MIRI CITY DRAG RACE & NATIONAL DAY DRAG RACE!!

V-Pilot

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
The land is now own by SY. it probably becoming housing estate soon in the future.

zamans98

Known Member
Mar 7, 2004
V-Pilot said:
The land is now own by SY. it probably becoming housing estate soon in the future.
But from my sources, I believe that the land is still own by Sarawak Government.

Shin Yang area almost reaching the first bump to the Airstrip when you drive from Piasau Camp. So, the land still belongs to Swk Govt.

To prepare a real drag strip, we need about 2 Million RM, minimum.

Last edited:

ping5828

Known Member
Jul 13, 2005
Miri,Malaysia
MiLd7 said:
if not mistaken is the last year subaru team which VINCE RIGOLI is th!ere!!! i heard my bro's wrx last year is modify again but is still under progress!!!!!

u didn't c any angmo??? sure or not??? GHK's JACK is bring his tuner lar!!! dun tell me that is not angmo oh!!! kekekekekekek
Wad i mean is whole team angmo...
Oh ya... hehe... i got the photo of the ang mo's.. haha...

Jack and his angmo's

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
MiLd7 said:
dunno can post out the photo or not this is the top 8 and also heat 1 and 2 pre qualifying for group A2 and A4
Thanks for the results but they don't say waht kind of cars. Only race numbers.:regular_smile:

MiLd7

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
Borneo Legion
Visit site
ping5828 said:
Wad i mean is whole team angmo...
Oh ya... hehe... i got the photo of the ang mo's.. haha...

Jack and his angmo's

nice photo and also the trophy!!!! after yr 2000 drag race at brunei he won fastest n 2nd place ... after 6 yrs he won the 2 trophys as fastest n borneo champion 2006!!!!!!!!!

really congra jack and autronic tuner!!!!

soulfly

500 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
Miri
fakhrain.blogdrive.com
ping5828 said:
any1 got the detail for the team from Australia ??
i saw in the paper saying got 1 team from australia can't race due to technical problem. But i din see any angmo's ler..
haha...
probably the newspaper is just making a 'hype'

the only angmo in the track is GHK's tuner i think

MiLd7

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
Borneo Legion
Visit site
RocK said:
whats this rumor next year no more miri race. true kah?
anyway so far only wat i found is MMSC is create a 4x4 diesel group which comfirm during race day for next year!!! regarding the land i had no idea yet!!! need to comfirm also no use cause now dunno wat will happen in future which next year matter!!!!

just wait n c lor!!!

RocK

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Brunei
problem is, a few project car didnt make it this year. so if next year dont have, why spend more money? racer like to know early.

hate to see its the last. hope the Miri Motor Club can make it happen for next year and so on..

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
Yeah, te27 levin, from your view on the ecu and burning issue, I guess last Sunday we learn a lot. Remember I tell you last time about tuning your engine at afternoon on Sunday? Is it you or the other guy, I forgot. Some of the people here I see wait for the sunset around 5-6 to do practice run, tuning but the race itself is morning, afternoon where the sun is shining at its best boosting capability..hehe.probably around 36c-38c? The Kuching guys most of them gather and test their cars around 2-3pm at hometown so I guess that’s why their setting matches the day of the drag? I think its time for those interested to join to do setting around that time, not to do microtech/haltech/engine setting at night,evening when it is cold. Remember borneo cup is held in the morning/afternoon time. This year drag proves chasis tuning is vital. It doesn’t matter you come in a trailer to the drag day with t5t1r,to4z,t67 turbine but if the delivery to the ground is not that good, no point also. Te27 proves he is right. I remember last year he said that its time for him to do chasis tuning and one fella here is asking what is he talking about. Te27 engine setup is not that gila,still stock inlet manifold, turbine also not that extreme, but the secret recipe proves and lead him to the trophy on the 4th spot. Remember the orange celica from kch? Look closely at his axle and remember how the people at the park city hotel reaction when they look at his car when he come? His celica is only running on TD06 turbine managed by Microtech but how did he managed to get 2nd place with consistent 12+ time. Those watching from the back of the starting line and those at 280m-400m sure know how it pull from 3rd gear and beat that yellow r34 with big turbine..people laugh their asses off seeing that celica with its big spoiler ‘batman wannabe car’ but who the hell did he beat? Remember the orange Levin 4wd with Haltech sticker? When the car arrives at the inspection, one guy who take a sneek peek inside the car told me, “this car sure has done chasis tuning”. Drag day, look at how it run, perfect straight.…that car is originally a front wheel drive 4a turbo last time and converted into 4wd 3s and clock a best time of 11.1…a potential 10 second car. Good job for a car that I saw with standard top mount intercooler last December. Vtec class this year a bit interesting to look at. More participant clock 13sec range and I was attracted to the orange auto terminal civic ak 4 door. The civic ak managed to beat miri yellow eg and I would love to know its specification. Is it the first ever tube chasis car to join this drag? Looks like it’s a two door car coz no rear doors and the front part is locked by the hood pin..cool..If im not mistaken it got 3rd right? Not bad. Wah,can see sifoo tony teo in action again. Love the look of ah bee purple/yellow crx from vtech parts and services. Hope the participant learn sumthing from this year drag, that BIG POWER MEANS NOTHING IF IT IS NOT DELIVERED PROPERLY TO THE GROUND. Dun afraid to take a step forward, improvise not only on ur engine, but body setup, and practice. Congratz to Miri participant, apart from te27, black CRX vtec turbo, ae70 sr20det, yellow crx and that yellow close ratio eg6 which enters the final. Hope to see more improvement also from MMSC next year.

RocK

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Brunei
but NO POWER MEANS NOTHING even if it can be controlled or delivered properly.

its all about the total package..

btw, anyone know what happen of the Red R34?

MiLd7

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
Borneo Legion
Visit site
RocK said:
but NO POWER MEANS NOTHING even if it can be controlled or delivered properly.

its all about the total package..

btw, anyone know what happen of the Red R34?
hahahahaha, bah bah bah.... all of u is true... i really wish to c more improve result and good setting for next race!!!! only one word ..... team work!!!!!!!!!!! got power or no power, got skill or no skill, etc lar........

red r34 just mechanical problem!

MiLd7

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
Borneo Legion
Visit site
RocK said:
problem is, a few project car didnt make it this year. so if next year dont have, why spend more money? racer like to know early.

hate to see its the last. hope the Miri Motor Club can make it happen for next year and so on..
i think spend money for modifying car is for every competition! but the competition is not at miri ONLY... it can be kch or kk or tawau or sandakan.... so MMSC also cant do anything if SY take the land!!!

the most important is sarawak government must support samling group to rebuild a new track although stop for 1 or 2 years but at least got a standard and safety drag track which spectators can watch the race n seat in the grand stand!!! location far also not a problem right!!!!!!! just wait n c lar cause who can predict tomorrow's matter happening?!!?!?!!? take my word go ahead modify ur car n sure one day u will back to miri drag track but whether present track or new track!!!!!!!!

i will try to check it v jimmy or president of MMSC and let u ppls know here k!!!!!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey sifus out there.
i need ur help
how do i clean my fuel injectors myself using household appliences.
i prefer to do it myself rather than sending it to the workshop

your help is much appreciated.thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience