looking for commends on Vios

cl_wajaEvO

Dec 3, 2005
hai, everybody! i,m planning to buy a 2nd-hand Vios, does anybody has experience v VIos before? how is it's overall handling experience? what are the common problems that it has?
Thanks. hv a nice day!!

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
im not a vios owner..but frm the looks and being in one a couple of times...i can say its a damn good car..! :biggrin:

tat's all u need to be a believer :dancing2:

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
vios is a good car..and is great to drive..also looks good..

look into the city VTEC as well..

kapitan

Known Member
Dec 29, 2003
Visit site
Vios is great but let say if u plan to carry more than 2 most of the time, take a tour to Honda showroom and look at City.. way more spacious..

Some ppl complain Vios floaty, some complained not fuel efficient as City, some said this n etc..

For me.. I think its good.. comfort n can drive quite wild when needed..
I never had problems with it.. but it all depends on luck lar..
Whether what ppl said also dont give a damn lar.. if wanna compare both vios n city, sure until next year also got comparison.. to me, both are good cars.. better than Wira that I last drove for the last two years..

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
at the rate used vios going now, it wud be a fantastic buy!!

avoid E spec, G spec is a must!! still, i doubt vios will win city vtec in terms of acceleration.

but spec to spec, vios is better equipped. but the centre instrument meter is not to everybody's liking. go for a test drive first at any UMW toyota's branch. they wont charge u a single cent for that.

simply tell the sales person " i am thinking of buying a honda city. but a fren said vios also good. so, i wanna compare. i need a test drive"

he he he..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
My opinion? Slap some bodykits on it... n some 17" rims.

But... the centre meter console is a BIG turn OFF! YUCKS!

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
the torque of my mom' vios is pretty impressive really
gave my own GTi a run for its money...seriously i am impressed with dvvt
and it's only 1.5. so really worth it
but i had never try a vtec city though...but my gf's idsi city...err...i haf to say the dvvt wins hands down in terms of torque
but then again...city fuel consumption damn good weiiiiiiiii

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
The Vios runs very well up to 80kmh... then its a a slow climb to 110kmh... after that it takes off like normal again all the way to 180+. No idea why.

If you spend some money on getting a good set of lowering + slightly stiffer springs, and add a front strutbar/stiffen chassis, the Vios can be a pretty good sporty drive. No idea what springs though. The original chassis has way too much body roll for my liking, and is a tad tall.

The car also suffers from some UMW quality problems. Do a search on past threads and read up if you would like to know more. Overall a good car, but there are better deals in the 80-100k market segment IMO.

cl_wajaEvO

Dec 3, 2005
thanks

thanks..hv a nice day

cl_wajaEvO

Dec 3, 2005
thanks, but city's curve doesn't attract me as much as vios did, anyway i'll hv a try on it. Hv a nice day

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
i believe that Vios got turbo version rite?? but too bad not in malaysia market... heheehee :p

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
d3s said:
i believe that Vios got turbo version rite?? but too bad not in malaysia market... heheehee :p

yup...got..i think its available in thailand or indonesia..not too sure...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
BlackSamurai said:
Too bad VIOS @ Malaysia doesn't come with the cool electronic centre console like what Philipines have.. that's cool for me. http://www.toyota.com.ph/showroom/Vios/kce_3.html
singapore G spec Vios does come with LCD display. makes me wonder, how come m'sian spec does not?

and there are turbocharged vios in thailand, but they're using aftermarket turbo and not OEM. malaysia also can maa... malaysia boleh.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

SUBANG JAYA: A 28-year-old computer engineering assistant, who was hit on the head with a steering wheel lock two days ago, succumbed to his injuries at Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL).

Muhammad Nazri Ismail, who is a member of the Umno Youth branch in Jalan Kenanga, Cheras, died at about 1.30am yesterday. He had a deep gash at the back of the head.

Subang Jaya deputy OCPD Supt Kamal Rosli Skymmar A. Wahab Skymmar said that at 8.30am on Tuesday, the public alerted police that a man had been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience