Juz wash engine...

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Juz now juz went to wash the engine. The fellow got wrap the alarm siren n distributor. So far stil ok after washing but... battery warning lamp alr come out n goes off 2 times when i was driving. I nvr experince this battry warning lamp come out b4 i washed the engine. Y ah?? Means wat??? Wat thing wan spoil alr? :o :huh: :(

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
as what SiGNAL mentioned, during the wash water has gone into your alternator's core...so when you start engine again and it's spin....water & lectric run together sure got "short short" lor....can't tell for now whether your alternator will kong or not....

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Aiya... so bad luck 1... my fren also wash together juz now but he ntg happen. :(
Actually when washing the things under the bonnet muz cover wat thing 1st 1? as far as i know he onli took 2 plastic bags. 1 for the siren n 1 more mayb for the distributor.

*ps*- is distributor =alternator?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Originally posted by kher@Nov 11 2004, 23:33
So anyone knows the real correct step to b taken b4 splasing water all around those stuffs?
basically EFI car is not recommended to "wash" since too many eletronic stuff liao...

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
wanna earn $$$ ma... hihihihi...

got 1 suggestion, next time wash urself, after wash, open the bonnet and let it be under the sun for few hours... just make sure all dry kao kao before u start the car...

:P

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Originally posted by kher@Nov 12 2004, 00:11
But nowadays car mostly EFI rite? Y stil provide this type of service?
Kher,

next time you may try "Cars" available major shopping center in klang valley, as I know, they don't use water to wash the engine bay, in stead they using some chemical lub to clean your engine bay by cloths.

Result? Look at the picture attached.

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Mine is he use plastic cover some parts n start spraying some degreaser mayb. then use water spray lo... also very clean...

UPDATE.... car juz broke down.... :lol:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
U can still use water + chemical to wash the engine bay...

I sent my spare Galant to Mobil, BU to wash the engine bay 4 weeks ago. The fella just wrap plastic bag on the distributor and spray some chemical.

When done, he use an air compressor gun to spray the off water from the alternator / battery / spark plugs and fuse box.

Works for me. No problems with the car...

Maybe that fella u went to had no experience washing engine bay lar... esp EFI cars.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro and sifu,
i currently driving mivec-md and i feel like underpower...so i plan to modify but i dun know what to modify...plz help me....i feel like changing the enjine but to costly....plz help me all the sifu out there....thx:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience