Japanese tuning firm Trust/Greddy declares bankruptcy

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
he market for aftermarket parts from Japan has been declining for well over five years, due in part to decreased demand both at home and abroad and the rising rates of Chinese knock-offs and other inexpensive (and dubiously built) components.

Today, one of the world's largest performance parts companies, known as Trust in Japan and Greddy here in the States, declared bankruptcy. According to various reports, Trust is approximately $60 million in debt and, after reporting a serious decline in sales since February 2008 and amassing $43 million in loan payments, filed for bankruptcy in Tokyo District Court.

Trust has been around since 1976, employs almost 200 workers and had been dealing in everything from CARB-legal exhausts to turbo systems when Greddy Performance Products was founded in the U.S. in 1994. There are several firms that will step up to fill the need of enthusiasts, assuming that Trust doesn't try to reorganize, but with the aftermarket industry down overall, we suspect this won't be the last time we'll hear about a large tuner going under.

Japanese tuning firm Trust/Greddy declares bankruptcy - Autoblog

haih....so sad to c the big guns overshadowed by piracy...

Last edited:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Made it on time for GENUINE Greddy inlet manifold, fuel-rail, BOV Type-R enhanced, Y-pipe, strut-bar and intercooler.

Gambateh ... TRUST

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Malaysia, 25 September 2008, Petaling Jaya.
BlackHowling T-Chargers will now take over the business for Trust, who has filed for bankruptcy in the Tokyo District Court. According to Mr Black, he says he will repay $43million debt after by end of September 2008, therefore making him the default owner of Trust. He already has plans to manufacture his new tri-blade quad ball bearing turbo charger, which is made of adementum steel. This is the same steel that Wolverine's bones are made of. For more information, you can visit BlackHowling Trust's website at www.Blacktrust.com.my

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
erk how about Mutiara motors ???

i remembered this year they made some SUper huge deal with Greddy also being an official R&D for Greddy....

drift_devil05

1,500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
www.zerotohundred.com
hm... sad case :banghead::banghead::banghead:

ekinomae

Known Member
Oct 17, 2005
too bad...wonder how the other tuning companies are doing?

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
inflation is coming. feel the fear. it has always been the era of used parts. this.. is going to be its golden age.

this.. is just.. the beginning.

Trusthowling. Its coming. Only in cinemas 2009. Rated V for VERY FAST. Parental Supervision compulsary.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
just like some not really nice looking girls 'marketing' & 'packaging' & 'promoting' with their sexy clothes & nice shape body... with some perfume, & high voltage eyeing..... huhu...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
The market for aftermarket parts from Japan has been declining for well over five years, due in part to decreased demand both at home and abroad and the rising rates of Chinese knock-offs and other inexpensive (and dubiously built) components.
BlackHowling,
But even with marketing strategy, if people just prefer to buy those chinese knock-off and other inexpensive parts, trust will lose sales too, right? (mentioned above). There are many car mod enthusiasts out there, and I believe in large numbers. Just that some of them don't earn enough to buy good quality parts and hence, make do with cheaper parts. how sad.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hope to get some help on this, can anybody tell me how to wire the cabin light, cos the stock one in my car does not work, dont think it has power running into it at all, im driving a saga aeroback,, can any sifu there help me, im trying to find the wire that makes it work or where to tap a new source so when door open light will on and when door close light off, hope that there is people who can help me thanks in advance to those who responce to this thread
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience