Merdeka Race

Defi

Jan 18, 2004
anyone knows the results for MME 2004 ? thx

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by MK84@Aug 31 2004, 02:15 PM
Heheh, next time you get the chance, ask who built the engine.

*hint* They usually build twin-turbo 3.0 engines for some champhionship abroad.
Who? Brain not working todaylah.. today Merdeka brain also merdekalah :)

Defi,

for results go to MME Results

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
The bodyshells WERE built in Melaka and the car was stripped of soundproofing, and the roll cage was welded in by the very same guys who work on the assembly line every single day. Anyway, yeah of course the track car isn't 100% like the showroom car! I think Temple Of VTEC should have a complete review on the car soon.

If I'm not mistaken, the engine was balanced, assembled and blueprinted by Mugen. Actually there were lots of faster, more powerful cars. HMRT was consistent and had good pit work. Their lap times ranged from 2:31 to 2.36, but made up for it with good refuelling & wheel/tyre change. Many privateers had engines which were a lot more highly tuned compared to the HMRT cars.

Car #26 (Kunimitsu) used white Enkei ES Tarmac wheels, and Car #27 used silver Enkei RPF1 wheels. The pit crew chiefs for both cars, are the everyday tech trainers for HMSB. Closest thing we had to a 'works' team, with an almost completely volunteer bunch of members, most of whom had never been in a race team before.

In any case I think the guys put in a lot of volunteer hard work, putting in long hours after office hours for 3 months, and deserve their 1st & 3rd overall finish.

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by scudracer@Aug 31 2004, 10:21 PM
Actually there were lots of faster, more powerful cars. HMRT was consistent and had good pit work. Their lap times ranged from 2:31 to 2.36, but made up for it with good refuelling & wheel/tyre change. Many privateers had engines which were a lot more highly tuned compared to the HMRT cars.

Helloooo! alot more powerful cars??
Other than the Amprex Lambo, Eric Yeos GT3 (#17), JP Chin's GT3 (#19)
GT3 (#18) and the Radical, HMRT Hondas were the next quickest. Ok leave out Class O. JP's GT3 fastest time was 2:27.864, GT3 #18- 2:27.399 the Hondas were #27- 2:31.075, #26- 2:31.576
Only the Porches, the Radical and the Lambo were quicker than the Hondas but hey, they are a different league.
So what do you mean by more powerful cars the EVO's , Subarus or the Lotuses??
Car #10 EVO8 driven by Karamjit fastest 2:32.603
Car #12 Lotus Exige driven by T. Djan fastest 2:33.335
And this guys are no slouch.So what are you trying to imply.

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
Yeah, M-TEC/Mugen.

Well, not trying to imply anything but just to say that it was hard work and team effort, to dispel the implications by some people that the car was

A. F1 of roadcars (??)
B. NOT built in Melaka

In any case ... I have to give my respect as the other cars WERE more powerful in terms of engine output power. No doubt about it there eh?

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Thats what Im trying to say those cars were respected cars in the first
place but SOME PEOPLE had to go beat around the bush and say the car not powerfullah but..................................................................................
And hello its F1 of production racing cars not road cars!! ( I was being sarcastic
if you didnt get it.)
I think I did mention CKD.
The times speak for themselves.

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Did some search, results can be found here : http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/motorsports/...4_RaceClass.pdf

Dear Tripple X, what is your point in your arguments on scud's postings? Is it not fair to you that the winning team won? Does it matter whether it's f1 of roadcars or someone says it's built in kuala kubu baru? I say this cuz if i were from the team and read your posting, i'd b quite heartached. For me, i think all podium winners and teams deserve the respect and not someone saying oh! this and oh! that. :P :P :P No offence yah :)

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
I dunno and I dun wan to know as far as a circuit race is concerned I see the times.
Whats the point of a 500ps car doing 2:59's when a 200ps car can do 2:40's.
Just like top speed whats the use if your car can reach 240kmh When I already reach Seremban you only hit your 240k.
Any way no hard feelings, Just my 2 cents. B)

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by KillerB@Sep 1 2004, 12:53 AM
Did some search, results can be found here : http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/motorsports/...4_RaceClass.pdf

Dear Tripple X, what is your point in your arguments on scud's postings? Is it not fair to you that the winning team won? Does it matter whether it's f1 of roadcars or someone says it's built in kuala kubu baru? I say this cuz if i were from the team and read your posting, i'd b quite heartached. For me, i think all podium winners and teams deserve the respect and not someone saying oh! this and oh! that. :P :P :P No offence yah :)
Killer B

If you read my postings again properly then you will understand better.
I am happy that Honda won dont misunderstand but I just felt that scudracer
was trying to be over modest thats all.
eg. You are good but you tell people you are no good so that people will come and tell you nolah you are good......what the hell Im writing I dunno Ive just confused myself :D

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
Well, my frame of mind might be a bit skewed because I know a lot of the guys on the team were really saddened when a newspaper reported that "the cars were flown in from Japan"!!

Imagine how to explain to your spouse that you've been toiling away at late hours, until early morning, and then suddenly in the papers, it says otherwise? There was lots of weird talk in the pitlane too. A friend of mine said she heard a bunch of guys saying that there's "No such thing as a 2.0 Civic, only 1.7".

With so much disinformation flying around, please forgive me if I'm a bit defensive. The drivers really practiced getting the right lines, and even when the car had tyre problems, they went around in a Stream, to familarise themselves.

It was a lot of hard work but then when you win, people come up with stuff like "Oh its cos they've got factory support", which is true but that doesn't guarantee a win, and the Porsche/Lambo guys had a LOT more money pumped into the race. Others say, "Oh everything is race prepared in Japan", which is really UNTRUE.

Just want to clarify things, that's all.

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Ok point taken. Like I said its my 2 cents and maybe bcos Im still feeling pissed for not being able to drive that day bcos the car conked before my stint and Im letting out my 'Geramness' in words and its just unlucky it had to be you.

Cheers.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
woah!
XXX

okie everything cool now :)

i'd honestly respect the Hondas (HMRT) very fast and reliable (again!!!) shite.....

one of the more professional teams around.
WRC Motorsports? the mechanics are a bunch of fuck-ups!
intercooler hoses popping off, wheels coming off, intercom not plugged in.. bunch of screwed up geniuses!

and oh, i work with them, i was time-keeper for team NRT (NAM Racing Team) and it was KiMi (Hakimi) that got 2.32's not Karamjit.. Karam was doing 2.36+
at least this year has less tension on our side from slightly better logistic organising. sigh.... DNF again!

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
but IMHO i think the biggest fuck up was SIC placing Jeff Amin as clerk of the course.. he's just full of it :ph34r:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone here try to convert their signal bulb to LED? but hyper blink occur? share how do you solve. there some solutions on youtube but yeah lets talk about it..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience