mid life crisis??

hid3

Known Member
Aug 1, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
hi all,

i dont really know if i'm experiencing the above.. a bit of history on siew dai here.. i'm 31 this year.. married to a lovely wife.. planning to raise a family soon.. the only problem is i think my professional life.. i work in an company which is the IT hub servicing the 'spoke' companies in the Asian Region.. working as a business analyst to be exact... mainly tasked with gathering requirements, coming up with functional specs, liasing with users, testing, training.. yadda yadda... system is insurance based.. (start's with Life ehehe.. i'm sure some of you know what system is that). work is stressful.. long hours.. i work from 9:00am to at least 8:30pm earliest.. (very often its up to 10 - 11 PM latest was until 3:30 am) i didnt really mind the long hours when prior to my marriage.. but this is definitely taking a toll now.. i would really want to spend more time with with the mrs.. and if the little ones start popping out i dont think i will want to work such hours anymore..

i've tried searching for jobs but with my kind of experience.. makes it harder.. the industry is pretty nitched not to mention that i'm not technically superior.. i tried similar JD positions in other idustried like telecommunications and O&G but was subsequently rejected due to inexperience.. sigh.. ideally one would like to have worklike balance as well having an more than adequate paycheck.. however, is here such a khap lar jumping around???? this is my so called mid-life crises.. :banghead: anyone around my age care to share experience?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
hmm, to me, midlife crisis refers to buying things or doing things out of ur own routine life for the past 20yrs...

like when i'm 30, i'd wanna buy a yacht but dont know how to sail

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
hi all,

i dont really know if i'm experiencing the above.. a bit of history on siew dai here.. i'm 31 this year.. married to a lovely wife.. planning to raise a family soon.. the only problem is i think my professional life.. i work in an company which is the IT hub servicing the 'spoke' companies in the Asian Region.. working as a business analyst to be exact... mainly tasked with gathering requirements, coming up with functional specs, liasing with users, testing, training.. yadda yadda... system is insurance based.. (start's with Life ehehe.. i'm sure some of you know what system is that). work is stressful.. long hours.. i work from 9:00am to at least 8:30pm earliest.. (very often its up to 10 - 11 PM latest was until 3:30 am) i didnt really mind the long hours when prior to my marriage.. but this is definitely taking a toll now.. i would really want to spend more time with with the mrs.. and if the little ones start popping out i dont think i will want to work such hours anymore..

i've tried searching for jobs but with my kind of experience.. makes it harder.. the industry is pretty nitched not to mention that i'm not technically superior.. i tried similar JD positions in other idustried like telecommunications and O&G but was subsequently rejected due to inexperience.. sigh.. ideally one would like to have worklike balance as well having an more than adequate paycheck.. however, is here such a khap lar jumping around???? this is my so called mid-life crises.. :banghead: anyone around my age care to share experience?
i am pretty sure there's lot's more then just applying telcon base jobs around.

yeah i feel it too, but as a man u have to be strong & have the courage to overcome this... you are a man.. take it as a hurdle in ur life, am pretty sure ur wife knows u well enough about ur job, i am pretty sure she supports u mentally as well too..but heck, sometimes women does need more companion from their mates :biggrin:, yeah i been in that position also.. :stupid: but then over the years she knows and understands, so right now its weekends with her, meaning shopping laa, cinema laa, go here n there those kinda thingy..

dont worry, headhunters knows where to find you... u just have to apply more, and ur resume will be flying around..trust me, sometimes ppl will call me for a much better offer..if ngam just take it :biggrin: but u must bargain also laa about da work hours :rofl:

get more experiance first, like lets say about 1 more year or so...then go for greener pastures.. dont worry about ur wife, u are only doing whats best for your future and the family as well.

here also got a lot of mid life blokes maa :biggrin:

pk47

1,000 RPM
Jun 8, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
hahaha........uncle fred.
I just want to own the GT-R 35 in 3 years time, that is my wife, my life.........lol

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
same same...working in an oilrig company really take it's toll after marriage...1 year after cannot tahan especially when my son was born...went out to work at 6am and come back at 7pm...monday to sunday...sometime my son see me oso like dunno which uncle come visit...

quit the job (of cos la got savings) and now back in msia looking for slightly normal local job...

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
don't stop promoting ur resume..there are a lot more companies that'll take u..with the same or higher salary than what you get now..you just need to go to the right place..know the right people..and a bit of patient..

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
hmm, to me, midlife crisis refers to buying things or doing things out of ur own routine life for the past 20yrs...

like when i'm 30, i'd wanna buy a yacht but dont know how to sail
maybe i can recomend at lumut there :smokin:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
That is not mid life crisis la. After few years, you will be hoping to stay alone in stead of seeing the same face everyday :biggrin:

Some of the mid life crisis symptom are worry about job security, no mood for making love, spend money like nobody business, attempt to cosmetically make self become younger and etc.

The mid life crisis only appear once in a life time, enjoy it :rofl:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
That is not mid life crisis la. After few years, you will be hoping to stay alone in stead of seeing the same face everyday :biggrin:

Some of the mid life crisis symptom are worry about job security, no mood for making love, spend money like nobody business, attempt to cosmetically make self become younger and etc.

The mid life crisis only appear once in a life time, enjoy it :rofl:
Is that consider mid life crisis?? if so then i wish i can have my mid life crisis now cos i can't spend money like nobody business... LOL

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro , what you are facing is understandable....at time we wonder all those hours we spend in the office is to make money....in hopes to provide a better or more secure life for your family...in the end of the day...you must decide...is spending all your time on your career,and the money you earn is enough to compensate the time you have lost with your loved ones?for financial security?

Only you will know that answer,depending on the kind of lifestyle you have or plan to have in the future.

hid3

Known Member
Aug 1, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
ahaha.. seems like i'm not alone in this.. :biggrin:

actually neither the mrs nor i aim to have luxurious living conditions.. just wanna have cosy & comfortable lifestyle.. sort of looking at other options like opening a franchise or own business.. but i havent been a risk taker in my 31 years of life.. am not sure if i should take the plunge now..

anyway, will take all bros advise and let the resume fly about.. thanks for all advises.. really much appreciate. any recommended industries where there's no need to put in mad working hours? :D

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007

actually neither the mrs nor i aim to have luxurious living conditions.. just wanna have cosy & comfortable lifestyle.. sort of looking at other options like opening a franchise or own business.. but i havent been a risk taker in my 31 years of life.. am not sure if i should take the plunge now..

anyway, will take all bros advise and let the resume fly about.. thanks for all advises.. really much appreciate. any recommended industries where there's no need to put in mad working hours? :D
bank teller :biggrin:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
hummm...just my thought, but when ur working in customer service line, it considered normal to work for more than 12 hours a day, my father used to do it, now my brother is doin it, i used to do it to:stoned:, until i went in to the electrical line, now finish work, go straight to pubs in kepong to meet new and old customers and build connections... finish work early but go home later coz drinkin till 1 or 2 am:banghead:

oh and i thought mid life crisis is like buying a ferrari when ur like 55years old and can't really see a road... dating 18 yo chicks and so on...:biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh

Workshop or performance shop...hahahha... a place that you DONT MIND spending long hours :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

+ its family fun....wives and kids can lepak up stairs play ps or something...while you are downstairs racun-ing college students to buy performance parts !! best job ever...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Where do you go in Singapore to pimp your ride? Are there any clubs/groups/showcases of people that have pimped their ride?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience