looking for suspension bushing set & absorber

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
Fellow bros,

Mana mahu cari full suspension bushing set? Original or now with that synthetic polymer thingy.
Anybody change their original shock absorber before? If so where and how much for Front & Rear?

Help Much appreciated.

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Recommendations: If you want to change the bushing, stick with rubber. TRD bushes are hard rubber (shore 90) and is properly R&D'd and most probably using the original drawings.

PU bushes are not good. THey are too hard. They require lubrication. And they will harden and crack with time. No matter what sales rubbish you might hear from people that sell them, do stay away.

wmb3223

Known Member
Dec 20, 2008
Puchong
Fellow bros,

Mana mahu cari full suspension bushing set? Original or now with that synthetic polymer thingy.
Anybody change their original shock absorber before? If so where and how much for Front & Rear?

Help Much appreciated.
I got a set of for front and rear from KYB is same manufacture as the TRD sportivo if interested can please let me knw as in jst selling cheap.......:proud:

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Ohh interesting! Can you share a bit more info pls? How much, where are they manufactured, are they the same shore hardness, and which bushes exactly ie lower arms, upper arms, swaybar mounts, etc

Thanks.

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
Thanks for the tip bro, will stick to Rubber bushing. :burnout:
Next question, where to get it? Wing Heng?

And for the shocks, KYB actually makes replacements OEM for altezza? Must be difficult to cari?

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Fellow bros,

Help Much appreciated.
Bro
Last time I checked with ST Auto 4 shocks = RM 2K. So I put Tein which is relatively cheaper than stock. RM 3K+. Sumore can adjust height and hard\soft. Think about it.:hmmmm:

wmb3223

Known Member
Dec 20, 2008
Puchong
Thanks for the tip bro, will stick to Rubber bushing. :burnout:
Next question, where to get it? Wing Heng?

And for the shocks, KYB actually makes replacements OEM for altezza? Must be difficult to cari?

When u look at sportivo there is the templet at the shock below together with TRD then KYB is OEM for the TRD and of cozz the price with TRD cost u triple or more due to the branding, for an example of manufacture like JASMA doing OEM for HKS, FGK, TRD & Apexi on their pipe and exhaust............ comon knowledge :biggrin:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
Careful here.....Kayaba and tokico also make absorbers for TRD... BUT what specifications went into them you dont know.Anyways Kayaba and Tokico also made in malaysia by APM for OEM market.Oem shocks and TRD shocks totally different feel altogether.....Good luck to you!!!

wmb3223

Known Member
Dec 20, 2008
Puchong
Careful here.....Kayaba and tokico also make absorbers for TRD... BUT what specifications went into them you dont know.Anyways Kayaba and Tokico also made in malaysia by APM for OEM market.Oem shocks and TRD shocks totally different feel altogether.....Good luck to you!!!
What u say is true 1j.... but mine is KYB templet Made in Japan... and i did try it before as is similar like the sportivo as i'm using to compare with.... u shld get more information before any quoted... realy as we need to be carefull whn purchase anything from our $$$ as there will be a waist if nt at our favor wit the item tht bought...... this is getting out from half cut as i dont see there is any problem with the confidence with it as u may said if Japan thn buy frm malaysia after tht templet OEM KYB japan??? lol :hmmmm:..... , anyway is a gd advice frm 1jz

E S K A Y

Oct 29, 2006
:hmmmm: JASMA stands for Japanese Automotive Sports Muffler Association;
i don't think it's an OEM manufacturer.

altezza8448

Aug 14, 2007
Damn, I am confused but the bottom line is the original shock almost cost as much as Tein adjustables. Hmm??? Anybody setup the Tein to the same ride height as the standard setup? M'sia road are horrible, I'm alway scrapping speed bumps.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi,
I adjusted my Tein SS height back to original. No problem so far.....handling is very good.

pk47

1,000 RPM
Jun 8, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
where to get Tein SS cheaper? Other place beside N1.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,
just want to ask whats is there to upgrade for the Evo 8 fq400?? bigger turbos?? BTW, where can get this car..??? fq400 model.. really interested with this Evo..:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience