KKS Autocross on 24/7/2005

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
ehhee :P this one must ask those lotus fella, they were all taking pics during all runss...i was there last minute, so no camera....
sorry :(

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
julianpang said:
Tree Huggers Club got no member that day.

However, Mickey and I formed a club called THE CONE GOBBLER CLUB.
Hahahaha....i also joined the club during the practice run blur already...

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
DarkHelmet said:
I don't know about you guys, but my whole body aching from doing all the 12 runs, on 4 different courses. By about the 9th run, i was ready to give up driving. Getting sun burnt, lack of food, staying in the hot sun........ hmmmmmm... have to re-think my idea of fun. ;-)

But on the whole, the whole autox was ran without major hiccups, apart from the tires legality issue. And with the increase of participants to 24 competitors, waiting time was a bit longer, but thanks to electronic timing we did not have to wait for the preceding car to finish the course before next car starts, and to top it off, was happy that we could hear the times being announced as the competitors crossed the finish line.

This time around, the course layout for Test A & B incorporated two 180deg turns around a singe cone, which saw the experienced drivers 'cone-hugging', while the first timers braked too late and went wide around the 'pivot' cone. This course was the most technical of the day, and most demanding on tyres.

Test C & D, was a classic straight run through the course, ala SSO style with offset slaloms, and with 2 major straights, saw the powderful cars gaining time there. Mickey Teoh clocked the fastest time of 1'06".XXX, showing everybdy what an MR2 is capable of.

Surprise of the day was also to Johnson Tan, in a toyota MRS, beating the Lotus Elises in the Sports Car class, which the Lotuses were dominating in the last 3 KKS autox rounds.

Ian Khong, in a borrowed std wira aeroback, defended his champion title in the 1.3lit class, against several Kancil turbos, extending his lead in the championship points now to 60 points, with a 10 point lead from the nearest competitor.
That's why i got a tent + chairs + nasi-lemak (damnit no sandwiches) hehehehehe

my botak head forgot to wear cap, now sunburnt! owWWww

Hawke

Known Member
Sep 3, 2004
DarkHelmet said:
Ian was driving fellow zth member and also Teluk Bahang Speeders (TBS) member Xarrax's Wira 1.3 Aeroback with HWL suspension, shod with some old Silverstone STV128 tyres (SIlverstone does not make these tyres anymore).
This is Ian's MO... use old silvestones until wire mesh visible... until even drifters dun dare use the tires...:p

Dun play-play loh...

howk

May 19, 2004
Dark Helmet's Speed Secrets

Hey Dark Helmet,

When are you going to release your "Secrets of 4WD Autocrossing" on VCD/DVD?, including exclusive on-board camera footage;) never released elsewhere!

Give us sneak preview before released to pasar malam OK? :D

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
DarkHelmet,
Can you please burn me a CD of the videos you took?

I want to see other people's run versus mine so that I will know where to improve next time.

Howk,
If you are around BSD this weekend, call me ya. I want to buy you lunch.

Last edited:

DarkHelmet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
howk said:
Hey Dark Helmet,

When are you going to release your "Secrets of 4WD Autocrossing" on VCD/DVD?, including exclusive on-board camera footage;) never released elsewhere!

Give us sneak preview before released to pasar malam OK? :D
MPEG4 video only available to Team All Stars. I have analyzed it and noted where I can cut the time further. Plan to add 1 more camera before next event.

Howk, you need to get some decent semi slicks, should be able to cut your time further.

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
DarkHelmet said:
MPEG4 video only available to Team All Stars. I have analyzed it and noted where I can cut the time further. Plan to add 1 more camera before next event.

Howk, you need to get some decent semi slicks, should be able to cut your time further.
DarkHelmet,

Since you have analyzed it, can you please tell me where I lacked in 3rd & 4th layout?

DarkHelmet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
julianpang said:
DarkHelmet,

Since you have analyzed it, can you please tell me where I lacked in 3rd & 4th layout?
Julian,

I have analyzed MY run. Not yours. So, I do not know where you 'lacked'. But from what I saw, you did ok.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Anyone know where i can buy silicone wiper refills?
Can those refills fit normal rubber blades?
How much will it cost?

Thanks! :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience