Is it Worth Getting the Nur?

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
Hi All

After reading DarkChilds really good post, I jyst have a quick question, do you think its worth buying and paying the extra for the Nur or can I get just as much pleasure out or a regular GTR34? Also how much should I expect to pay for an unreg car (Nur)? I know prices fluctuate but waswndering what people here have paid in the past as a rough guide for me?

Also, how to check if its a REAL Nur (apart from gold coloured VIN plate and the 3d badge)? Any way of typing in the chassis no and finding out like you can with BMW's?

Thank You

Last edited:

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, you can type the VIN no in Nissan FAST system to check. For those who don't know, Nissan FAST is a parts program used at dealerships etc.. It's also a handy program for decoding VINS etc...

Put it simple, if you are an enthusiast and you don't mind paying more for the Nur as it is a newer car (2002) then it is worth it. If you are going to get a BNR34 simply for a full out modification purpose, then I suggest you get a basic V-Spec and go from there because you are eventually going to swap out parts anyway and, the gold Vin plate is just a comfort for you knowing you have a Nur or in other cases, a luxury and form of bragging right to say you have a genuine Nur.

As you can see, there are plenty of "V-Spec II Nur's" running around KL. One even modded his "Nur" to look like a black GTT. Another modded his "Nur" to look like a Z-Tune. :rofl::thefinger:

Last edited:

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
Hey DarkChild

I tested the Nur today. Apparently its 1 of only 3 in Malaysia according to the salesman. It had a very light gold(almost looked silver) coloured VIN plate, and the engine casing also looked like light gold/silvery colour. However, the rear badge wasnt a 3D one, looked like a regular badge to me.

It didnt seem all that fast to me? For some reason, the standard Subaru STi V9 I drove last week seemed faster. That are asking for RM320k before discount.

BTW, how do I access the FAST System?

Cheers

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
A stock Nur would feel pretty much the same as a normal GT-R 34 but much smoother. After some light mods, should be much quicker. The thing with GT-R's is you do not feel the pull and the speed as much as the lighter cars. Trust me, it is quick. Ask any GT-R owner here. I feel the same way as you too.

As for the car you were looking at...
Is it a V-Spec II Nur or an M-Spec Nur?
What color is the car?

The car engine should look like this.

The speedometer should go up to 300kmh like this picture.

The 3D cast badge should look like this but these can be bought easily.

This is roughly what the interior should look like. Black interior with grey stitching. However, the later models have these as well (the ones which comes with the silver VIN plates instead of the blue VINs).

Here you can clearly see the color of the VIN plate.

As for the Nissan FAST system, you can google it and download it.

I hope this helps.
Cheers.

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
Hey Dark Child

Yes the engine looked very much like this pic

The speedo also goes up to 300kmh, and IF I remember correctly, the stitching was also grey on black seats. Last thing to do is type the VIN into the FAST System, but its looking very promising so far.

As for not feeling the pull as much as lighter cars, thats probably why I felt it was not that fast. I remember 2nd gear saw me doing 110km/h, but it didnt feel like it. It just didnt fel ferocious getting there. This is the only GTR I have driven, but have been a passenger in a V Spec II a number of times (and that felt faster as a passenger)

The car is white, and completely standard V Spec II Nur, which is also very good for me.

There is also another one for sale here, been told its a factory tuned Nismo GT-R34, and produces around 450 bhp. This one is around RM50k less.

I know its all down to personal opinion, but if it were you, which do you think you would go for, ie the Nur or the Nismo for RM50k less (assuming both in excellent condition)

Cheers
JKay :)

Last edited:

arsenalboi

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
must check. dont get cheated by playing nur price for a non nur gtr. how much is it btw?

rossifumie

Known Member
Oct 17, 2007
hi JKay...

if im nt mistaken ur the same person frm BMWClubmalaysia,rite?

i thought u wanne get M3? hehehhehe

changed mind already ? ....ahahaha...

trust me...if penny is nt a probs for u pls go for NUR...

Darkchild are right...

if ur a hardcore modder who wish to rape ur GTR to the max pls get dont get NUR...its only gonna wash out your cash and time....

may u get ur dream machine soon....happy boosting...

p/s;just my 2cent....

cheers

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
Hey ROssiefumie

Yep thats me. Well E46 M3 has always been my first choice, but I went in my friends GT-R34 a few times and really liked it as well, and then at the same time I found out about the 2 units here for sale, one being the Nur, one a Nismo tuned one. The Nur asking price is RM325k.

Lovely M3 u have there btw

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
if u can afford it get it!!!
I know this sounds mad, but the Fairlady I drove last week(M) felt so much better to drive, power wise. The Nur just felt like it cmpletely lacked power to me, even high up the rev range when the turbos kicked in.

I dont if it was me, or the car, or thats just how they are. When I sat in my friends GTR34 V Spec II, it felt much faster from the passenger seat. The Nur is the only GTR I have driven.

Therefore, I have gone off the idea of one, and think I can get much better value for money in a Fairlady aka 350Z based on my test drive

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
350Z? more powerful than GTR? u sure? sometimes based on 'butt' dyno or instincts it may not be that accurate. For power wise, how car can u go with 350Z compare to GTR? what's your objective in buying this? looks? or power? u wanna keep it stock or u wanna go 'further'?

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
About the Fairlady, I think you may be confused with the response. Being 3.5 liter, NA and FR, you get alot of instant wheelspin/sideways, and take off response compared to a regular take off from a GTR (then is unless you do a revved launch from GTR).

It may feels faster on these aspect being NA and high capacity with instantaneous response but if you really put both cars side to side on hard launch and rolling start, you will see the differences.

Both are great cars, but it depends what you want. Personally, I think comfort wise and everyday use, Fairlady are more practical (apart from being only 2 seater), but if you op for power, and handling (got to be alittle more cautious for "young" user here), GTR's are the go ...

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
ditto to what eyong said.... There is quite a huge gap in terms of power difference of the 350Z and the GTR...

JKay

Known Member
Jun 14, 2008
ditto to what eyong said.... There is quite a huge gap in terms of power difference of the 350Z and the GTR...
I think maybe it was just the particular car I test drove or something.

Even when I accelerated in 2nd gear until high RPM, it just felt kind of slow, but I do understand that the GT-R34 definately more powerful than 350Z.

However, I have seen a 350Z I like, white with Nismo kit, Manual.

The purpose I'm buying a car is to have a fun car to drive. I already have a diesel daily driver which is excellent and practical.

So at themoment, I think the 350Z can offer me this for nearly half the price (RM175k compared to RM325k for the Nur), and even tho I will lose out to a GT-R34 in a race, I wont be trying to race, but just have fun and enjoy the car with friends :driver:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
Cheers bro... no doubt the 350Z is a beauty... with the huge price difference I would go for the Z as well.. specially since u r not looking to mod the car and keep upgrading its power...may you have fun with the Z..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro and sifu,
i currently driving mivec-md and i feel like underpower...so i plan to modify but i dun know what to modify...plz help me....i feel like changing the enjine but to costly....plz help me all the sifu out there....thx:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience