Life is REALLY Tough in Singapore.......

Life is REALLY Tough in

• Singapore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malaysia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dear bro escksu,

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but you're definitely not alone!

I am pretty much in the same situation as you except that I am down under.

What makes it worse is the fact that I have to pay around AUD$500 in tax + super every fortnight minus the fact that I have to some times endure racial abuses and unfair treatment at the workplace.

Nevertheless, Malaysia is where my heart is. I'll reclaim her once my contract is over!!!!
I believe many would still want to live in own country. Coz there's where we grow up, where we do idiotic things when we were teenagers, and where we have the most friends. Home sweet home

intrigue

Known Member
Jan 2, 2004
hmm... i beg to differ. In Singapore when you are earning 3K and 3K in MYR. In SG, you would get to use that in a better manner than in MY. Even a normal grocery shopping would cost at least RM200+ where else in SG, it might not even cost that much.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
But pay packet is big. right?
Not really, frankly, my pay is only a miserable 2.2K per month...... Counting in OT I get around just 2.4-2.5K..... Thats very very little and barely sufficient to survive in SG where things are so expensive.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear bro escksu,

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but you're definitely not alone!

I am pretty much in the same situation as you except that I am down under.

What makes it worse is the fact that I have to pay around AUD$500 in tax + super every fortnight minus the fact that I have to some times endure racial abuses and unfair treatment at the workplace.

Nevertheless, Malaysia is where my heart is. I'll reclaim her once my contract is over!!!!
But your pay packet should be pretty huge.....

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Not really, frankly, my pay is only a miserable 2.2K per month...... Counting in OT I get around just 2.4-2.5K..... Thats very very little and barely sufficient to survive in SG where things are so expensive.
Oh! if SGD2.2k only, then not that much.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Not easy life in SG whereby a lot of us Malaysians dying to migrate or even work there to get a PR.
Double the pay in terms of currency but still bores down the same thing. Unless u willing to sacrifice time and energy staying in JB.

Then wake up 4.30am in the morning to drive to Singapore...Reach home after mandi makan, adi 10pm. Next day repeat the same again. More money...worth it to do so? Still at the end of the day. Is just the same.

Just have to look at the positive things of your country then u will feel better, though is not much but if were to compare with
poorer or worse countries, Singapore and Malaysia is a better place to live in...

Nicholl

Aug 28, 2012
new york, NY
i have been to malaysia and honestly speaking that life is too tough in that country as being the muslim country there is too much corruption in that country. there is always a fear of robbery and kidnapping especially the case of human traficking and forceful prostitution is at the peak in this country. food , housing is too costly in this country i will say that its impossible for a middle class person to survive in this country. in these comparisons Singapore is far better than malaysia.

Click on this Get more info.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not easy life in SG whereby a lot of us Malaysians dying to migrate or even work there to get a PR.
Double the pay in terms of currency but still bores down the same thing. Unless u willing to sacrifice time and energy staying in JB.

Then wake up 4.30am in the morning to drive to Singapore...Reach home after mandi makan, adi 10pm. Next day repeat the same again. More money...worth it to do so? Still at the end of the day. Is just the same.

Just have to look at the positive things of your country then u will feel better, though is not much but if were to compare with
poorer or worse countries, Singapore and Malaysia is a better place to live in...
Yup, money or a good way of life?
My wife's cousin just resigned from her better paying job. She used to work in PJ, stays in Klang. Then got good offer to work in KL. Lasted 6 months only. Seems she goes to work early in the morning, before her kids even wakes up, and by the time she gets back the kids have gone to bed, so she decided to resign from that job....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, money or a good way of life?
My wife's cousin just resigned from her better paying job. She used to work in PJ, stays in Klang. Then got good offer to work in KL. Lasted 6 months only. Seems she goes to work early in the morning, before her kids even wakes up, and by the time she gets back the kids have gone to bed, so she decided to resign from that job....
Yes, cuz is just a job that will last until you retire. Unless you are saying a career/job that only take few years to sacrifice for a better life..then is worth it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
depend on ur spending power as well, i got few frens earning normal sing dollar 2.4k, live in singapore, manage to even go for a holiday, guess money management is more imp...
Depends on how one manage, some manage until suffer like hell just to go to a place as holiday.
Then some come back, full of debts...

More examples in my company...u can hear them saying go travel here and there...come back
complain got lot of debts need to settle...

I don't call that life. Live within your means is more like it and work your way up
towards what you want. Not spend Future Money and then start complaining/whining or some
even end up forever in debts until they retire...

Credit Card = Licensed Ah Long only...in fact interest is high as well.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on how one manage, some manage until suffer like hell just to go to a place as holiday.
Then some come back, full of debts...

More examples in my company...u can hear them saying go travel here and there...come back
complain got lot of debts need to settle...

I don't call that life. Live within your means is more like it and work your way up
towards what you want. Not spend Future Money and then start complaining/whining or some
even end up forever in debts until they retire...

Credit Card = Licensed Ah Long only...in fact interest is high as well.
Not only holidays. Keeping up with the Jones is worse. Two of my sales personnel likes changing cars, carries the latest gadgets, phones etc., and both have trouble with Card payment. Recently one even went into hiding. Seems he borrowed a lot from Ah Long. Some staffs also lent him money, so all burnt.....:banghead:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I guess you still have to shave of the 20% CPF contributions right if you are PR/resident.. so ya, if with that amount it's a bit hard to stay alive here but if with some good monetary management you should still be able to pull through.. just like my fren 1 month basic only $1.6k add OT only about $2k but he still manages to buy a yamaha Fazer bike.. but of course he is single la.. :)

Bro it depends what kinda work you are dealing with, not necessary to wake up at 4:30am except those factory workers who starts shift work at 7am or 8am. I myself start work between 8:30~9:00am and gets up at 6:15am latest still manages to arrive at work place by taking bus + mrt (provided mrt doesn't break down la..haha).. and this has been 8yrs of travelling for me from jb-sg.. been used to it already.. even now you ask me to stay in sg i also will not use too.. it's too boring where i can't drive my car out here and have mamak with my frens.. :driver:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Life is really tough in Singapore, it is even tougher in Malaysia.

I do think if the government had managed the country well our money wouldn't as worthless as today. You could compare that with Singapore or other countries which once was behind but now ahead of us.

Some idiots argue against stronger Ringgit might harm exports, that is due to we are trapped in the middle of nowhere to compete with China or Vietnam, Cambodia etc. We have not grown up to the high tech economy status as Dr M and now Najib vowed. The government is the biggest spender and debtor now. Lets see our roti canai will cost RM2 in no time when things go as it is.

escksu's S$2.2k in Singaore is way better than RM2.2k in Malaysia imo.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The reason probably you are here is may be you are wondering "What this Water less Car Wash is?"

Water less Car Wash though a new commercial concept, but it has been here since almost 20 years.

KKE Dry Wash liquid needs to sprayed on the car in segments and then wiped off using a clean Microfiber Towel.

Use strokes in one direction only.

For each stroke, a clean area of the microfiber should touch your car surface. Allow the liquid on car to dry if the dirt has been removed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience