Isawara CAI

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
erm.. i tot we connect CAI to air filter? (if we hav one?)

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
bro when i get mine done i will show u here

Sky_Legend

Known Member
Jul 30, 2005
Penang
SkYwAlKeR said:
this is my solution...

i don't understand from the picture how u connect the CAI hose? i thought there's only one air-intake into the carb (the dish filter)? Then where's the CAI hose connected to the engine?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
CAI hose not connect to the engine la... the filter sucks air from its surrounding... my CAI jz aid some cool air to the filter... it does not totally suck all cold air from outside....
my CAI hose is connected under the fender to the side bumper... pictures not available coz when i open my fenders, i forgot to snap pictures... hehe...

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
Hi guys.... i also driving iswara... 1.5 MT 2003... nice to meet your all...
i had change my stock air filter to open pod type.... i had bought a adapter and recently add a ram pipe too... beside tat i had diy CAI too... i'm using 3' flexi hose (plastic) and take the air from the bottom of my car. coz i really cannot find a hole to slot thru the pipe.... i slot thru the transmission area on the left of the car... i will post the picture soon... probably 2moro.... happy diy!!!

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
Hi all, finally i had take my ram pipe and CAI on my iswara. the picture a bit dark...

I had bought a ram pipe to extend the length of the original ram. so the open pod are put further away the hot spot in the engine. the silver thingy is the aluminum foil tat i use to cover my open pod. prevent suck hot air.

this is the side view, as you can see i had fit in a 3' flexible pvc pipe at the bottom of my open pod. the air is lead from the bottom of my car.

here is how it looks at the botto of my car, where the air will be lead into the open pod thru 3' pvc hose. dissadvantage is, the air is a bit dusty... dont worry about the water cannot enter coz we had gravity on earth...haha...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
is ur hose tilted a little bit facing the front??... if not not much air will pass through the hose wor... unless ur CAI hose is totally sealed up to ur filter....
anyway, i did think of passing CAI hose like urs... but i worry the heat of the engine might heat up the cold air before it gets to the filter... besides, mine is rubber CAI hose, afraid it melts too... haha...

anyway, nice diy... any project up next??... hehe...

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
very nicely done wor bro... i waiting for my cai hose from ninja..

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
yup the hose is tilted to the front a bit lah.... i think the air will flow to my open pod.... i had put a heat shield to avoid the radiator fan blow the hot air to my open pod too...

next project will be installing the vacuum meter and volt meter that i bought last week. beside that i still pending on my pivot raizin VS to be ship to me also...

nothing else i will do on this car... coz i think its not worth to put too much money on it... better save some to buy a more powerful car...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
Sky your cai got effect ar ? just a portion only producing cold air ? i not tlaking your CAI but just asking coz my fren Iswara also like dis .... but i dunno weather got effect anot ? coz the air is sucking around not onli ont part worr ..... can do a aluminium cover to cover the thing to make the air is from the hose ar ?

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
tykoh : where u get that alluminium thing u use to wrap your airfilter ar? wat material is it ? with the radiator fan blow or the engine heat, it wont get hot meh?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
edwin_lcw said:
Sky your cai got effect ar ? just a portion only producing cold air ? i not tlaking your CAI but just asking coz my fren Iswara also like dis .... but i dunno weather got effect anot ? coz the air is sucking around not onli ont part worr ..... can do a aluminium cover to cover the thing to make the air is from the hose ar ?
not vr effective compare to how in seal up the CAI hose to the filter when i'm using the stock airbox... but that's the most u can do... unless like what u said, make an airbox for it.... of coz it is possible to make, i jz being lazy... haha... besides, with airbox, u might feel some air restriction at high speed or high rpm...

ohya, the front end of my CAI hose is at the bumper facing the front... forcing cold air to enter when travelling....:regular_smile:

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
nitrus said:
tykoh : where u get that alluminium thing u use to wrap your airfilter ar? wat material is it ? with the radiator fan blow or the engine heat, it wont get hot meh?
nitrus: actually its just an alluminum foil tat sold in supermarket... my purpose is to prevent the filter sucking too much hot air... beside tat i had a put a heat shield between the radiator and the ram pipe it can prevent the hot air been blow also...
when vehical travel the cold air will draw to the front of the car... so i think wont tat hot also...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bought Wi.Se side skirt from HMS...black color...then I thought why not DIY spray since khguan had done it on his grill and I thought what the heck...boring2 doing nothing...atleast now have something to do...here's some pics. step by step
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience