Isawara CAI

tl1987 said:
yo bro Skywalker u using k&n air filter rite ? dat 1 consider open pod type ah ?? how much u bought it ?? if my stock air filter wan to do CAI how leh....go through where n where come out ?? sorry i noob :D
yah, mine is K&N filter... not sure that one consider open-port or not.. but it is widely recognized as UFO type filter... this type usually for carbie engines...
CAI on stock airbox can do one... connect the CAI hose to the end of the airbox:

then route the CAI hose like this...

clear??....

edwin_lcw

Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
sorry takuya ..... missunderstood u ..... i not saying u slow dun get me wrong ..... i`m just curious y u take so long time ...... sorry ar ..... but takuya u got pics ar ? see your CAI n mine got diff.

tl1987

May 2, 2005
skywalker, so where do i get the black hose in ur pic ? how big ? thx.

tykoh

Jun 30, 2004
tykoh88.blogspot.com
i dont think its an easy diy to do the scoop like tat... probably need to change bonnet.... btw air scoop its illegal unless it is original or no hole between the bonnet; for show only... according to JPJ... i think its easier to lead the air thru the flexible hose from front of the car...hehehe... happy diy...

tl1987 said:
skywalker, so where do i get the black hose in ur pic ? how big ? thx.
those are car air-cond hose... u can go to any aircond shop dealer and ask for it... usually they will sell u in pre-cut size, which is about rm3X.... it is quite long adi, enough to do dual CAI like mine...
but be reminded that this hose has a non-smooth inner side... means there will be some air restriction flowing inside... if u want a smooth inner surface, PM ninja_iga, he is selling PVC type flexible CAI hose....

Darth said:
bro skywalker...
from the pictures...

why not used hood scoop?should be easy......n nice.....
or maybe a super scoop?(backwards like muscle car?)
good idea... or mayb do like most wira owners, jack the bonnet up abit...

nah, my bonnet design isnt similar to wira.... looks weird if jack it up...
CAI is a cheaper alternative lor... if do air scoop, afraid cannot pass jpj roadblocks....

Darth

May 10, 2005
last time ninja_iga also do the backwards scoop on his kancil....

wanna modified..but afraid of jpj.........wat lar.......kekekekekekeekek :P

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
Darth said:
last time ninja_iga also do the backwards scoop on his kancil....

wanna modified..but afraid of jpj.........wat lar.......kekekekekekeekek :P

backwards scoop.......is it float up the bonet ah with taruh 2 something like washer/nut 1 for left and 1 for right?

is so......like this also illegal?

edwin_lcw

Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
i dunno la but never kena b4 ..... maybe illegal la .... aiya if jpj really thirsty they sure can find u your car illegal mistakes one ......

Hey there guys , have anyone use this combination on a 4G15 here ?

Just wanna get some opinion regarding this . As some said the flywheel should be skimmed as it is heavy , some said if skim will loss top speed ,i'm quite confused ...

Im using Clutch Pump Manual Box from Wira SE , can this gearbox use 8.5" clutch ?

Should i skim down the supertouring flywheel ? if yes how much weight i should target for ? it is intended to be daily driven .

Thanks for any advice from sifus here =)