Merdeka Race

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
why sighhhhhhhhhhhhhlah. Next event Proton 300km not entering?
There is a drive available but u will need to fork out 5k. 1.6 class.

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
hmmm..... agree with u on how much improvement over BTSC.. but to have an international circuit and have an incapable person there is a waste...

how many entrants in class B and C? where in the books and regulations does it state that it only requires 3 ppl's protest for a change in regulations? integrity? he shouldnt have even mentioned that two mins for the teams to think about it... common sense and as an 'experienced' person, he should've just asked all the teams during the drivers briefing and judge with his 'wisdom' on a majority stand on it..... oh well...

btw, Amprex Diff got blown and they didnt have a spare....

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
What regulations?? In the first place the regulation was RADIOS WERE NOT ALLOWED the competitors made a request for it and Jeff just said that if any body objects than the REGULATION stays
As far as I heard from Hong Heng Soon who is The Amprex Team Manager and my buddy that ruling spoiled it all for them.
And as for the HMRT Hondas being locally done.....word came out from the horses mouth that that car was a CBU flown in and when it landed on our shores no one was allowed to touch it except the Mugen Engineers........it was all a marketing ploy to tell the masses that the car was done locally to boost confidence in locally assembled Honda cars.
Anyway Im out of this thread looks like Im talking to a bunch of ................

CIAO

Demon

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.three-sixty.com.my
xxx,

we're all having a nice debate, and sharing our views, opinions, experiences and so on.... theres no need to state stuff like; ".....Anyway Im out of this thread looks like Im talking to a bunch of ................" or get angry.. thats how forums benefit members of the forum, by being given an opportunity to discuss and debate on anything n everything... if my thoughts on how the race went offended u in anyway, u have my apologies...

i dont have to brag about who i know and so on and so forth, but a couple of forummers here would vouge for how i know the diff got blown..

again, my apologies if i offended u in anyway xxx, and good luck for the 300km race.

cheers!

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
.............nice guys.

welding bits from an earlier weld on the casing got loose and got between the gears..............I was there when they opened it up and dicovered the problem.

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
XXX, you were talking to the wrong horse. Which horse told you this anyway? BS, or in this case Horse Dung! Give me the name of the person who told you this. Please!

Why don't you come over to HMSB's Petaling Jaya office and take a look at the cars, and check the chassis numbers? "Only Mugen engineers could touch the car?" Come on! First of all, technical advice/technology transfer was by Team Kunimitsu/Mooncraft and NOT Mugen!! Secondly, the CBU Civic Ferio in Japan is only available in 1.5 and 1.7 litres. ONLY Malaysia and Thailand build 2.0 Civics.

Why do you insist on this 'Flown in from Japan' story and refuse to accept the fact that Malaysians can do something good? We all know it was not 100% done by Malaysians, as many of them had never even set foot in Sepang prior to volunteering for HMRT. Why this attitude of "If it's done here, it can't be good" Don't belittle the hard work of dozens of people by spreading lies, please!!

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
come on guys...the team HRM already won the race..who cares, just dont look at their engine but they have the best team and package!

Ohh yeah btw, anyone here already have a partner for the 300KM race in PG?

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
No need names but the drivers themselves......

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
Are you trying to tell me that one of the drivers THEMSELVES told you that:

1) The car was CBU, built up in Japan and flow in
2) Only Mugen engineers were allowed to touch it

Which driver?
Takahashi Kunimitsu?
Hidetoshi Mitsusada?
Tommy Lee?
Hiroki Katoh?
Eddie Lew?
Farriz Fauzy?

And you still believe in this fairy tale eh, and you've been telling everyone this story? Check your facts, dude. If a driver did tell, please name the driver! Otherwise I would consider this yet another LIE!

Read http://asia.vtec.net/article/MME2004Race/index.html

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
either Im the liar or the drivers who told me this are liars...
so I leave it at that........and no, other than this thread Ive not been telling everyone this story but infact been hearing stories.

But whatever the case Im not here to belittle HMRTs victory. They won it fair and square and they were a force to reckon with in the first place
but why the need to always hype on the bcos its a "local team" we must give them extra credit we must be extra proud when we all only know half the story. Do you know that whats published in the media are normally through press releases written either by the company themselves or the Ad agency and normally its what they want published.

I think the reason here for the hype about being "local" is either way its a win win situation.....Loose: aiyah we all "local team" mah...Win: We all "local team" you know..in that way Honda Japan dont drop waterface.

but come to think of it all the teams were local even team Amprex were ran by Malaysians

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
Without prejudice, I must say that your stance from the start has been to tell so convincingly, what is just a rumour, and a lie. The person who told you this is either clueless, or I daresay, a liar. But for what reason this lie was told, I don't know. Why, when challenged to give facts or name names, you resort to 'A little bird told me' stand? Do you have chassis numbers to prove it was CBU and not Melaka assembled CKD? Can you name 'the driver' who told you the story?

Yes I do know what a press release is, but the Star article which mentioned the cars were CBU, flown in from Japan was sadly, incorrect reporting. But why do you automatically assume what was told to the media and the public was BS, and as you said, "we all only know half the story"? Did you read the WongKN article which I posted (check the link above).

I guess you just have some prejudicial sentiment deep inside, to automatically brand them as giving a phony story ... as you put it. "it was all a marketing ploy to tell the masses that the car was done locally to boost confidence in locally assembled Honda cars"

Well this lie has been perpetuated by you, whether you realise it or not, whether within this forum or not and it's a disgrace to all who've worked hard at what they did. Sorry but I know what I know, and I must voice my total disagreement with what you've posted on this subject, and until you present factual evidence, you must be considered incorrect, posting irresponsible, unfair and slanderous comments.

XXX

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Im not saying what the media was saying is BS..but as normal as any report in the media is concern its always half the story...thats why we all know only half the story.
In order to protect "the little bird" , I admit Ive been incorrect, posting irresponsible, unfair and slanderous comments.

The END

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
you know what guys?

methinks, (separate topic ;) )
we should at least support the organisers' slightly higher safety standard requirements and keeping to that, as i noticed,

we've drivers and refuellers that:

don't really have a FIA-spec fireproof suit
don't really have a decent standard (British at least!) helmet. SiRiM won't cut it..
no fire-proof balaclava..
FIA-spec shoes

sigh.

our Malaysian attitude towards safety must change for the better.

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
I bought the latest issue of Autocar Asean Edition and inside there is a Honda brochure which has a small article on Honda's racing activities in Malaysia.

Basically, Honda's announcement to the public is that the Honda Malaysia Racing Team is using the Pagoh-assembled Civic with a 230bhp K20 2.0 i-VTEC engine tuned by M-TEC Co. Ltd, Brembo brakes, Enkei rims and weighs only 980kg.

ninja, u r rite. If you can't afford basic proper safety equipment like FIA approved fire extinguisher, FIA fire retardant suit, balaclava & gloves, etc, then don't enter FIA sanctioned events and complain about the cost of racing. MME is supposed to be the premier event of Malaysian saloon car racing so the race steward should have adhered 100% to the FIA regulations, esp related to safety.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how do i plug in my portable DVD player into the main HU?

where to conect the audio in/out?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience