integra Headcounts!!

A

achor

Re: integra Headcounts!!

Aware of that bro but bigger piston = bahaya. I used to have 86mm in my B20 but sudah letup so trying to get smaller piston for more reliability. So am considering either 85mm or 84.5mm only. :confused:
86mm surely u were looking for power only. i have a friend with an EG with B30 using 84mm pistons. if i'm not mistaken, it has been running well for 3 years now. so, my conclusion is that save specs = 84 mm.

if u wanna go bigger, just remember that you have something to worry about when revving up to the 9 000 rpm region :smokin:

anubis

Known Member
Mar 29, 2006

86mm surely u were looking for power only. i have a friend with an EG with B30 using 84mm pistons. if i'm not mistaken, it has been running well for 3 years now. so, my conclusion is that save specs = 84 mm.

if u wanna go bigger, just remember that you have something to worry about when revving up to the 9 000 rpm region :smokin:
Yeap, the 86mm last me only less a year. BOOM :mad: But according to my fren he said the Spark racing 84.5mm piston is better than CF4 85mm due to its weight. http://sparkracing.net/racepistion.aspx
Quite common piston for B20 users in Aus & States. Correct me if im wrong. :confused:

mindef

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2005

Aware of that bro but bigger piston = bahaya. I used to have 86mm in my B20 but sudah letup so trying to get smaller piston for more reliability. So am considering either 85mm or 84.5mm only. :confused:

r u sure piston may resolve ur problem? b20b reliable?:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: u cant whack kaw kaw with b20b engine...

i heard many stories b20 letup n i think its common case...

to build strong engine reliabilty n power u need to study, R&D 1st b4 go for b20 setup n more money involved actually... if u choose cheap route u will end up headache

b20 parts are not build for high revving... the parts are weak... most failure during high rpm. from what i understand its oil circulation failed during high rpm. THE OIL PUMP IS THE HEART OF THE ENGINE. Oil serves as a cooling agent, it carries heat away n lubricates. when internal parts lack of lubrication at high rpm temperature may increase and destroy the engine KABOOOOOM!!!

sleeve crack, piston crack, overheating ... common case happened

dont shoot me if im wrong... thiz is just from my opinion :adore::adore::adore:

kent more experience on b20 setup... hope he will assist :nurse::nurse::nurse: u to choose the right piston for u becoz hes engine doing very well... successful healthy n powerful

Bump:
yeah Kent wat pistons u using?

anubis...yeah safer with smaller ones....but compromise with power lor....reliability vs power...u ask Mindef he sure say bigger one....:rofl:
no matter how big or small piston the idea to gain high power for NA is compression laa

if u put king kong piston also compression low u will loss power instead gain hp... so my dear uncle... throw ur itr piston or u can give to me so that i can use for ash tray :smokin::smokin::smokin:jokin jokin :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: dont cucuk me i knoe ur car very fast wan :adore::adore::adore:

kent75

Jul 18, 2005
Cheras, KL
Hmmm, basically my B20B with K20A 86mm piston is really doing great. Very important is the skill of the mechanic. For myself, i also scared my engine cant stand for long, alwayz worry that it will be exploded someday.

This K20A 86mm piston that i'm using currently is designed for high compression [19.5 to 20.0]. Higher compression will produce more heat, more possibility of engine knocking definitely MORE POWER. In order to reduce the engine knock, u either retard your engine timing or add thicker engine gasket , but end up power loss. There's another way to settle the engine knocking and make your engine faster where you can choose to pair it with Hi Cam like stage 3. Coz Hi Cam need higher compression to push it. Then engine knocking could be reduced. This is wat i know la from different mechanics and tuners. Correct me if i'm wrong. Btw, Rin know alot of engine building, he is still studying how to build a strong and reliable b20b. You can always refer to him.

If i were to choose again, I'll still be choosing 86mm DC5 K20A piston, it's just how good is your mechanic to build ur engine. Just like wat Rin told me, B20B's engine wall can be bored to 89mm maximum.

anubis

Known Member
Mar 29, 2006

Hmmm, basically my B20B with K20A 86mm piston is really doing great. Very important is the skill of the mechanic. For myself, i also scared my engine cant stand for long, alwayz worry that it will be exploded someday.

This K20A 86mm piston that i'm using currently is designed for high compression [19.5 to 20.0]. Higher compression will produce more heat, more possibility of engine knocking definitely MORE POWER. In order to reduce the engine knock, u either retard your engine timing or add thicker engine gasket , but end up power loss. There's another way to settle the engine knocking and make your engine faster where you can choose to pair it with Hi Cam like stage 3. Coz Hi Cam need higher compression to push it. Then engine knocking could be reduced. This is wat i know la from different mechanics and tuners. Correct me if i'm wrong. Btw, Rin know alot of engine building, he is still studying how to build a strong and reliable b20b. You can always refer to him.

If i were to choose again, I'll still be choosing 86mm DC5 K20A piston, it's just how good is your mechanic to build ur engine. Just like wat Rin told me, B20B's engine wall can be bored to 89mm maximum.
ICic, did u change ur conrods?

mrpilot

Known Member
Mar 11, 2009
sori if wrong place to ask. what the diff between DB8 n DC2 look n engine? both used b18c rite? dc2 2drs ndb8 4 drs. nay other diff? :driver:

Last edited:

mindef

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2005

19.5 cr to 20.0 cr from ur b20? :adore::adore::adore: r u kidding me or what? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
thatss diesel engine cr :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

halimza

Jun 17, 2007

hi halim...
selling because of upgrade or selling off your car?
i thought you have achieved your desired hp.
still looking for more is it?
itu rin punya DA6 mau kasi tapau ka?
selling??? HELL NO! hahaha.... no la, just getting rid of old unused stuff, taking up my kitchen space (as if la aku masak.. hahahahaaa!!!)

as for 'desired hp', there's ALWAYS room for more hp!! now still using standard b18cr pistons, if all items sold maybe start to browse for wiseco or toda pisstins!!! yummmmmm... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: added another one, mari mari mari.... huhuhu... http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...c2-type-r-fits-dc-eg-so4-etc.html#post3457934

halim my car slow like :turtle::turtle::turtle: u test with kent b20 becoz
i kena tapau with him lah :banghead::banghead::banghead:
aiyooo... Mr Rin's DA6 untouchable wooo... Mr 278km/h.....

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!
WE'RE NOT WORTHY!
WE'RE NOT WORTHY!
:adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

jangan marah ahhh... nyeh nyeh nyehhh....

Last edited:

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007

Bump:
19.5 cr to 20.0 cr from ur b20? :adore::adore::adore: r u kidding me or what? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
thatss diesel engine cr :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
CR 20.....
wow wow wow...
crazy...
u would need full alcohol injection to start it....
i mean to run it.....

ur MECH is really good..or should i call him an ENGINEER......
:adore:

Last edited:

kent75

Jul 18, 2005
Cheras, KL
I think the CR that u all said is "compression ratio" that is not based on the gauge and u need to disassemble the engine to measure.

Coz I went to Zairul, he tested with a gauge so called compression tester which is put into the spark plug hole and start the engine by unplugging the distributor socket. The result is showing 19.5 bar or 20.0 kg/cm2. Based on my mechanic, 20.0 kg/cm2 is not the highest he can do, some customer of him is running at 24 and above. So, jz go to him, he'll explain to u everything if this sounds unbelievable for u.

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007
yaya..
totally agree..
u need to take out cylinder head....
measure the stroke cylinder head..
long long prosedure...
but above 18....
u'll need a flat head to do that like a diesel engine did....
if high lift cam..
sure wack up valves out....
18 is unbelieveable..

kent75

Jul 18, 2005
Cheras, KL
Thatz right, the result that is showing on the compression tester is not compression ratio, that is compression pressure.

So my compression pressure is 19.5bar or 20.0 kg/cm2. So dun mistaken my statement above ^^ But usually normal NA only run at 12bar maximum.

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007
oh....
im so sorry mate....
my mistake....
baru belajar ma.... :rolleyes:
hahaha...
sorry...

anyway..
nice mod mate...

Bump: oh....
im so sorry mate....
my mistake....
baru belajar ma.... :rolleyes:
hahaha...
sorry...

anyway..
nice mod mate...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I m considering to get either a DC5 or silvia s15 NA.In terms of pricing of parts,maintenance,stabilility,durability of the car and the resell value,which
one will be better?and which car gets broken into more or stolen?tx to all the
sifus for adavance advises! Hope i can decide ..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience