LAUNCH: The New 2012 Honda City - Where To Next? (From RM85,980 OTR)

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Ladies and gentlemen, Honda Malaysia is proud to present their newly revised and ever-popular and best selling CKD sedan that Honda says you will be able to experience economical driving within a spacious interior.

<!--more-->Powered by Honda’s SOHC i-VTEC 1.5L 4-banger, it still provides the best power output; 118bhp at 6,600rpm and 145Nm of torque at 4,800rpm, and comes in either the Grade S (Standard) or Grade E (Executive) variants with On-The-Road prices of RM85,980 and RM90,980 respectively.

The new City sports a new chromed front grille, paddle-shifters (only available in Grade E) to control that 5-speed automatic slush-box with Shift Hold Control, steering wheel mounted controls (only available in Grade E) and 16” alloy rims wrapped by 185/55 ContiPremiumContact 2 tyres with disc-brakes all-round.

However, there's also an additional styling package that's available from Honda Malaysia's Genuine Accessories provider - Modulo with the availability of adding a front lip, rear under spoiler, side-skirts, alloy pedals, illuminated side-steps, navigation system, trunk tray, door visors, a new front grille two types of rear spoilers and your choice of three matching child seats; all of which are available for an additional cost.

Honda has also made available an ECO indicator lap that comes as standard in both variants to let drivers know when they’re puttering along efficiently to help stretch your fuel usage for a longer distance.

But if it’s driving enjoyment that you require, then the 5-speed Auto-box with Paddle Shift should provide you with that sporty feeling that you so desire, that happens to come incorporated with the Shift Hold Control preventing the gearbox from shifting-up based on the steering angle.

Drive-By-Wire (DBW) technology is also standard in the New City, sending a signal to the throttle-body that’s dependant on the position of the accelerator pedal to get the new City (Curb weight: 1,140kg Grade E and 1160 Grade S) up to your desired cruising speed.

The new City’s exterior has had both the front and rear bumpers tweaked and the interior still provides that familiar feel of being in the a City except for its newly designed metallic instrument cluster that lights-up in a warmth of blue in the background, adding that nice touch of attention to detail. However, the interior undoubtedly still speaks of a City.

“The New City is an ideal car for Malaysians who appreciate attractive styling in a compact sedan, while maintaining practicality, comfort and an economical driving experience. It caters to both work and leisure activities,” Mr. Ueno added.

Spaciousness has always been a trademark of the City. During long journeys with the New City, passengers will never be restricted of space. The new centre headrest and centre seat, with three-point ELR seat belts are now available in the New City. The New City’s seats are designed for extreme comfort and practicality. Rides are comfortable with the seats’ soft cushioning and textured seating upholstery. The rear seats also retain City’s unique 60:40 seat configuration which extends the cargo space of this popular compact sedan even more.

The unique and useful under seat tray feature remains in the New City. The audio system in the New City is enhanced with an integrated audio system with built-in connectivity USB and AUX port, for your choice of listening pleasure when on the road.

There’s some additional safety features which includes a dual SRS airbag system, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), ISOFIX, Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA).

The New City is now available in 5 stylish colours: Sparkling Brown Metallic, Alabaster Silver Metallic, Polished Metal Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl and Taffeta White.

Best of all, new City owners will be able to enjoy Honda Malaysia’s new service package as announced by Mr. Ueno “In line with the launch of the New City, Honda Malaysia now offers a 5-year warranty with unlimited mileage for the New City customers who maintain their vehicle according to schedule. This new offer will enable customers to enjoy six times free labour service, up to 100,000km. The new after-sales package combined with our established network of 60 dealers nationwide, which are part of our ongoing efforts to make the ownership experience for our customers more enjoyable and even more affordable.”

For more information, please call Honda’s Toll Free number at 1-800-88-2020, or log on to www.honda.com.my

Price Summary (OTR w/out Ins):
* Honda City - RM85,980 (Grade S)
* Honda City - RM90,980 (Grade E)

Attachments

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so fugly man
Yeap, it get's even uglier than before, especially with that garish body kit! But no matter what body kits/wheels/wings/etc., IMHO this car will never look decent due to the already awful proportion of the frontal length vs rear length, & height vs width.

kenang83

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
this city still using old style player, now almost new model car have touch screen/ dvd plsyer.......

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Damn Nice!!! Love it if compared to the current model xD

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
wait?? this is new??? looks the same tho... get a old one and slap some bodykit on it i bet looks better and cheaper then this..

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Just like new camry, not rly a new car. Just more of a facelift. ahahhaha very smart though, using the word "Revised" as a cover up :p

Taro11

May 20, 2009
shah alam
i dont know why all new car model nowdays just upgrade bit here & there ( bodykit,lamp or what so ever)...save cost ah..or no more idea??

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
i dont know why all new car model nowdays just upgrade bit here & there ( bodykit,lamp or what so ever)...save cost ah..or no more idea??
its how they trying to increase the price. and untung more. slowly their car will exceed 100k. within 2yrs. new model should be more expensive than current model. for sho

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,dear all

My Lancer Gt is giving me a big headache! While I'm driving the brake warning display 'Check!' will come out on and off and it makes my cd player went off for second. Did anyone here experienced this before?I send to few different workshops to check but different technicians told me different things! I really need some advice now~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience