Integra DC1 DC2 SIR Type R? So many versions....Need Sifu to help expliain?

Tegger-4-Life

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
Klang
Integra DC1 DC2 SIR Type R? So many versions....Need Sifu to help explain?

Hi all,

I am new to the integra market in malaysia so wondering if somebody can help explain all the available engine types in malaysia....

I was looking at an integra for sale today, engine block says B18C. Is this the Type R engine? Owner claims it is and is 200ps? Is there a B18CR engine code?

I see the engine chasis is DC1 - XXXXX what does this mean?

There are some DC2 Type R and non Type R right? What is DC1?

What are the various ori engine code and chasis that came with it?

Car is manu in 1994 and registered in 2001. Yellow turbo converted type R from Motortrader. Anybody knows this car or is familiar with it?

Thanks! :tee:

Last edited:

b18c5

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2004
There are some DC2 Type R and non Type R right? What is DC1?
dc2 typer - typeR (duh!!)

dc2 Si- GRS/SIR using B18c

dc1 - 1.6 single cam

both b18c has it written on the block, to diff if its a typeR (b18c5) or GSR(b18c1)

look at the intake manifold(inverted manifold)

Tegger-4-Life

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
Klang
ty ty :biggrin:

ok....so the B18C Type R version has single intake runners and the B18C GSR version has dual intake runners right?

What if the intake manifold from the GSR has also been changed to single runner Type R version? Any other way to tell?

What is the hp difference? Type R is 198ps and GSR is 178ps?

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/honda_generations.html

Also owner tells me that VTEC only engages at 5700 rpm on his because it is the Type R engine...GSR VTEC engines engage at 4400 rpm....is this accurate?

Also, I notice engine jerking when at low speeds and letting off the gas pedal. Not major jerk but not as smooth as NA cars. Other turbo cars does not have this problem. Is it normal with turbo or problem with fuel map / tuning?

Last edited:

b18c5

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2004
well.... if intake is changed.....harder to tell la....have to drive it to feel then..

cause other major differences are internals.......like the piston crank, port&polish

yes its accurate...gsr opens at 4400 rpm...first buttefly open, then at 5700 or 5800 second butterfly open

type R opens at 5700rpm

well u talking bout the yellow dc2 converted to top fuel turbo for sale in motor trader is it??

well if its top fuel then its confirm B18c5(type R) cause top fuel builts their turbos with the type R base...

jerking ar....that wan i dunno leh.,...have to drive and see la......but its a vtec turbo.....not my department mate hehe dont belive in turboing a vtec:smile:

FD3S

Known Member
Nov 18, 2004
Jerking?? Mostly becoz of Racing clutch

Tegger-4-Life said:
Also, I notice engine jerking when at low speeds and letting off the gas pedal. Not major jerk but not as smooth as NA cars. Other turbo cars does not have this problem. Is it normal with turbo or problem with fuel map / tuning?
B18c5: Please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks~!!!

For me, other turbo cars do not have this problem because they might not using racing clutch. I believe it's not engine jerking, but it's the racing clutch jerking caused by not enuff gas giving to clutch when u letting off the gas pedal..mostly is becoz of the timing between releasing the gas pedal and clutch pedal. I do have the same problem sometime on my FD which using double plate mazda speed racing clutch.

Perhaps, all the sifus with experience on racing clutch can provide some useful opinion here.

Thanks~!!! :smile:

Last edited:

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
good thread..interesting reads...more honda sifus needed to complete this thread man!

gunter

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
yeah.. I also have the same jerking problem but only during cold starts..

Tegger-4-Life

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
Klang
soulfly said:
i'm not very aware of this 'dual intake runners' on B18C SiR-G... can anyone explain how it actually works? why only B18C have this... and not B16A?
Dual intake runners only on B18C1 USDM or B18C SIR engine for B series engines. (There is also dual runner design on some other H series etc engines but I don't know which ones)

It has 2 intake runners for each cylinder, one longer and one shorter. Longer one used during low RPM operation and the butterfly opens for the shorter one during high RPM operation.

Longer runner used to maintain laminar flow and correct air velocity which promotes better cylinder air fuel mixing at low RPMS.

Shorter runner good for high rpm operation to give least restriction to flow and air friction (on runner walls) while still having a good mix because of high cylinder speeds.

The trade off for having 2 runners is that high rpm performance suffers slightly due to intake air turbulence caused by the dual runner design.

Why Type R only has one short intake runner, because type Rs are designed to get max hp at high RPM (fully optimizing a Type R's performance means never shifting before redline, with VTEC wide open as much as possible) with a little sacrifice for low rpm torque. Having only one runner eliminates the turbulance caused by having 2 runners (turbulence from air flowing over the butterfly valve)

B16A engines only have a long runner for better low rpm torque (small displacement so less torquey engine) sacrificing a little on high RPM power.

Last edited:

Tegger-4-Life

Known Member
Sep 6, 2005
Klang
FD3S said:
B18c5: Please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks~!!!

For me, other turbo cars do not have this problem because they might not using racing clutch. I believe it's not engine jerking, but it's the racing clutch jerking caused by not enuff gas giving to clutch when u letting off the gas pedal..mostly is becoz of the timing between releasing the gas pedal and clutch pedal. I do have the same problem sometime on my FD which using double plate mazda speed racing clutch.

Perhaps, all the sifus with experience on racing clutch can provide some useful opinion here.

Thanks~!!! :smile:
I dont think is racing clutch because when I was test driving, i already had the clutch fully released and just let off the gas pedal. Then the car jerks....