JZ users thread (1JZ, 1.5JZ, 2JZ)

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
im driving a W124 merc with an auto 1JZ in it... thinking of getting a piggy back ECU for my ride... anyone knows which is the best for our beloved JZ engine??? is SAFC enough???
U can try eManage... or Haltech Interceptor

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

yea i would love to eventually do that, but its not convenient for me at the moment...i'd rather get it repaired if i can do so for a reasonable price....in any case i was just looking for some information...the ecu in the car now works fine except for the almost 2000rpm idling
your idling issue ... could it be vacum hose leaks?

jon3171

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
Malaysia
U can try eManage... or Haltech Interceptor

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

your idling issue ... could it be vacum hose leaks?
it is something i considered, and i have even changed the idle valve to another used unit...i have no idea how to gauge whether the idle valve is working at its best or not. As for the vacuum leak, would it show on my boost meter? after initial checking...nothing obvious seems to be leaking...besides when i did the engine conversion i changed all the vacuum hoses to samco silicon hoses.

jon3171

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
Malaysia
Good idea, however i must mention that when i disconnect my battery, the idling is completely normal for about 2 days...then it starts climbing and hovers around 2000rpm...if it was something like idle valve or wrongly connected hose...wont the symptoms be there always?

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
hmm.. i skipped d battery part... if that's the case.... well... try d ecu then.. ehehhehe...u can contact

Johan
Facebook

Or Alvin
Daftar Masuk | Facebook

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

hmm.. i skipped d battery part... if that's the case.... well... try d ecu then.. ehehhehe...u can contact

Johan
Facebook

Or Alvin
Daftar Masuk | Facebook

Gamabuchi

Jul 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
same thing happen to me last week. but mine have nothing to do with vacuum leak or the ECU. The culprit is the fusible link wire. you might want to check that out. I change mine and i am free from that problem for 5 days and hopefully continues.

cheers!

jon3171

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
Malaysia
interesting...which wire is this?

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

btw my 1jz is converted into a bmw so i'm no longer using the 1jz fuse box...maybe u can let me know which wire from the ecu side?

May 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
gud day guys, i'am just bought 1jz vvti auto trans half cut which will going into lexus ls400. one thing flying in my head is how to get my original ls400 speedometer works as i've been told jzx100 use a signal from ABS rotor? LS400 speed signal is from transmission.. pls help huhuu...

SR20DETT

Mar 20, 2006
Hi i own jza80.
Can anyone recommend what i should do if my 2jz twin turbo is not kicking in at 4000rpm

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
hello guys, u know where to find 1jzgte non vvti manual longshaft(r154)? i need the longshaft only. sms me 0146862976.
I have 1....if u hav just the coupling then i'll be able to sell to u with exchange the coupling head

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I would like to ask is there any workshop which can provide good quality of car service in Butterworth area as I'm new here. I need to find a place to service my car.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience