JZ users thread (1JZ, 1.5JZ, 2JZ)

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Currently an owner of two 1JZ-GTE both with single turbo. One 1JZ-GTE swapped in Rx-7 with R154 gear and exedy twin plate. Turbo Holset HX-40 almost equivalent to GT40R. 650CC injectors, HKS Fuel Cut Defender, Piggybacked with Apexi Vafc 2, Apexi AVCR boost Controller, running 1.8Bar on stock internals. Please don't ask for dyno reports as we don't have any dyno here in Pakistan :(. Another is Nissan Cedric old car currently going through swap with 1JZ-GTE W58 gear. Turbo Holset HX-35. 550CC injectors, HKS Fuel Cut Defender, Piggybacked with Apexi Safc 1, Turbo smart manual boost controller, will also run 1.8Bar on stock internal. And yes 1JZ-GTE can support 1.8Bar on stock internal. For drag races also tested 2.2Bar on stock internal. Then back to 1.8Bar, and engine is still safe and sound.

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:54 AM ----------

Saluran ahmedshaikhani - YouTube
Here is the video of my RX-7 with an AFR of 10 something. Running 1.2Bar boost. Had to hit rev limits because of traction issues. I was using normal street tyres.

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Can't upload pictures of my Nissan Cedric don't know what's the issue. Currently car going through a process of fabrication.

khuen72

May 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
guys sorry for asking a noob question here, isit possible to fit a wastegate to the original exhaust manifold? if yes where can i do it and how much am i looking to pay for it. my car is a hilux with 1jz-vvti.

Thanks in advance

wazza

Known Member
Jan 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
e46 running a 2jzgte with r154 box. clutch is hard as hell,problems shifting fast :(
also, can anyone point me in the right direction for suspension issues and brakes? the front's rrrrreeaaalllly low now.

ahmedshaikhani

Known Member
Feb 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
e46 running a 2jzgte with r154 box. clutch is hard as hell,problems shifting fast :(
also, can anyone point me in the right direction for suspension issues and brakes? the front's rrrrreeaaalllly low now.
Obviously clutch engagement is hard if you are using 6 Puck clutch and pressure. But its better if you compare with other push type clutch. R154 uses pull type clutch.

iczmage

Dec 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys, I've got a 1jz-gte transplanted into a Land Rover Discovery 1. Been having problems with the driveshaft as it's not attached in a straight manner. It's slightly offset to the side due to the chassis not being 100% compatible. Any suggestions as to how to solve this problem?

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
im driving a W124 merc with an auto 1JZ in it... thinking of getting a piggy back ECU for my ride... anyone knows which is the best for our beloved JZ engine??? is SAFC enough???

jon3171

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
Malaysia
hey there, i'm just wondering if anyone has the manual gearbox mount for 1jz...this is the r154 box...i'd prefer a brand new one if anyone knows where to source but im also open to good condition 2nd hand units. thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

By the way how much does it cost to repair the 1jz ecu? I have one which had some issues...i ordered and changed the capacitors myself and now it seems ok for the most part but my idling does seem a little too high and i can't adjust it out so i have a suspicion that the ecu might be to blame....

i also have another ecu which had starting difficulty and when it did start it was running rough and rich...on this ecu too i replaced all 5 capacitors and it is better now but still runs a little rough.

I don't know if it is possible to repair these, is there some other repair that can be done other than the capacitors? or does the problem lie there alone?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
hey there, i'm just wondering if anyone has the manual gearbox mount for 1jz...this is the r154 box...i'd prefer a brand new one if anyone knows where to source but im also open to good condition 2nd hand units. thanks!

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

By the way how much does it cost to repair the 1jz ecu? I have one which had some issues...i ordered and changed the capacitors myself and now it seems ok for the most part but my idling does seem a little too high and i can't adjust it out so i have a suspicion that the ecu might be to blame....

i also have another ecu which had starting difficulty and when it did start it was running rough and rich...on this ecu too i replaced all 5 capacitors and it is better now but still runs a little rough.

I don't know if it is possible to repair these, is there some other repair that can be done other than the capacitors? or does the problem lie there alone?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
can't u just buy a halfcut ecu?

or just save your money and get a standalone if u have so much problems with the original (repaired) units

jon3171

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
Malaysia
can't u just buy a halfcut ecu?

or just save your money and get a standalone if u have so much problems with the original (repaired) units
yea i would love to eventually do that, but its not convenient for me at the moment...i'd rather get it repaired if i can do so for a reasonable price....in any case i was just looking for some information...the ecu in the car now works fine except for the almost 2000rpm idling

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Main - Drive - Parking Douche app shames drivers into changing their ways @ Sat Oct 27 2012

We sorely need this implemented in Malaysia too... especially for douches who use the emergency lane to speed when the traffic's heavy on hiways
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience