L2 / L5 ecu mod- no Boost CUT

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
L2 / L5 Ecu mod- No Boost cut

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all car mod...
Well I would like to share on the way and method to remove boost cut
for those that have transplanted turbo L2/L5 into their kancils.....

Actually it can be done very easily and cheap at the ECU aka computer box.
But not many ppl out there know the secret.... i have seached and yahooed and goggled, i know there is no FOC answer... malaysian are not like mat salleh, do not post up their diy projects. Maybe also because wanna make money....

You know after some reverse enginneering and checking what ppl do and charge RM150-300 is just a cheap RM0.50 DIODE!!!!

SO far I have done this modification for 5 kancils with L2 ecu with success.. 2 drag cars and 3 street running car.... all have confirm that no boost cut and rpm now cuts at 9500..a/f is good range and can feel the power...

Just image ....RM0.50 modification... so for those DIY, if you are interested... pls pm me...FOC

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Now only got free ... I spend this amount to during my youth for this so call Diode.

spec-c

1,500 RPM
May 21, 2008
TTDi
Hmm another way is to remove your TPS wire... but that brings 1001 problems...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
L2 / L5 Ecu mod- No Boost cut

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all car mod...
Well I would like to share on the way and method to remove boost cut
for those that have transplanted turbo L2/L5 into their kancils.....

Actually it can be done very easily and cheap at the ECU aka computer box.
But not many ppl out there know the secret.... i have seached and yahooed and goggled, i know there is no FOC answer... malaysian are not like mat salleh, do not post up their diy projects. Maybe also because wanna make money....

You know after some reverse enginneering and checking what ppl do and charge RM150-300 is just a cheap RM0.50 DIODE!!!!

SO far I have done this modification for 5 kancils with L2 ecu with success.. 2 drag cars and 3 street running car.... all have confirm that no boost cut and rpm now cuts at 9500..a/f is good range and can feel the power...

Just image ....RM0.50 modification... so for those DIY, if you are interested... pls pm me...FOC
if you're talking about the zener mod, you've got to consider fueling upgrades as well. by limiting the map sensor of the voltage, means the car's ecu is oso running 'blind' after so-so rpm.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Well, you are close but the value of the diode is important...
Knowing when the boost cut in ( in voltage) and then "clamping" it , is the trick.
So anything below the original boost cut limit will be normal( original A/f map).
Anything more than 1bar will definately needs to compensated... that is why minimun upgrade
after this will be at least a 5 button SAFC...
Anyway I have done a/f checking with wide band O2,...a/f ratio will not be a major issue with this mod...

Those that upgrade cc, and bigger turbos will definately have piggyback mgnt...

CONCLUSION: IF YOU VERY OFTEN RUN MORE THAN 1bar BOOST, PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR FUEL
MANAGEMENT. TQ...cara murah, tukar injector GSR/VR4 auto (RM150) @ masuk 5 Button SAFC.
(RM350-$450)... Too BAD ecu L2/L5 cannot "Chrome" or "HONDATA"... lucky also cos jimat duit dari caj "tuner" & "dyno"..... Jgn marah.. KUANG KUANG KUANG!!!

rudilaa

Oct 8, 2009
Terengganu
Thank You bro E-Tech,
your idea is working
I DIY today and
it tested and proved that the boost cut is gone.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Rudilaa...
You are Welcome!
Hope you received the files I send for you to DIY your 5 Button SAFC.

rudilaa

Oct 8, 2009
Terengganu
Terima kasih sekali lagi kepada bro E-Tech...

SAFC dah siap pasang... sendiri sambung jer, refer pada manual yang U bagi...
senang jer.... thank you bro...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
You are welcomed.
Now you can support your friends for these 2 DIYs.
Jangan sembileh tau---- upah rokok dan redbull cukuplah...
BR

BBRAYCER

3,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2009
KL
www.bbraycers.com
Testament to the boost cut technique by ETECH. Very good and clear and concise instrcutions to install. Engine never choked up to 1.1 bar. Installed on freinds car. boost is managed by the local made boost controller "cap tulang ikan". He claims that it is now a joy to drive. Bravo th ETECH for a great share and many sifu ratings for him. Hail Onkel ETECH! (just joking)

Bottom line to suspicious crowd out there. It Works up to 1.1 bar. hehehe after that you are on your own.

rudilaa

Oct 8, 2009
Terengganu
It's nice to drive with no boost cut.
But I only set to 1.0 bar only... safe side
hehe... it's enough for me...:driver:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Rudilaa, bbraycer wat to test power with you. Can kah?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

Anybody knows where i can change or get this fixed? I've got chips/tear/makan on mine, wear is uneven. Only used it for a short while and this is my second one in the last year. Both has the same problem. Please call/text/pm me if you know where i can get this fixed.

Thanks.. May the torque be with you..:driver:
Fariq(012 3939290)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience