what so special about this filter?

and is it better than oem?

I thought I read it asahi.....and thought it was a beer advert...eheheheh

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fuh! Google and found it to be from Japan. I thought as usual local product with Japanese name....:smokin:

Apache91120

Known Member
Aug 25, 2014
Klang
Yes, it is made in Japan and one of the best filter in the world. Among 10 top branded filters, Asakashi filter has the largest filtration area. The built quality is excellent, better than American made.

Parts of JS ASAKASHI Spin-on Oil Filter

Heavy-duty Case of drawn steel provides longer life and improved durability.
Anti-Drain back Valve - keeps oil in filter to prevent engine from destructive “dry starts”. It stays flexible in extreme temperatures.
Mounting Plate made of heavy gage steel prevents deflection (movement) at the gasket sealing surface and provides strong threaded attachment to the engine.
Inner Element made by "M"- type pleated, prescription-blended filter media provides more than adequate filter efficiency. The element has a controlled porosity blended media to assure complete filtration of the oil.
Plate Spring is used instead of commonly used coiled spring. That allows increasing size of the element within same size of the filer canister.
O-Ring Gasket exterior seal in between the filter and the engine body. Usage of height quality rubber ensures leakage free environment even in extreme temperatures.
By-pass Valve is a spring loaded valve assembly calibrated to certain pressure to prevent engine from becoming dry in case of high contamination of media or extremely low temperatures.

Specifications:

Diameter - 65mm
Material - Metal
Valves - 1.0bar/1
Height - 90mm
Thread - M20X1.5
O-Ring gasket - 54x62rnd
Type - Full flow

Attachments

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Normally change oil and filter at 5k km. Keeping the filter up to 15k km is keeping all the trapped dirt and also dirty oil which is still in the filter which will dirty the new oil....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I just stick to original oil filters by the manufacturer.. because they are willing to back their oil filters with warranty.. if you use their engine oil..their oil filters..and the engine explodes..they will warranty the engine..

You put any other oil filter in..they can void your warranty..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Even after warranty after market local oil filters are so much cheaper then Japan imports, unless the parts are critical ones then have to use Japan made ones is better...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Even after warranty after market local oil filters are so much cheaper then Japan imports, unless the parts are critical ones then have to use Japan made ones is better...
Depends on manufacturer I guess.. Toyota if I am not mistaken..the ones used here is from Tomyum land.. Suzuki Malaysia uses oil filter that is Made in Sushiland.. Perodua ones.. Nasi Lemakland..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Tomyum land okay mah! The cars from there sure the parts also. With AFTA, Asean made still free tax or low tax...

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
If ur engine is stock, these ones are ok.

I would use filters with built in magnets for rebuilt engines like the mag power 2 from power enterprise

Apache91120

Known Member
Aug 25, 2014
Klang
Buying engine oil & spare parts in Malaysia are quite risky. Malaysia is a heaven for imitation/fake items. Too many of them in the market. I'm very careful when buying items for my car. Most of my spare parts, engine oil, ATF, filters etc are bought from USA, Germany & Japan.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I just stick to original oil filters by the manufacturer.. because they are willing to back their oil filters with warranty.. if you use their engine oil..their oil filters..and the engine explodes..they will warranty the engine..

You put any other oil filter in..they can void your warranty..

Agree with Ixeo. Manufacturer always find excuses to void warranty, especially major cases like engine kong.

Better be safe, use ori and recommended filters.

If wanna be "adventurous", then use filter cap ayam, filter from lala land, ciplak HKS filter, MegaPower, Super Duper filter etc.... :smokin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Is the Asahi batt jepun mari??

These days there are sooooo many car accessories have japanese names, japanese wording. japanese instruction. But all made in Mesia....Really funny!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings,

Just need to confirm with you guys, is it possible that Satria 1.6 using the small spare tyre (like Honda) rather than the normal spare tyre?
Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience