change to mivec 1.8, my car is very easy to drive and when mivec kicks in... u will squirt. so nice. it depends on the preference. if you use your car to work / hang out.. mivec is the answer since it offers best for both world. if you wanna use just for race only which dont care about comfort and not your daily transport, 4g9x non mivec will be a good choice since the parts to mod it is much more cheaper compare to mivec.

akuygbes

Oct 21, 2010
Melaka
thanx for all info...
but I already found a thread in this sesawang...
already discussed about blacktop and silvertop mivec engine...
it was 1st posted on 31/03/2006....
thread title mivec blacktop and silvertop?
when I was reading the thread, I made conclusion that, the TO wouldt got answer what his seek....
only opinion and experiece from other frez out there....
however, I do still appreciate....

The truth is get someone work with mitsubishi....
OR we choose somebody in this sesawang, and send him to work with MITSU
Like my frez, he worked with Lotus RnD. Therefore, I got several valuable info from him

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
for me i think it is a good engine. i was a 4g93 non mivec user before. to be on par with mivec 1.8, i had to modify my 93 with racing camshaft (300/288) of duration and some other parts. the power was very good but the only thing that i hate is that the car is very hard to drive and not really suitable for daily driven car. now after change to mivec 1.8, my car is very easy to drive and when mivec kicks in... u will squirt. so nice. it depends on the preference. if you use your car to work / hang out.. mivec is the answer since it offers best for both world. if you wanna use just for race only which dont care about comfort and not your daily transport, 4g9x non mivec will be a good choice since the parts to mod it is much more cheaper compare to mivec.
joe_mirage..can u share ur WHP and torque since u dont use that spec anymore or maybe can post ur dyno chart here , if its not PNC :biggrin:

p.s visited ur blog before

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
I've been driving Lancer CK Mivec 2nd gen for few years before.

I do agreed that Mivec OEM parts are easy to find. However, the I do agreed on the difficulties ot outsource the performance parts!

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
joe_mirage..can u share ur WHP and torque since u dont use that spec anymore or maybe can post ur dyno chart here , if its not PNC :biggrin:

p.s visited ur blog before
hi bro. i wish i can share it with you but sadly i havent got the chance to dyno my non mivec 93 with highcams. really sorry bro. but recently i went to dyno my mivec 1.8 at millennium sunway. i managed to hit 155whp , 172kg/m on dyno dynamics. Stock mivec cylinder head , s-flow muffler, stock ecu and wiring. hopefully can hit more than 16+whp with emanage next time. still saving up some money :biggrin:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
hi bro. i wish i can share it with you but sadly i havent got the chance to dyno my non mivec 93 with highcams. really sorry bro. but recently i went to dyno my mivec 1.8 at millennium sunway. i managed to hit 155whp , 172kg/m on dyno dynamics. Stock mivec cylinder head , s-flow muffler, stock ecu and wiring. hopefully can hit more than 16+whp with emanage next time. still saving up some money :biggrin:
u should aim above 170whp la bro :biggrin:hehehe...160 too common nowdays i think for 4g93...good luck on your modification...and plz documented all ur works on ur blog hehehe

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
1.8 mivec has been proven to produce 190hp on the dyno dynamics, microtech LT10s tuned to perfection by joshua thiran. of course, i think there must be several other supporting mods like individual bosch coils, x4 ignition booster, etc. tak sempat nak nengok betol2 mase tu, the owner is sumwhere in here kot.. satria putih

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
mivec i know 2type one is normal mivec and another one mivec-MD (with cylinder de-activation feature to help save fuel during idle)...but many said it has less power than normal mivec....is it correct sifu?? :adore:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all MODmasters,

I have a Cordia 1.8L and now using magma 1.5L.I just bought this car from my bos last year and trying to change the engine.The cordia engine was blown before this my bos told me.I'm a noobie in modding cars but are keen in learning and getting a new engine for a start . I plan to play turbo since i never had one before. so the questions goes like this:

1. What are the list of engine should be compliant to my car?

2. What are the price for each engines, since i'm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience