Merdeka Race

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by SpeedWanker@Sep 1 2004, 12:32 PM
but IMHO i think the biggest fuck up was SIC placing Jeff Amin as clerk of the course.. he's just full of it :ph34r:
Why do you say so? Was it something he did? IMHO i find him approachable and very humble.

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
What are the main diff between a car prepped for endurance race and one prepped for sprint race? Obviously reliability is crucial and what are the steps taken to stretch the life of the car from 15 laps to 200+ laps?

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
talking from experience ...sprintrace modify kau kau...endurance race go junk shop look for one nice engine, plonk it in of you go..unless you send your engine to
real engineers other than Ah Kow under the tree the chances of engine lasting not very good.
eg. Yellow Toyota SEG Car No.86 blew 4 engines prior to race including 1 in qualifying....all 4 engines when through the works but lasted only abt 20-30 laps
On eve of race no choice had to simply get one standard engine from junkyard
and plonk it in.......finished the race 15th overall if Im not mistaken and 4th in class. I went through the same thing last year.

Anyway this was my experience and my 2 cents.

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by chooz@Sep 1 2004, 10:16 PM
man.. isnt it illegal to change the engine in the race huh?
:blink:
Last year no problem this year yes. This year can fix but cannot change that also goes for the gearbox (this ruling was the downfall of the Lambo as the gearbox is very complicated and can be done only by the factory they had spare gearboxes but were not allowed to use it). Before the race you can change engine at the discretion of the stewards..eg. engine breaks (block pecah) during qualifying (as in the case of the Toyota SEG (#86)) but it has to be done before the race proper.

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
wow, they blew 4 engines eh? did they find out what was wrong? they were definitely fast in the practice sessions.

also wonder what happened to sabelt.

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
XXX,
This year you no join ka ?? saving big big budget to spend for next year ka ?? kekeke .. yeah such a pity yellow SEG they were hoping for at least podium finish this year with the race prepared engine but somehow something went wrong somewhere with the engine ... at least this still managed to finish the race though no podium la .. but what happen to the while levin ae101 .. williams team if not mistaken ... heard their car was quite fast during practise/qualifying round ?

kenboy,
congrats on your finish as well .. round two next year ?? B)

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by XXX+Sep 1 2004, 01:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XXX @ Sep 1 2004, 01:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SpeedWanker@Sep 1 2004, 12:32 PM
but IMHO i think the biggest fuck up was SIC placing Jeff Amin as clerk of the course.. he's just full of it :ph34r:
Why do you say so? Was it something he did? IMHO i find him approachable and very humble. [/b][/quote]
well there're a few points like placing a ban for using radios at the very last minute without no good explaination, not allowing crew to work after midnight, etc.. well maybe its personal.. i guess i should not have posted my remark..sorry...

chooz

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
klang valley
members.cardomain.com
Originally posted by Kenboy@Sep 2 2004, 09:58 AM
wow, they blew 4 engines eh? did they find out what was wrong? they were definitely fast in the practice sessions.

also wonder what happened to sabelt.
he got 46th overall
bad luck in the final 5mins as somebody hit the back of the car thus spinning it out of the race...

here some lovely r3 girls... hehe..

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by yolk@Sep 2 2004, 10:45 AM
XXX,
This year you no join ka ?? saving big big budget to spend for next year ka ?? kekeke .. yeah such a pity yellow SEG they were hoping for at least podium finish this year with the race prepared engine but somehow something went wrong somewhere with the engine ... at least this still managed to finish the race though no podium la .. but what happen to the while levin ae101 .. williams team if not mistaken ... heard their car was quite fast during practise/qualifying round ?

kenboy,
congrats on your finish as well .. round two next year ??  B)
Yolk,

Ada join tapi takda drive, 10 minutes before my turn to drive, car never came back....#@%*^ (below is what I was suppose to drive). Last minute call up on the eve of qualifying. Never drove the car before straight do qualifying did 2:44.3 on the 3rd lap of 6 and then came in, I was doing the same times as the 1st driver but could have done better with a few more laps, as there was no reason for me to stress the car out I stopped at that.
Kennys car lagi laju he did a 2:40 compared to William 2:44

Speedwanker,

The radio thingy was not a last minute decision, It was never mentioned in the ASR. Last year it was mentioned thats why we were allowed to use.
They were just trying to be fair to the others who does not have sophisticated radio sets as compared to the bigger teams. In fact there was a request to the stewards to allow the use of radios but some drivers themselves disagreed to it,
If there was no objection at all then the radios would have been allowed.
So at the end of the day it was the drivers calling not SIC.
If you were at the drivers briefing than I think you would understand better.

AccordR

Racecraft Staff
Nov 18, 2003
but in the end, they came up with an ASR to allow class O and class A to use the radio. At first during the drivers' briefing, Jeff said very clearly that he's the boss, and as long as he receives an objection, he will not allow it to be used. Then suddenly during race day, they came up with an ASR to say that rule # in FIA Rules allow class A & O to use.... before that they kept saying that there was no such thing.... looks like Jeff and the Stewards don't really know their stuff... :unsure:

:D

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
on night before race, one of the competitors wrote a petition to the stewards about allowing driver to pit radios. abt 50++ competitors signed the petition. since all the A+O class agreed on the radios, the stewards allowed it. but since not all the class B+C competitors agreed, therefore it was not allowed in these classes.

it was the competitors call. the stewards are doing the best they can, give em a chance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys...

I sprayed my car 3 months ago, replacing new bonnet as paint sifu said if it's already rusted then he can't guaranteed that it won't come out again... so i took in his advice, and change a after market wira hood for rm200, but one month ago, it's starter to have those pimple things came out, and recently it's spreading and got around 5~6 pimples on my hood, i bring my car back to pain sifu and he said he never face this kind of problem before...
The inner side hood was stuffed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience