Ducati Malaysia has just launched the CKD Ducati Diavel specifically for those who usually have a certain love-affair with their 2-wheeled crotch rocket over the weekend. And although many see the Diavel as a sport-cruiser – it is more widely revered as a single-seat power-cruiser instead.
<!--more-->The new CKD Diavel (Devil in the local Italian Bolognese dialect) now hails from an assembly plant located in Thailand, which Ducati uses as a distribution hub for Asia Pacific countries.
The Diavel got its name from a one of the Ducati technicians, after having seen the prototype, to which he quipped in Italian: “Ignurànt comm’ al diavel!” - “Evil, like the devil!” And so the project was thus named and subsequently stuck, till the covers where pulled off at the EICMA International Motorcycle Show in November of 2010, where the Diavel’s name was first officially mentioned.
A ‘devilish’ creation that bears significant resemblance to the Yamaha V-Max, the Diavel features all of Ducati’s latest technological wizardry, including ABS, Ducati Traction Control and Ducati Riding Modes; and it uses the same Testastretta 11-degree engine that’s found in the Multistrada – producing 162 horses and 127Nm of torque for something that weighs in at 210kg (dry).
The standard CKD Diavel will now set you back RM109,888 in it’s current dark guise but, if you’d like a little more pep as you twist the throttle open, there’s also the Carbon edition that comes fitted with a Termignoni exhaust as well as bits of carbon fibre and finally some dashes of red to help draw out your riding soul. All of those weight-saving bits get the Diavel’s weight down by 3kg to a dry weight of 207kg (the wheels alone are 2.5kg lighter).
Ducati Diavel / Diavel Carbon Specifications:
- Testastretta 11-degree L-twin cylinder 1,198.4cc
- 4-valve per cylinder Desmodromic liquid-cooled with lateral mounted radiators
- Ride-by-Wire with Mikuni throttle bodies and Mitsubishi EFI system
- Max power: 162hp @ 9,500rpm
- Max torque: 127Nm @ 8,000rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed unit with wet clutch and slipper action
- Dry weight: 210kg (207 kg for Diavel Carbon).
- Marzocchi 50mm fully adjustable USD forks
- Diamond-Like-Carbon (DLC) coated for Diavel Carbon (front)
- Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Sachs monoshock on aluminium single-sided swingarm (rear)
- 2 x 320mm semi-floating discs with Brembo Monoblock 4-piston and Bosch ABS (front),
- 265mm disc 2-piston floating calliper with Bosch ABS (rear)
- 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II (front),
- 240/45 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II (rear)
- RbW (Ride-by-Wire),
- ABS with three riding modes (Sport, Touring and Urban)
* Major service interval: 24,000km
* Warranty: Ducati two-year unlimited mileage.
Ducati Diavel - RM109,888
Ducati Diavel Carbon - RM126,888
Ducati Diavel AMG - Rm193,999
<iframe width="600" height="338" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/v3g1YDQtPBY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="600" height="338" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/k6VgMLkqlBo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
DUCATI DIAVEL (RM109,888)
DUCATI DIAVEL CARBON (RM126,888)
171 KB Views: 19