adjustable..

luffey

Aug 9, 2008
helo to all zth members...i may not good about this adjustable and suspension ...can u all give me some tips on what type of adjustables shud i put into my 1.6 satria ..i think i want to put satria gti's one lor...can fit ah ?how will goes ?smooth or better balance while speeding? cuz my car now feels like to "gugur enjin" when it reach 160 km/h ..huhu..olredi put strut bar front and rear ..so hope u guys will help me sort diz things out.. :adore:

Sound-Checkerz

Known Member
Aug 6, 2008
wun satria GTi absorber kaa???i hav one set front n rear....but...better u change to adjustable..better handling laa..cheapest is GAB..quite ok..but better is TEIN..best performance..but quite expensive laa..ur decision..but wut do u mean by "gugur enjin"????

dennisdreams

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
can you explain in more detail which how it your "engine wanna drop off" feels like? didn't really get it. for which i know normal abs do tend to give you the float-y feel when your car reach 160 and above, because it's re-bounce rate wasn't design to work over standard specification of 140. and absorber will slowly loose it's bounce and re-bounce rating after period of usage. so a absorber change or re-work is in place. if you was "heavy footed" kind of driver which always keep your speedo well over 160, a decent set of performance coil-over is your choice over stock absorber.

skylee834

Known Member
Feb 8, 2008
bro,buy a TEin from chop shop lah,1 set about Rm1600.(like new one).GAB r cheaper but hear not so good response from user,very hard the spring,unless u get soft hard Hi Low adjustable one....
try to change out the bushes at all..front lower arm,steering rack bush etc,will make a big different.i using front lower Arm/rear lower arm. from EVO3,already change out the control feeling...try it..:wavey:

chaiwl

Known Member
Sep 24, 2005
Selangor.
s12.invisionfree.com
1.6 and 1.8 absorber is same 1, the different mayb is the spring rate only.. if u wan more to performance then get the adjustable. get the 1 from japan is more reliable than local 1...

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
R3 spring and absorber...new, can go for performance and comfortable... Some quote less comfort but for me it's still comfort. I myself use Tein Hilo Soft hard. Very good one, but for daily use i think it is unwise. You all know la, our country's road very bad. Just changed my front lower arm and tie rod end due to tough absorber and 'jalan teruk'... Huhu...

RSmove

Known Member
Jan 13, 2005
Hi,

just my personal though. I understand that adjustable absorbers can be service. but recently one of the workshop give me a tip on hi-low adjustable can be serviceable, not the hi lo soft hard.

can the guru's help me on this or suggest the shop that can do adjustable servicing..tq..

cYBorG

1,000 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
OnEarth
Visit site
last time i called hotbits service centre, service range rm60-70 per abs.. hwl i dont knw.. maybe mr.chaiwl can provide some info here.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Most of the arrangements have been finalised, so here are the preliminary details for the clinic/workshop/get-together:

Date: 23rd May 2009

Time: 2 pm

Venue:
31, Jalan Sibu 16, Taman Wahyu,
Batu 6, Jalan Ipoh,
68100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Map to the Venue

As with other workshop that we've...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience