Iswara@saga Adjustable

Jan 2, 2008
Hi all..
May I ask which brand of Adj suspension can fit to my iswara@saga aeroback?Is that adj suspension can adj hard n soft?:smokin::banghead:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
GAB, HWL, TITAN, IMPROVE, etc...

mostly jz high/low adjustable... cannot adjust damping rate...

and rear suspension setup usually not high/low adjustable...

hence, what u get is jz front pair height adjustable...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
apm motorsport also got bro.but like sky bro said.all of them r just hi/lo adj.
not to mention the rear is fix unlike myvi which gab n hwl came out with
rear adj too.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
of all mentioned above, TITAN is the most expensive, isnt it?

Read that u gotta go back to their workshop, and adjust spring rates/height till u r satisfied...

Assuming a person is located far away like in Sarawak or Sabah, who do not have the privilege of going to the workshop (TITAN ka, HWL ka), which would be the more suitable set of abs that already comes with spring rates more suited for the general driver?

Mar 21, 2008
Get a HWL front adjustable hi-lo, get the correct spring n damping rate. Then customize the right absorber n match the correct spring rate for rear suspension.

Then correct your centre gravity balance by adjusting the front height (this could means that your nose is slightly taller than your tail)

Then get 15" rims with GOOD tyres (yoko for example)

Then, MAYBE your saga can pek corner at 110kmh downhill kerinchi link....

All this setup are done on my nissan, u can try it out on your saga :driver:

Mar 21, 2008
Ofcoz, the real purpose of Hi-Lo is to correct your weight shifting during cornering, since saga can only play with front hi-lo, u need time to tune it to the correct handling according to your driving style.

Janji DONT make your backside jongkek like those rally-wannabe....:rofl:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
of all mentioned above, TITAN is the most expensive, isnt it?

Read that u gotta go back to their workshop, and adjust spring rates/height till u r satisfied...

Assuming a person is located far away like in Sarawak or Sabah, who do not have the privilege of going to the workshop (TITAN ka, HWL ka), which would be the more suitable set of abs that already comes with spring rates more suited for the general driver?
den u'll have to get preset adjustables lor... or send ur car over for a month or so for complete tune up... head down to sepang for a few round as well... hehehehe....

yeap... high/low adjustables are not mainly for looks.... its main purpose is for weight distribution... if front is lower than rear, ur front sits more weight compare to rear... all this need to calculate nicely to have a perfect 50:50 weight distribution to have good handling... well, not exactly 50:50 is good for all cars lah... different cars with different drivetrain might need different weight distribution....

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
hmm...i see i see, tenks 4 all info

when i do plan to get a set, i dont really want to gamble on the spring rates, guess i gotta go with the most widely-used spring rate setup instead

wah send car there ar...hehe lu sponsor then can :P

Mar 21, 2008
If u play with hard absorber, then you got highway handling.

If u play with hard springs, u get very good handling but terrible ride quality.

If u get FULLY adjustable, u can tune to comfort in weekdays, tune to extreme in weekend to play around.

Hi-Lo only contribute to balancing your car, enhancing your cornering and braking grip, but its cant do more than that, so expectation is a slighly better handling but not there yet.

I personally is going for TEIN fully adjustable :)

I said all these so coz I am using HWL Hi-Lo now, a very good street setting and highway setting, but cornering still not that good enough

Mar 21, 2008
Anyway, for additional tips.

Once you change your suspension setup, plz change to a bucket seat, a seat you can feel your car balance and grip with your butt, you shoulders and you thighs.

Try normal speed entering a corner, then 2nd time same corner, push abit, and harder, then harder more n so on n so forth.

Find your grip, does it under or over most time......use your body to feel the seat n the G-force.

Then try this too, when in highway, cruise at least 80kmh n zig-zag HARSHLY (when the road is clear ofcoz!) Then try to feel how much your rear suspension bounce, does the tyre grip loses it's traction, and how much movement your tail occurs in the jerk.

From there, when you tweak your rear suspension again (in any method you can try) then you try again, you WILL see the difference.

Lets talk about some basic Hi-Lo setting.

Sohai proton rally-wannabe style
- Actually this setting can be very good, it pushes most the weight to the FRONT, hence the 0-100kmh is quite good since the front tyres gets all the grip.
- If you try zig-zag hashly, you will realise the rear will lose traction easily, dangerous for a normal driver n car stability hard to predict
- But this setting is GOOD for autoX, since it has good front grip and loose rear traction

Nose up, Tail Down
- This may sound ridiculous, but actually you cant differenciate with your naked eye
- Zig-zag test shows that the car is will balanced, the rear grips back immediately after minor traction loss
- Highway corner, at 160kmh the rear grip very very well, coz the wieght is tranfer to the back, as well as the aerodynamics is keep your nose down, you DONT even need a bodykit!

FINALLY, for Hi-Lo, the most crucial thing for performance n comfort, is to balance the car playing the ride hieght of front n back, and also harder absorber rate will help too.
Happy tryings:wavey:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There's may be a bit cheesy to some, but when your bringing a date out, look no further to bringing her in an Acura TSX (Otherwise known as the Honda Accord Euro, outside of it's American market) With gadgets such like voice navigation, onboard weather info, Ipod connectability and so forth, girls, especially that they are not geeks would totally be impressed. Check out the video on the Acura TSX, a luxury...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience