JZ users thread (1JZ, 1.5JZ, 2JZ)

lexuskoh

500 RPM
Jun 2, 2007
Looking Brake Pad for 1jz-ge model..(front & rear)
Any member can advise ? Brand , Price & Location ?
Thanks

kim78

Jun 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all jz sifus here. Just need to know if our sifus here willing to hep me out from this problem. My problem starts around 6 months ago and here is my story.
I decided to convert my car's engine to the infamous 1jz- gte vvti taken from chaser half cut which I did. Everything seems to be normal at first but recently the engine started to show it's tantrums, the obvious is the engine shudders quite bad following the 'gila' rpm issues, at idle it will hover around 1k to 2k rpm and the brake will ' not makan' will accompanied that symptom. During driving the engine sounds like it struggle itself to go, sluggish, turbo will only open at 3k rpm which not like usual 2.4k rpm. The sounds of engine like fuel cut after a few seconds after turbo open.
So I sent this car to my mech, so he assumed the injector is the culprit but sadly it is not. Then we started changing vital parts like coil pack, throttle body, manifold sensor and air flow sensor but only to no avail.
I appreciate any comments and suggestions to solve this problem. Or where is your recommended workshops for this kind of issues. My mech gave up but he suggested in changing the vvti system parts . What is the relation to my problem, I also don't know.
Thanks for reading. Pardon my english..he he.

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
Hi to all jz sifus here. Just need to know if our sifus here willing to hep me out from this problem. My problem starts around 6 months ago and here is my story.
I decided to convert my car's engine to the infamous 1jz- gte vvti taken from chaser half cut which I did. Everything seems to be normal at first but recently the engine started to show it's tantrums, the obvious is the engine shudders quite bad following the 'gila' rpm issues, at idle it will hover around 1k to 2k rpm and the brake will ' not makan' will accompanied that symptom. During driving the engine sounds like it struggle itself to go, sluggish, turbo will only open at 3k rpm which not like usual 2.4k rpm. The sounds of engine like fuel cut after a few seconds after turbo open.
So I sent this car to my mech, so he assumed the injector is the culprit but sadly it is not. Then we started changing vital parts like coil pack, throttle body, manifold sensor and air flow sensor but only to no avail.
I appreciate any comments and suggestions to solve this problem. Or where is your recommended workshops for this kind of issues. My mech gave up but he suggested in changing the vvti system parts . What is the relation to my problem, I also don't know.
Thanks for reading. Pardon my english..he he.
i have the same problem with my vvti. started around 6 months ago also. every time boost starts it's like no fuel going into the engine, felt like turbo just jammed when turbo begins to spool, sometimes can boost sometimes can't. now still checking it.

kim78

Jun 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Bro Storm LCC for your comment. So what measures so far you have taken. How about your ride condition right now. Is it still driveable.?
In my case I drove to Cherating from K.L with that problem. It was not fun at all when the time you have to slow your car, it will shudder like those bulldozers or tractors.
Forgot to mention that we have changed it's ecu as well. For info, this problem occurs during drving and at idle as well. Anybody here can supply me with the contact number or the address of the workshop.

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Bro Storm LCC for your comment. So what measures so far you have taken. How about your ride condition right now. Is it still driveable.?
In my case I drove to Cherating from K.L with that problem. It was not fun at all when the time you have to slow your car, it will shudder like those bulldozers or tractors.
Forgot to mention that we have changed it's ecu as well. For info, this problem occurs during drving and at idle as well. Anybody here can supply me with the contact number or the address of the workshop.
my mechanic no time to check everything yet, so far only basic stuff like air intake, petrol pump, filters and spark plugs were checked and they all looked fine. if drive without pushing the pedal hard, it's ok, no boost, no problem, going uphill also ok because got lots of low down torque, just can't boost. if WOT the engine will missfire like hell all the way to the red line.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
try the ignition / timing sensors..sometimes when d car is not pushed.. it's ok.. when it's pushed.. if it's cracked.. it goes out of position... unable to read timing bla bla bla. then misfire

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
My belly is too big to be a mechanic. If I was a mechanic, I would be stuck under a car.. and would not be noticed until i've died and emit stench to the surrounding. ..If i was a mechanic, I wouldnt be able to reach the plug coils of a 2JZ or 1JZ whether I'm standing in the front, or accessing it from the side fenders... Sorry mate... I aint a mech.. but I know abit about cars

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
My belly is too big to be a mechanic. If I was a mechanic, I would be stuck under a car.. and would not be noticed until i've died and emit stench to the surrounding. ..If i was a mechanic, I wouldnt be able to reach the plug coils of a 2JZ or 1JZ whether I'm standing in the front, or accessing it from the side fenders... Sorry mate... I aint a mech.. but I know abit about cars
lol. understood. u still driving your orange supra?

got any mechanics to recommend? I'm living in Ipoh and my trusted mechanic is ALWAYS busy, the car has been stuck in his workshop for almost 2 months...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here's a video of an old Super GT event featured on Hot Version. Orido and Wakisaka explains the fun and dangers of racing, the thrills of battling each other and how much a weight ballast affects the car ranking. An awesome video, where great cars such as the Supra and NSX was still alive. Gotta miss this one!

YouTube - ‪LIFE IN THE FAST LANE - ORIDO...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience