TRD suspension bushings

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
Hi all..

Toyota only sell the bushing with arms..hence can be costly..and no poitn if the arms are still OK..

TRD sells them separately but i'm not sure which I should buy..

Of course ideally is to change everthing which will cost 4-5k..

in the TRD website, there is a set called "suspension bushings"...cost about RM1.5k for complete. Will changing these only, and not the rest be OK?

TO be honest, i dont know what the rest of the bushings are for..but there are certainly a lot of them for altezza..

tengsh

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
Bro u can check with Steven 012-366 8317 n Julian 012-395 7336...... both of them already change their to TRD bushings........

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
thanks..
but have a feeling these fellas went for the complete set...which will cost a bomb!

leofric32

Known Member
May 25, 2006
what is the reason you want to change the bushing? If there is sound, go to ask the mechanics to check which cause the sound and then buy those only. most time, the lower arm bushes are the cause.

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
i think its kinda hard for mechanics to pin point exactly which ones to change..
its common that when you change to new absorbers, noises and flimsiness of the suspension system become more apparent. thats what i feel after changing to new teins..

talking about sound there is another one that has been bugging me. its this click click sound when braking. everyone say its the brake pads moving in the caliper but i've tried greasing and also insert adhesive shim pads between the pads..

sound still there. can only hear it during braking. its quite loud, knocking metal sound. almost as if there is a spring somewhere in the rear..

anyone can help?

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
i think its kinda hard for mechanics to pin point exactly which ones to change..
its common that when you change to new absorbers, noises and flimsiness of the suspension system become more apparent. thats what i feel after changing to new teins..

talking about sound there is another one that has been bugging me. its this click click sound when braking. everyone say its the brake pads moving in the caliper but i've tried greasing and also insert adhesive shim pads between the pads..

sound still there. can only hear it during braking. its quite loud, knocking metal sound. almost as if there is a spring somewhere in the rear..

anyone can help?
Bro,

u need to change all the loose component attached to the brake caliper which consist of metal plates and accessories........i believe william from trial tuning have 1 set ...... sold already or not i m not sure

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
u know exactly which part?
coz last i checked, there was nothing in the caliper that has any free play..
will check with william when i go there